Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Some new advanced functions have been added (edit, fax send, fax preview, copy preview, machine status). For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device.
(Only available on new models.)
- Edit previewed images using the editing tools (scale, straighten, crop) if necessary.
- Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
(This app feature requires access to the address book of your mobile device.)
- View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
- The copy preview function enables you to preview an image and edit it if necessary before copying to avoid copy errors.
- View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Compatible functions will depend on the selected device.
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
* Google will discontinue Google Cloud Print on 1/1/2021: it is no longer supported.
* Support for new product models
* Minor fixes for improved functionality
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Its a good app but i cant count how many times my images i print out for my clients tattoos were either too big or too small not due to client but due to the fact for example ill want a 6in image i have to guess and hope for the best im using the PocketJet 773 airprint the app doesnt show a reality layout of the paper i wish the app had a ruler for width and length on bottom and one side for the actual measurements of paper so you can size and edit it accurately also app doesnt have a label to show which side is the top or bottom of sheet that leads to my next concern i don’t understand why we cant add multiple images in one sheet you gotta keep rerunning for each image and thats when the problem with which is up and down ive printed out a image over another image several times because ill forget which is top or bottom of layout a app update on that would be fantastic honestly
Horrendous compared to HPs App
I decided to update my printer from my 8+ year old HP work-horse to the brother INKvestment. The printer itself has superior printing/scanning features compared to my last printer, but I LOVED the HP app. I scan almost all of the paper documents in my home and print a lot for work. The HP app’s scan function is so awesome and I do it all on my phone. Even the interface on the old HP LCD screen on my prior printer was somewhat modern and very intuitive. Why is brother a) so outdated looking and b) so insanely complicated! Updating firmware was automated and easy with my HP and I’m still having issues getting my new brother to update it’s firmware. Sadly, the app and brother’s website for changing the printer’s features, is so awful, that I think I’ll be returning this, despite how awesome the hardware is. Why isn’t the website that controls how to edit printer features integrated into the app?! Why do I need to go into 2 different things to get settings changed? So disappointing. Great machine, but if I can’t use it simply and easily when I need it, what’s the point.
Doesn’t recognize printer
Well, it’s easy for me to figure out how to set it up manually since it won’t recognize my printer in the first place. Neither in the same network, nor with this app. If you have people coming to this place to download the app. And have only one wish.... FIND MY PRINTER WITHIN THE SAME NETWORK.... and what’s happening? It can’t find it, that’s why we came here for. We are no computer tec.
1. So now I have to find out in the settings of the printer itself what’s the IP address is of my printer. Nobody tells you this, when you download the App. Ok, I’m on my printer located the error button until machine info comes up,pressed ok, print settings , hit ok again searching for IP ADdRESS type this in the iprint app by manual and finally it finds the printer. I like to ask the developer of this app. HOW ON EARTH does a normal person could know all this? Thank you guys for reading this. It was just a prospective from a nobody who like to have an easygoing life.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Brother Industries, LTD.
- 36.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.