AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing. Soundfiles can be opened from anywhere, including USB drives on iOS 13 and later.
Route and filter MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix. Combine and filter MIDI endpoints using MIDI buses.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports built-in speaker and mic, including stereo mic on devices that has it.
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Supports Audio Unit multiple output and input busses (for side-chaining etc)
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link, with Start/Stop support
• Slave external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all your soundfiles
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Optional manual compensation using TimeOffset
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
• MIDI filtering for any MIDI destination
• Combine MIDI sources or destinations using MIDI buses
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• LP/HP combo filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
- Add setting to show system status bar.
- Add some close-buttons on various popup views.
- Improve waiting for save at app termination.
- Keep track of unmatched state when loading AUv3 MIDI mappings, and try to re-apply it if the available parameters changes.
- Fix audio engine not restarting when coming back from background.
- Show name of currently loading node when loading state.
- Replace : with . in filenames since : is not allowed in some file systems.
- Add Share button in Engine Info to copy info to pasteboard, for improved user support.
- Workaround minor Ableton Link glitch, fixes FilePlayer not starting at some tempos.
- Fix some alert popups appearance in combination with some iOS accessibility settings.
- Various minor tweaks and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally Found My Favorite iOS Workflow
I’ve been doing iOS music for many years. People always raved about AUM, and used it in videos. I held off for awhile using other DAWs/Hosts that were great for me at that time, but never quite perfect. As I learned more, and the development of apps progressed, I began to see the value of AUM and finally purchased it. I hate to use buzzwords, but it was a complete game changer for my workflow, my music production, and my songwriting. The app has stepped up my game and helped me learn so much. It’s just brilliant in so many ways. It lets you pick and choose the pieces you need, in a very open and creative way, instead of feeling like a closed workspace. It’s super stable, great gui, great built in fx & features. There’s also been several amazing updates that continue to make this the best app for music production on the App Store. Not sure where my music would be without 3.5 years of daily AUM usage. I can’t sit here and say it’s for everyone because workflow is a personal choice, based on feeling comfortable, creative, and being able to do the things you want to do. I will say this app can basically do everything. It completely revolutionized my music making, and made so many things “click” for me. I can’t recommend this app enough. My most used app, hands down. 10 Stars!
For nearly a decade I’ve been doing sound design and composing music using my iOS devices. While at first a lot of that was out of curiosity and for my own amusement, its become a viable professional platform in the last few years. One app has been a constant through almost all of that time, AUM. I can’t even imagine what doing sound work on iOS would be like without this app having been made. The developer has also done a phenomenal job of staying close to the community, listening to feedback and continually improving the app over the years. It has only gotten better and more incredible. Now there is Logic for the iPad but they aren’t the same thing and aren’t mutually exclusive in any way. I really kind of wish there was AUM available for macOS so I could just work in the same way. Regardless, its absolutely essential imo and worth every single penny. A big thank you to the dev. I see you man, big ups for all your work.
Change the name to wormwood
I see all these folks using this . But the moment I open it I’m furious that it expects all of us to ignore everything we learned about using apps and turns us into little fleas jumping through navigational hoops to do even the simplest of every day music making on the iPads . And the army of people using it and who think it’s so awesome are like a private golf club in pebble beach That only allows their way of operating to exist . Because of this app audio buss is a junk pile of problems too. Since it’s inception all AUM has accomplished is to drive people away from my beloved iPad Pro . And now studio pros laugh at anyone who even speaks about iOS . I sure hope the minuscule amount of people who enjoy AUM will disagree but they seem to enjoy using puzzles to make music on an app that is so unintuitive it’s ridiculous. We need a central hub daw that opens all apps within itself and actually looks and behaves like one . Something native to Apple not third party …like Logic Pro but as long as everyone keeps using a puzzle to make music that will never happen. And it’s 2021 already . I will never use this app ever it’s junk and stupidly over engineered to please the engineer who created it and thinks “it’s useful to twenty or thirty people so great.”😖😖😖😖😖😖😖🐕😖🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🙏
Developer Response ,
That's quite a lot of (hurtful) words just to say that AUM is not for you. I'm sorry that I can't please every possible user out there. AUM does exactly what it says in the description, and thousand of users are happy with it. It sounds to me like you would be better of asking AppStore for a refund and buy one of the available DAW apps instead.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kymatica AB
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Kymatica AB
- In-App Purchases
- Huge Tip $9.99
- Medium Tip $1.99
- Large Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $0.99