Microchip’s SmartData provides the ability to scan and connect to RN4020 Microchip Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) peripherals with Microchip Low Energy Data Profile (MLDP). Once connected to a RN4020 Microchip BLE peripheral with MLDP, the MLDP tab lets user to transfer data back and forth between the device and BLE peripheral using a simple data terminal view. The performance tab can be used to stream and receive files to measure throughput. The remote command tab lets the user open and exercise a remote command session to configure the RN4020 module remotely. The DFU-OTA tab allows device firmware upgrades over-the-air on the RN4020 module. The help on each tab provides description and the commands that can be used to configure the RN4020.
- Scan view updated to include BLE peripherals with empty name as 'Unknown'.
- Scan view updated to handle active scanning.
- Scan view updated to show Bluetooth off message if Bluetooth is turned off by user.
- All views return to Scan view when Bluetooth is turned off by user.
- Send button title text in MLDP view turns green to indicate acknowledgement for Write With Response request.
- Auto correct disabled for text fields in Performance, Remote Command, DFU-OTA views.
- Receive text field in Performance view updated to move when keyboard pops up to keep the text field from hiding behind keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
Where is FW1.33?
Great app but it'd be nice if the firmware update 1/33 was provided.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.