Panels is the best CBR/CBZ/PDF comic reader for your iPhone and iPad devices. Enjoy reading your comics in a clean and delightful interface.
- Support for most common comic types: CBR, CBZ and PDF
- Support for multiple image formats, including WebP
- Synchronise your progress: sign in with google or Apple to share your reading progress across all your devices
- Collections: organize your comic library by easily grouping your comics
- Day and Night modes, including many other themes
- Choose between a variety of different readers, from horizontal and vertical to panel-by-panel guided view. Panels offers many reading modes to improve your reading experience.
- Reverse mode (manga): read any type of comic with Panels
Comics can be imported using Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Ubooquity, Komga, OPDS, embedded server, iCloud, iTunes, external drives, receive or send them via Airdrop, or importing them from other apps using drag and drop.
New in this version
• External Libraries!! Now, services like Komga or Ubooquity appear as external libraries.
• OPDS Streaming support! If you use an OPDS compatible server, you can now stream your comics without downloading them.
• We've redesigned the iPad app with a new sidebar and new sections.
• Substack integration! We've added support for opening Substack comics from their website. Complete integration with access to all of your Substack comics, and more things are on their way.
• Added support for OneDrive Business.
• Added support for Google Drive shared folders.
• Added tap gestures to navigate through the Vertical Scroll reader.
• You can now enable/disable the tap gestures to navigate through pages.
• A bug in the readers when switching from the double to single page reader while having the zoom lock enabled.
• Fixed a crash in the double-page reader.
• Fixes a crash opening OPDS streaming comics.
Ratings and Reviews
Panels is here to stay
Ive been using Chunky app for a while, and is a great app, but Panels push the boundaries further with its awesome Library view, editing and import support. There were some minor bugs on iOS 12 or older. I contacted the developer by email and the response time was no joke. Not only they make sure they understand the issue, they asked me more input about the app updates. I was going to give 4 stars because of just one issue that I think could be improved (in my two cents of opinion), but the communication with the developer was so fast and satisfactory that that alone is worth two extra stars if there were more to give. Panels is elegant, organize and the app aesthetics (which is backed by its performance) just wants you to read more.
UPDATE: Missing functionality - used to be great
2.4.4 - the last few versions I’ve had trouble other comic names. I’m importing via airdrop to my iOS device (latest software) and two comics had the end of their file names cut off. File names are the exact same length of other comics in the series that did not have naming issues. When I use the “rename” feature and save, the file name reverts to what it was and never changes.
2.2.2 - I’ve updated my iOS device hardware and am on the latest softwares for my device and the app. I’m unable to airdrop directly to the app (was able to do this in ver. 1 and iOS 12) and my Files app recognizes CBZ files to share with Panels, but it does not recognize CBR files as sharable with the Panels app.
2.02/3 fixed the crash upon app start. Comics read fine now as they did before. Tested the search feature and THAT crashed the app 3-for-3 when I tried it.
Good thing the app loads up and reading comics is normal, not good that standard features still cause app crashes.
Also, I liked starting at the Library page in the old app. I recommend letting users choose their landing page upon opening the app. As someone who uploads comics on devices with smaller storage spaces, all the “READ NOW” features are pretty useless for me as I keep no more than 20 comics loaded in (usually less).
App doesn’t even load up now. It just crashes.
Should have waited to move to version 2 until after testing was complete.
Developer Response ,
Hi. 2.0.2 should have fixed the crash on startup that was affecting iOS 12 users. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please update to the latest version and let us know if that fixed it. Cheers
Zoom Lock is useless!!!
edit to review:
Turns out you need the premium version to do vertical scroll… I tried the premium trial and the reading works very well now and I think I’m buying the full premium version… this app is great and worth it for me right now…
Still looking for selecting a part of the comic as a snapshot, putting my notes on it and sharing it to other platforms to be native in this app… I can work around it but I’ll appreciate if I can do it natively!!!
Everything about this app is great except the most important feature which is Lock Zoom… I’m reading Solo Leveling (a webtoon) on it… the page is long and narrow so I have to zoom in to get it on the full width… the problem is the page keeps moving left and right when I try to scroll so I tried the zoom lock… it turns out that it locks on the view l’m on and don’t scroll any more… so I have to unlock the zoom, scroll down further on the long page (which is longer than standard page), lock it again and so on… I was about to buy the premium version but I don’t see the benefit of doing that now… please fix this!!! One more issue… some comic reading apps allows me to take a snap shot (select a part of the page) and add comments to it and even share it with other apps… it seems Panels lack this as well!!!
Developer Response ,
The zoom lock works as expected. In the default reader, it locks the zoom at a certain amount so you can navigate through pages without having to adjust the zoom again.
What you need it is something that panels already supports in other reading modes (adjust orientation will do what you need without having to lock zoom, vertical reader will also be a good one for what you need).
We’d suggest doing the trial version, which unlocks Panels Premium for a few days without having to pay.
We hope Panels Premium works for you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- 120.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Produkt Software Engineering S.L. 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Premium $7.99
- Monthly Subscription $1.49
- Yearly Subscription $11.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.