Bluefire Reader is the best way to read Adobe® Content Server protected ebooks on your iPhone or iPad. With Bluefire Reader you can read EPUB and PDF ebooks from retailers, publishers and libraries around the world.
Bluefire Reader is designed with you, the reader, in mind. With just a tap you can highlight, bookmark, annotate, look up a definition and share excerpts.
Bookstores and publishers around the world tap Bluefire to design and develop their mission critical apps. Try Bluefire Reader today and see why.
iTunes file sharing support
Files App access to ebook files in Library (useful for importing and backing up ebooks)
Batch import via Files interface
Updated User Guide
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Occasional bug,one annoyance, still the best
This is a great eReader. With Bluefire I always have many hours of reading in my pocket. I am never without something to read. Clean interface, everything I need and nothing I don’t.
But occasionally I leave the app in the middle of a book, then when I reopen it it starts at page 1. I then have to search through the text to find where I left off.
And one annoyance: I often read in bed while my spouse sleeps, so I swipe down to dim the text. I like that a lot. The annoyance is that horizontal bar at the bottom which stays at full brightness and is quite distracting. This may be an iOS thing which Bluefire cannot control.
Overall still the best. Much appreciated!
Has potential, but needs improvement
I like that it’s more customizable than other readers, but there are a couple things that annoy me.
1) Every other reader I’ve used, when you leave the app and come back.. it brings you directly to the book you were reading. This app brings you to the library instead. I know I can just press ‘now reading’, but it’s an unnecessary step. Once you’re in the middle of a book, odds are high the you’re gonna continue reading that book!
2) the app hangs frequently! I can be reading and flipping thru the pages, when all the sudden it doesn’t respond. Swipe, swipe.. nothing. It’s not the iPad because I can switch apps and do whatever else I want while the app is hung. This happens on multiple newer devices. If you give it 10 seconds or so it seems to come back, but it’s pretty ridiculous. The app has one purpose and that’s to display text. It has all kinds of time to have the next page ready while I’m reading the current page ** added note here, when it hangs it always seems to be at the end of a chapter
3) this is minor, but with all the freedom you have to pick your background and text color.. you don’t have the freedom to pick a highlight color. I had found an interesting color combo, went to highlight something and it didn’t highlight because of my color scheme
4) also minor, when dealing with RGB color selection, I’m used to seeing 0-255.. but for some reason this app uses 0-100.
Needs some UI improvements
I don’t use Bluefire Reader that often, but today I was really frustrated with a UI issue and saw no feedback medium except for here. I copied one of my thesis papers into Bluefire so I wouldn’t have to navigate between different MS Word files while working on a new paper. My goal was to copy references and/or content for citing in this new paper in a simple manner. However, Bluefire doesn’t actually respond intuitively when you attempt to highlight and copy text. I have a hanging indent for one of my references, and it regularly highlights the 2nd character and only up to a certain point on the second line (if one tries hard enough). I gave up and just started retyping my references and previously cited content.
The app also doesn’t regularly appear as an in-browser option for exporting online text. I.e., say I want to import a file instead of manually printing it. The developers need to look into expanding Bluefire’s presence in the “more options” sections of widely used mobile browsers. I gave the app two stars because I am able to still navigate between papers courtesy of separate apps.
- Bluefire Productions
- 24.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Basque, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020, Bluefire Productions, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.