Panels is the best CBR/CBZ/PDF comic reader for your iPhone and iPad devices. Enjoy reading your comics in a clean and delightful interface.
- Support for most common comic types: CBR, CBZ and PDF
- Dropbox, Google Drive and iCloud support for importing your comics without leaving the app
- Synchronise your progress: sign in with google to share your reading progress across all your devices
- Collections: organize your comic library by easily grouping your comics
- Day and Night modes
- Continuous reading mode: fit the page using double tap, and just tap to advance
- Reverse mode (manga): read any type of comic with Panels
Comics can be imported using Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, iTunes, receive or send them via Airdrop, or importing them from other apps using drag and drop.
- Fixed thumbnails load in Ubooquity when security users are enabled.
- Fixed files download in Ubooquity when security users are enabled.
- Fixed pagination in Ubooquity in folders containing files and other nested folders.
- Fixed a crash when resetting auth configuration in Ubooquity.
- Fixed a bug that made the app overwrite files when they name clash.
- Fixed safe areas in the vertical reader. Now it takes advantage of the full screen.
- Support Panels button has been moved down for Premium users.
Ratings and Reviews
Panel View is a KILLER feature for phone size reading...
Pinch-and-drag to navigate comic pages has been the bane of mobile reading for a long time. In fact, I remember when it was big news that The Bone series had been reformatted to panel by panel format and released as an iPhone app.
Panel View accomplished the same thing algorithmically—and it works. Tap to move from one panel to the next, and fit the whole screen with that panel. It’s not the same as reading on an iPad or other large format, but it’s worth the trade off compared to all the options I was aware of previously.
Besides this, Panels is beautifully designed and (most importantly) actively developed. It’s not perfect yet (notably, it could do a better job of matching metadata and automatically sorting comics into groups), but it’s on the way.
Ok start, could be better
It’s a very useful and minimalist app but this comes with its limitations. For example, I have not found a way rename or delete a collection once it’s been created. I cannot create sub folders to sort comics this leaves me with like 100 collections when they could be just 10. I can’t rename comics. The title of a comic isn’t shown in the icon/cover view. Needs to be a back or home button instead of always clicking a collection header and scrolling through my long list of collections. Really could be better.
Edit: Thank you for the reply. I did not realize that was how to delete collection I kept on holding and going through settings. Wish you the best
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and feedback. As you correctly pointed out, you can’t rename a collection or create a collection inside another.
However, you can delete a collection by swiping left (in the collection list). You can also go back to the main library when you are in a collection by either pinching with 2 fingers or swiping right from the left edge of the screen.
We are a very small team (only 2 people) but we keep improving Panels constantly. I hope we can add some of the features that you are missing very soon in future updates.
Love this app wish it had double tap to zoom though
I would like to say that this is the best looking comic book reader on the iPhone hands down. Everything about it is beautiful. The navigation is extremely well done, and it doesn’t add a bunch of stuff that gets in the way of reading. After two days of usage I bought the ad-free version because I loved it so much.
If I had one criticism of the app it would be that I would also like to have double tap to zoom option either in the settings that you can turn on or, just on by default. Other than that, this app is perfect for my needs.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review. It means a lot to us to receive such nice comments.
Regarding the double tap to zoom feature, it is in our roadmap to give you an option for choosing between different reading modes. It won’t be included in the next version, but it will come in the near future.
In addition, we also have a community forum (access it within the app settings) where we discuss features with our users and show what is coming in future versions. We would love to see you there.
Thank you again.
- Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- 143.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $4.99
- Remove Ads $4.99
- Large Tip $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.