BoatUS - Boat Weather & Tides 4+
24/7 Boat Towing & Insurance
Designed for iPad
Join over 600,000 satisfied boaters that don't leave shore without BoatUS every time they're on the water.
The FREE BoatUS app has more than 7000 four star reviews. Download today.
# 24/7 towing assistance
• TowBoatUS is the nation’s largest network of on-water towers with more than 300 ports nationwide.
• Just tap Request A Tow to connect to our dispatch center 24/7.
• When you use the app to call for a tow on the water or road, we’ll know your location - thanks to your phone’s GPS – and dispatch assistance to you quickly.
# Boating forecasts
• Check the current tides, weather and marine conditions on your local waterways or the forecasts for your favorite destinations for up to 5 days ahead of your trip.
• Customize your experience by selecting your preferred tide and buoy stations.
# Small craft advisories
• See what small craft advisories are or will be effecting your area before getting out on the water.
# Hurricane alerts
• Subscribe to specific hurricane alerts and/or select a region to monitor.
# BoatUS discount finder
• Find local marinas, tackle shops, and boatyards that offer you savings and discounts for being a BoatUS Member. Save on dockage, fuel, repairs, and more. And when you arrive, use the app to display your membership card to receive your discount.
• Locate West Marine stores, where BoatUS Members earn the highest level of loyalty rewards, plus TowBoatUS ports and life jacket loaner sites. Use the filters to adjust exactly what types of locations you want to see.
# Manage your membership
• Join, upgrade, or renew your membership right through the app.
# Manage your insurance policy
• BoatUS and GEICO boat policy holders can access your insurance card and policy details, see upcoming invoices, make payments, and even file a claim.
• Not insured with BoatUS? Use the BoatUS app to get a quote on insurance offered by the boating experts.
# Much more
• Share your location, raft up anchorage or favorite fishing hole via Facebook, text or email.
• We're always looking for feedback, please let us know what features you'd like to see!
• BoatUS has been delivering time, money and lifesaving services to recreational boaters nationwide since 1966. We fight for your rights on Capitol Hill, provide water and road towing services, low-cost marine insurance, discounts at boating businesses nationwide, and more! For more information visit BoatUS.com to join over half a million Members that know it pays to belong. Call 800-888-4869 or visit BoatUS.com for additional information.
+ Feature and stability improvements
+ Marine weather direct from NOAA
+ A new home screen for your favorite destinations that includes small craft advisories, weather forecasts, and customizable buoy & tide stations backed by NOAA.
Ratings and Reviews
When I purchased my membership of course I did not really have plans on ever having to use it but for the money I thought well why not just to be safe(we have 2 boats and a jet ski). However unfortunately we did have to use it very early in the boating season. The customer service and communication from the time I requested a tow via the app on my phone. They dispatch kept me in the loop as far as the ETA as week as the captain I spoke to several times mainly because I have no sense of direction but I was trying to tell him where I was on the water. He was very professional and help keep my calm. He and his wife were very professional on the tow back to the boat ramp. Not to mention they came in on there off day to tow us because there were several requests ahead of us and it was going to be at least an hour and a half before the other captain could get to us. I recommend everyone to purchase a membership if you have any plans on being on the water because you rather be safe than sorry.
Great Service End to End
I realize this forum is primarily for App feedback which I feel is solid. I would like to also use it as a forum to provide service feedback.
Having been a member since 2016 I recently used BoatUS for the first time. Thankfully not in an emergency situation. It went smoothly from end to end across several logistical variables.
Due to water ingestion in my port transmission I reached out to BoatUS for a dock to dock tow. It was a 24NM tow.
I contacted BoatUS via the app. Received human contact within 3 rings. (Gold Star). Phone agent was well trained and with just a few questions had me scheduled with my local BoatUS POC Captain Norm. Captain Norm contacted me with 20 mins of my initial call to confirm time/date and boat info. (Gold Star).
Capt Norm arrived exactly on time as scheduled. (Gold Star). As the total distance crossed two Ops Areas we were passed to another TowBoatUS Captain (Terry?) with local repor and contact with my destination ship yard. He put us right on the Haul Out dock.
Well done to all BoatUS!
Palm Coast, FL
We Love This Company
We’ve had them since 2016. They helped us once with a tow when we had an electrical issue, and a battery charge when I did something stupid (aka learning experience). Those two calls more than made up for the premiums. Even if we hadn’t used them, we save more than the premiums on fuel and marina discounts.
This is a great app that tracks weather, tides, small craft advisories and hurricanes. If you hit the “request a tow” button your gps pops up on the dispatcher’s screen. Every captain we’ve dealt with has been great - this service is a must for every boater.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Boat America Corporation
- 79.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022 BoatUS