** Note: This is the free Lite version of Bonsai Album. The Lite version is almost identical to the full version, but only allows you to store up to 3 bonsai, 3 pots, and 3 log entries with 3 photos each. It also includes database backup and export over WiFi (but not restore/import), allowing easy upgrade to the full version. The full version has no such limitations. **
Bonsai Album makes keeping track of your Bonsai or Penjing collection easy. Track development of your trees throughout their lives, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch!
Whether you're new to Bonsai, a collector, or a dealer, Bonsai Album is the ideal tool for organizing your trees, pots, and notes.
Here's what you can do with Bonsai Album:
- Record details about your trees, including age, source, style, species, and dimensions.
- Select from over 200 species names (with common and botanical names), or add new species.
- Store pot details, along with photos.
- Track styling, fertilizing, and other events for every tree and pot in dated log entries.
- Create and edit log entry reminders linked to your calendar.
- Add up to 3 photos per tree, pot and log entry.
- Add text captions for each photo.
- Select photos to appear on the main thumbnail display for each tree or pot.
- Scroll through photos in a full-screen gallery view, or in thumbnail form.
- View your bonsai and pot collections in table form, or by image.
- View the log history for each tree or pot, sorted by date.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Protect your data with a passcode lock.
- iOS4 multitasking and Retina graphics support.
- Database backup and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser.
- CSV format support to export your Bonsai Album database to desktop spreadsheet applications.
- Bonsai Report export feature. View your bonsai and pot collection on your computer’s web browser. Great for keeping track of your collection for inventory or insurance purposes.
- iPad support at no extra charge!
Please note that Bonsai Album does not come preloaded with any photos, nor does it include any bonsai care information and so forth. It only tracks information and displays photos you’ve added yourself.
Please visit http://BonsaiAlbum.com for more information about Bonsai Album, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Bonsai Album with other fans.
- Improved iOS 13 support.
- Added support for new devices.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a wonderful way to keep my Bonsai catalogued with detail and photos. Whether you want to keep just a little data or a lot of data per tree and pot, the fields are there for you. I especially love adding photos so I can go back and see (and show off!) the progress I have made with my trees. And with AirDrop, I can easily transfer the database between my iPad and iPhone so they both are up to date.
I started with this Lite Version, then quickly purchased the full version so I could add more trees. You can even transfer your database from the Lite Version to the full version without losing the data you have entered.
I love it when the developer gives an opportunity to try an app before purchasing it. Wish more developers would.
Wow this is Amazing
This app is great for keeping track of your bonsai and pots and is a great app for keeping note of when you trimmed or fertilize your tree. Overall this app is great for bonsai enthusiasts with overwhelming number of bonsais.
Good but limited
This is a nice app, but is very limited. 3 trees just doesn't cut it with most people who want to use this app for what it's meant to be. The paid version is way too much money, but would be very helpful if it were more reasonably priced.
- Andrew Nicolle
- 8.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019 Andrew Nicolle
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.