A wonderful player for your M4B/M4A/MP3 based audiobooks.
– Using AirDrop from your Mac or iOS device
– From Files and other apps on your device
– Via File Sharing in iTunes on your Mac or PC
– Zip files with your folders and books
– Maintain and see progress of your books
– Mark books as finished
– Drag & Drop to sort your library
– Create playlists
– Automatically play items in turn
– Play the first unfinished file by tapping on the playlist artwork
– Move files to playlists from the library or import them directly
– Control audio playback from the lock screen, control center or from the companion app on the Apple Watch
– Play and navigate books with Chapters
– Jump to start of the current book
– Change playback speed
– Smart rewind
– Volume Boost
– Support for remote events from headset buttons and the lock screen
– Sleep timer with adjustable duration
– CarPlay support
BookPlayer is licensed under GNU General Public License v3.0. The source code and a list of all its contributors can be found on the GitHub page of this project at www.github.com/TortugaPower/BookPlayer
For help and ways to contribute to the project see the support section in the Settings screen of BookPlayer or visit www.bookplayer.app
If you enjoy BookPlayer, we would be glad if you consider writing a review.
- New speed options (3x, 0.9x, 0.5x)
– Fixed being unable to pick a completed book from inside a playlist (it skipped to the next one)
– Fixed sleep timer (end-of-chapter option), it wasn't stopping in playlists when the current book finished
– Tapping mini artwork wasn't starting playback in the case where the book was already loaded
Don't forget to check what we introduced in 3.6.0:
– New Select All / Deselect All option when pressing the Edit button in the Library (thanks @clint015).
- Support for iOS 13 dark / light mode.
– Stop audio when removing one AirPod from your ear.
– Book will no longer sometimes jump to the beginning of the file when playback is restarted from the control center while the app was not in memory.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it so far!
I am on the road all the time and live on audio books in the car. I use the library and would copy CD audio books into the audiobooks section in iTunes. Now that Apple Music has broken out the Books app the synchronization of audio book files is hit or miss at best and was making CD audio books all but unusable. Books is great if you want to buy books from the Apple store but that’s about it. With this app I can easily burn the CDs in Apple Music and then Airdrop them right into BookPlayer. It picks up the file where you left off even if you completely close the app and gives you control over listening speed and includes a sleep timer.
One note- when you Airdrop the all the files of a single book it will not automatically group them into one book in your BookPlayer library. To do this manually after the files are processed pick “Create New Playlist”. You can then name the playlist with the name of the book and you’re good to go.
Simple, bugless, no annoying ads or pop ups.
This app is extremely simple. There are no ads, no glitches, and no pop ups. Pretty much nothing that annoyed me about the other 5 apps I tried. I have audio book files that I pulled off of CDs and uploaded to my google drive. They imported to this app from there easily. There are a million features that people might like which are missing from this app (pause from iPhone headphone button, select multiple files at a time, separate files from different books into their own folders, FFW/RWD) which I would've liked, but the features that it has work flawlessly. Namely, it remembers where you left off, allows control from lock screen, and doesn't have annoying bugs or ads. The worst annoyance that OTHER APPS tend to have is that they forget where I left off or skip around in between listenings. This app played exactly where I left off perfectly every time I opened the app. That reliability is my favorite thing about it. Following that, its simplicity and playback speed control make using it a very pleasant experience. As long as they keep these characteristics, this will be the only app I will ever use again for audiobooks. I very much enjoy how it is designed and functions. If they can add any of the missing features that I mentioned above while maintaining all of the positive characteristics, I'll be changing my review to five stars.
Developer Response ,
While folders are not available yet, BookPlayer now has support for playlists and remote controls as well as a brand new interface for adjustable forward and rewind. We hope you enjoy the upgrade.
The best audiobook app out there, but worried about future
This is my first comment for any app that I have ever downloaded. Seriously, it’s that good. I have tried many audiobook apps over the past couple years, and they all had something that annoyed me. Time limits for your audiobooks, hard to use and navigate, or difficult to import files. Not only does this app solve all of these problems, it is so amazingly designed you would think that apple made it themselves. The only thing that worries me about this app is that good free apps like these usually do not become free after a while, and features that used to be free are suddenly paid features. Developers, if you’re reading, please don’t take away any existing free features and make them paid. It’s how all good apps are ruined and makes the user base extremely angry. Other than that, amazing app. 5/5 no brainer
Developer Response ,
Hi Moustafa! We are glad that you're really enjoying the app, and we want to reassure you that we won't hinder the user experience by locking existing features behind a pay-wall. We believe in Open Source and in free software, and that's why we have our app's source code freely available for anyone to download, test and improve.
- Gianni Carlo
- 29.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 5.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Gianni Carlo
- In-App Purchases
- Kind tip $2.99
- Excellent Tip $4.99
- Incredible Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.