Listen to your favorite DRM-free audiobooks with Bound.
Bound allows you to import audio files from various cloud services and play them back in a beautiful modern interface. Bound will automatically save your listening position so that you never lose your place.
Supported Audio File Types (DRM-free only): .mp3, .m4a, .m4b, .aac
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- Apple Files.
- Web Uploader for importing from your computer via WiFi.
- Move audio files between books.
- Change cover art.
- Sort based on author, title, recently added, and recently played.
- Rename title and author.
- Choose between a number of fun themes.
- Dark mode support.
- Automatically saves playback location as you progress through the book.
- Independently configure seek forward and seek backward times.
- Chapter support for audio files with embedded chapters (.m4a / .m4b / OverDrive .mp3).
- Change playback speed from 0.5X to 3.0X.
- Smart Rewind when returning to your book after a while.
- Sleep Timer with configurable time or at the end of a chapter.
- Manually bookmark locations that you want to return to.
- CarPlay support.
If you enjoy using Bound, please consider writing a review.
This version of Bound brings the following:
! Fixed bug when authenticating OneDrive via Microsoft Authenticator.
Version 2020.2 of Bound brought the following:
+ Improved cloud downloader.
+ Choose from a selection of icons.
! Fixed bug where app would crash when new theme was set.
! Fixed sleep timer visual bug.
! Fixed theming bug on playback modifiers screen.
If you like Bound, please write a review in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
iBooks has become a disaster, and I got this since it supports CarPlay. It works, but some notes:
* Cover Art appears in the app but not on the car’s CarPlay screen, instead it shows a default icon for the “currently playing” book. It seems much MUCH more stable than iBooks, but why use CarPlay if you’re not going to use the screen and show the cover art?
* Downloading from a network drive is wonderful, but after I download a book it drops me back out to the main directory listing, at the top. This makes me have to scroll all the way down to find where I was at again.
* When downloading from a network drive I wish I didn’t have to select all the files and could just select a directory. Whether it’s “yes, download Prisoner of Azkahban” or it’s “yes, download the entire “Harry Potter series, even if that means multiple subdirectories below this one”, being able to choose a directory instead of a file (or set of files) would make life much much easier
Great App! Don’t overlook Airdrop!
Don’t overlook Airdrop as a much superior way to load books into Bound.
For years I used iTunes sync to load AudioBooks onto my iPhone. This was fine because Apple allowed audiobooks to be stored on any drive. Lately, under Catalina you were forced to use the Mac Books app to store the audiobooks you want to install on the iOS device. This is horrible if you have even a new laptop since the SSD is quite small and your library is quite big so audiobooks fill up your whole ssd! So looking around you really need a BookPlayer that stores the books inside its data structure and not in the Books app on the Mac. This app fills the bill. In spite of the various ways you can install books, you should not overlook the AirDrop feature on Apple devices. It is way faster than samba or uploading and downloading from cloud storage. The only strange thing about it is that I have not found a way to get MP3 versions of books uploaded via AirDrop. M4B books work superbly. So, so far I have use the very inexpensive Audiobook Builder to convert the MP3 to M4B and all is well. I’ve used almost all available book readers over several years and this is simple but does everything important!
Killer Feature: Cloud Storage Integration
This app ticks all of the standard boxes for an audiobook app, bookmarking, variable playback speed, sleep timer, but the cloud storage integration is it's killer feature. I can offload my huge library of audiobooks from my phone to Google Drive and still keep access to my entire library at any time. Also, playback speed is more granular than what's standard in Apple's app or other audiobook apps (I prefer 1.3x speed better than 1.25 or 1.5x).
What's keeping it from being 5 stars? It really needs search & filtering capabilities in both the local audiobook library, but especially in the cloud storage. Trying to find the 3 files that make up a single book by scrolling through my entire library is less than ideal. I'd be happy to help write user stories, or join in UAT or external beta testing for these features.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Deadpan, LLC
- 47.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Deadpan, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.