Panels is the best CBR/CBZ/PDF comic reader for your iPhone and iPad devices. Enjoy reading your comics in a clean and delightful interface.
- Support for most common comic types: CBR, CBZ and PDF
- Support for multiple image formats, including WebP
- Synchronise your progress: sign in with google or Apple to share your reading progress across all your devices
- Collections: organize your comic library by easily grouping your comics
- Day and Night modes, including many other themes
- Choose between a variety of different readers, from horizontal and vertical to panel-by-panel guided view. Panels offers many reading modes to improve your reading experience.
- Reverse mode (manga): read any type of comic with Panels
Comics can be imported using Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Ubooquity, embedded server, iCloud, iTunes, external drives, receive or send them via Airdrop, or importing them from other apps using drag and drop.
This version fixes:
- We've updated our data base engine that fixes some problems. We're aiming to add more stability to the app.
- Fixes the drag n' drop comics import.
- Fixes the comics import from external memories (SD cards, USB drives, ...).
- Fixes a few UI glitches in the import flow.
- Some issues importing comics.
- Automatically dismiss keyboard in search when scrolling.
- Fixes layout in Search after rotating the device.
- Fixes some crashes
Welcome to Panels 2.0, the biggest update since Panels' first version.
Our main focus for this release was the library. As you will see it now uses a standard tabbar with 4 main screens.
We are introducing reading now, where you will have quick access to your recent comics, recently finished ones and more. The library tab remeains the same as before.
The downloads tabs is a great addition to Panels. Now you have the ability to individually stop, pause, retry and cancel each download.
And finally a search tab that has been gratly improved from our previous search screen.
In addition to these changes, this release also includes:
- Contextual menus: long press on a comic to show a list of quick actions
- New quick actions from the library: select one or multiple comics to mark as read, change reading direction and more
- Rename files: now you can rename files directly from Panels
- Visible titles: you can now enable collection and comic titles
- Show containing collection: from search, you have now the option to show in which collection or collections your file is contained
- Sign in with Apple
- Choose your name and avatar
- Many new library customization options
- New icons!
We have also fixed many bugs related to downloading files and reading progress.
We are very excited about this release and we hope you enjoy it!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Panel View is a KILLER feature for phone size reading...
Pinch-and-drag to navigate comic pages has been the bane of mobile reading for a long time. In fact, I remember when it was big news that The Bone series had been reformatted to panel by panel format and released as an iPhone app.
Panel View accomplished the same thing algorithmically—and it works. Tap to move from one panel to the next, and fit the whole screen with that panel. It’s not the same as reading on an iPad or other large format, but it’s worth the trade off compared to all the options I was aware of previously.
Besides this, Panels is beautifully designed and (most importantly) actively developed. It’s not perfect yet (notably, it could do a better job of matching metadata and automatically sorting comics into groups), but it’s on the way.
Panels is here to stay
Ive been using Chunky app for a while, and is a great app, but Panels push the boundaries further with its awesome Library view, editing and import support. There were some minor bugs on iOS 12 or older. I contacted the developer by email and the response time was no joke. Not only they make sure they understand the issue, they asked me more input about the app updates. I was going to give 4 stars because of just one issue that I think could be improved (in my two cents of opinion), but the communication with the developer was so fast and satisfactory that that alone is worth two extra stars if there were more to give. Panels is elegant, organize and the app aesthetics (which is backed by its performance) just wants you to read more.
This Is The Way
There are a number of apps for comic book collectors to organize and read in. Nothing comes remotely close to panels, whose developers always respond to user questions and implement user suggestion quickly if the idea has obvious merit. They have a forum site set up just for communicating with users.
The app itself is stellar. There are no folder icons because the devs understand how important cover art is when you’re trying to find something. Instead you create stacks of cross-referencable comics which look like a stack seen from above. Everything stays where you drag it if you don’t want auto alphabetization - so you can separate artists from writers, or new stuff from the permanent part of your collection, or what have you. i could go on and on as to what make this app the clear winner in its field.
My collection is vast (over 500gb) and the app scrolls smooth as glass. I’ve been able to organize that much content sensibly and quickly. They’ve provided tools to help people on phone screens read panel by panel instead of page by page. With the last update it can even read to you.
Excellent elegant software.
- Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- 179 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $4.99
- Unlock Premium $6.99
- Medium Tip $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.