Listen to your favorite DRM-free audiobooks with Bound.
Bound allows you to import audio files from various cloud services and play them back in a beautiful modern interface. Bound will automatically save your listening position so that you never lose your place.
Supported Audio File Types (DRM-free only): .mp3, .m4a, .m4b, .aac
- Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- Apple Files.
- Web Uploader for importing from your computer via WiFi.
- Move audio files between books.
- Change cover art.
- Sort based on author, title, recently added, and recently played.
- Rename title and author.
- Choose between a number of fun themes.
- Dark mode support.
- Automatically saves playback location as you progress through the book.
- Independently configure seek forward and seek backward times.
- Chapter support for audio files with embedded chapters (.m4a / .m4b / OverDrive .mp3).
- Change playback speed from 0.5X to 3.0X.
- Smart Rewind when returning to your book after a while.
- Sleep Timer with configurable time or at the end of a chapter.
- Manually bookmark locations that you want to return to.
- CarPlay support.
If you enjoy using Bound, please consider writing a review.
This version of Bound brings the following:
! Fixed bug where browsing Dropbox may not have shown all files in a folder.
! Updated Dropbox SDK.
! Removed Firebase Crashlytics crash reporting.
If you like Bound, please write a review in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
The best audiobook app on iPhone
I’ve been using this app for about three years now. Prior to this app I tried everything under the sun, from syncing books over via iTunes to a variety of other apps. This is the only app that lets me use the standard iOS document interface to load files, while offering a great audiobook listening experience. I also appreciate the tasteful design and nice features for managing things like cover images. If you have a reason to listen to any audio files in an audiobook style interface this is the app to use. (Don’t forget that your public library probably has tons of great audiobooks on CD! It’s easy to rip them and add them to this app!)
iBooks has become a disaster, and I got this since it supports CarPlay. It works, but some notes:
* Cover Art appears in the app but not on the car’s CarPlay screen, instead it shows a default icon for the “currently playing” book. It seems much MUCH more stable than iBooks, but why use CarPlay if you’re not going to use the screen and show the cover art?
* Downloading from a network drive is wonderful, but after I download a book it drops me back out to the main directory listing, at the top. This makes me have to scroll all the way down to find where I was at again.
* When downloading from a network drive I wish I didn’t have to select all the files and could just select a directory. Whether it’s “yes, download Prisoner of Azkahban” or it’s “yes, download the entire “Harry Potter series, even if that means multiple subdirectories below this one”, being able to choose a directory instead of a file (or set of files) would make life much much easier
Killer Feature: Cloud Storage Integration
This app ticks all of the standard boxes for an audiobook app, bookmarking, variable playback speed, sleep timer, but the cloud storage integration is it's killer feature. I can offload my huge library of audiobooks from my phone to Google Drive and still keep access to my entire library at any time. Also, playback speed is more granular than what's standard in Apple's app or other audiobook apps (I prefer 1.3x speed better than 1.25 or 1.5x).
What's keeping it from being 5 stars? It really needs search & filtering capabilities in both the local audiobook library, but especially in the cloud storage. Trying to find the 3 files that make up a single book by scrolling through my entire library is less than ideal. I'd be happy to help write user stories, or join in UAT or external beta testing for these features.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Deadpan, LLC
- 54.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Deadpan, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.