PocketBook Reader is a free app for reading any e-content (books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, etc.) and listening to audiobooks! The application supports 26 book and audio formats, including mobi, epub, fb2, cbz, cbr. Read without ads and with total comfort!
Choose any content - any format!
• Support of 19 book formats, including the most popular - EPUB, FB2, MOBI, PDF, DJVU, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML;
• Comic book formats CBR and CBZ;
• Open books protected with Adobe DRM (PDF, EPUB);
• PDF Reflow function (reflow text in PDF files).
Listen to audiobooks!
• You can listen to audiobooks and other audio files in MP3, M4B, and take notes in them;
• Built-in TTS (Text-to-speech) engine for the voicing of the text files.
Download and sync content easily!
• Free PocketBook Cloud service for synchronizing all your books, including audiobooks, as well as reading positions, notes and bookmarks on all your devices;
• Your files from Dropbox or Google Books services are easily connected to the app to create one consolidated library. You can even connect multiple accounts at the same time;
• Support for OPDS catalogs - get access to network libraries;
• ISBN scanner, for quick search of electronic versions of books by barcode;
• Opportunity to borrow books and periodicals;
• If you have a E Ink e-reader PocketBook, you can easily synchronize all your books and accounts just by scanning a QR code.
Ready to switch from another app? No problem! Getting started with PocketBook Reader is easy! With an intuitive interface, the application provides you with unprecedented freedom – lots of options for settings and no restrictions.
Choose, change, customize, and personalize!
• Intuitive interface, easy navigation, and minimalistic design;
• Opportunity to choose one of the seven interface color themes, reassign the buttons and display areas;
• Two night-reading modes - for better reading comfort anytime;
• Adjust the font style, font size, line spacing, and margin size;
• Animation of turning pages;
• Opportunity to crop margins – make the page look exactly the way you want.
Get fast file access and easy search!
• All files are quickly found and instantly opened, even with built-in audio and video fragments;
• Your books will never be lost in the device’s memory - thanks to the smart search, scanning files on your tablet or smartphone is a matter of seconds. Any file or document can be found in a few clicks!
• The app allows you to sort books, create collections, filter and mark files as you like. Your library - your rules;
• Convenient managing of audio files - it is easy to sort and play your audiobooks.
Make bookmarks, take notes, add comments!
• You can quickly find all your notes and share them with friends via email or messengers;
• Collect all your notes, bookmarks, and comments into separate files for even greater convenience.
PocketBook Reader was created by avid readers for avid readers, and that’s why it’s probably the best e-book reader app.
- speedup and optimization of sync between devices
- grouping books by author
- AZW book format support
- M4A audiobook format support
- sync with e-ink readers via Dropbox
- improvements for OPDS-catalogs
- improvements and bugfixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If it works, it work
I’m not particularly a huge fan of not having an visible default option to see folders before the entire library itself. I’m scatterbrained so I can hardly remember what I wanted to read unless they’re under a folder with particular genre. Anyway, it’s useable and I liked it. It’s slower to load my books than when I first got the app though, not sure why that was.
However, I do have a minor gripe and it’s the app lacking an ability to edit the author’s name. For whatever reason, two of my books from the same series were under a different “author’s” name—because the first and last name were swapped and I can’t fix it. I understand why the edit ability isn’t an option because it’s meant to protect the author and to preserve their rights as the book’s owners. If I can just swap the name so the books could go under the correct title and with its’ series, that’d be great.
Overall, it’s a good app. Would recommend.
Developer Response ,
Categories are available on Books tab - Collections (Button with star icon)
You can tap on author name and see all author books
Also search in library works pretty fast
Simple and excellent
I have used many epub readers. They are either far too complex and convoluted (MoonReader), or lacking essential tools such as highlighting or bookmarking. PocketBook Reader has all the essential features but not so many as to be confusing and make it difficult to use. It is the only epub reader I have felt deserving of use. Biggest problem: I can find no way to easily locate a set bookmark if losing track of where it is. Flipping through Page after page trying to find a lost bookmark is not time conservative or user friendly. Would like to see this fixed... or a more obvious way to do so if such feature already exists.
Developer Response ,
To set simple bookmark just tap on top right corner of screen while reading a book.
To highlight text you need to select it by long tap and choose one of four colors (You can scroll longtap menu)
If you want to see list of bookmarks or highlights, tap on screen center and tap on menu button on top right corner or tap on book title or swipe left. Then choose appropriate topic using segmented control (Contents - Bookmarks - Notes & Highlights - Book Info)
Have a pleasure reding!
Continuous scrolling has disappeared!!
PocketBook Reader has been a unique, outstanding reader for people who like continuous, non-stop scrolling (stroke to adjust speed). For handicapped people, people who do not like to hold a book, and the rest of us who like to read without having to reach out and turn every page. Suddenly, this most recent update has removed the continuous scrolling, which is a huge disappointment. Now PocketBook Reader is just like the other reader-cloners. Before, it was unique, exceptional, and the only reader available which offered continuous scrolling. I am so sorry I updated this time. Fortunately, I have one iPad left without update, and from now on I will read only on that iPad.
Please, please, developers, bring back the continuous scrolling. It was one of a kind, your strongest feature, which offered a service no other app offered. No other updates or "improvements" can compensate for taking away the continuous scrolling. I am devastated. I had relied on it for hours every day and have been your (previous) biggest fan.
Developer Response ,
I don't understand...
We have continuous scrolling feature. And it works.
Just choose scroll mode and make double tap on text.
You can choose reading mode in second circle menu
- Pocketbook International SA
- 124.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 PocketBook International SA
- In-App Purchases
- eBook (class B) $1.99
- eBook (class C) $2.99
- eBook (class A) $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.