Tired of living payday to payday? Can't get out of debt? Try a better way to manage your bank account(s). Budget is based on the tried and true envelope method of budgeting. It's a much easier way to see where your money is, where it's needed, and where it went.
Budget can be used stand alone or synced with Budget Touch on iOS devices. When used together Budget and Budget Touch are an unbeatable combination to help you manage your money, stay out of debt, and save for the fun things in life.
- Set a password to protect your financial data with industry standard AES-128 encryption.
- Fast transaction entry: Select from a list of previous entries or type a new entry, enter an amount, and click Record. It's that simple.
- Transaction support for deposits, checks, debits, ATM, charges, refunds, and credit card payments.
- Create transactions in single envelopes or split them between multiple envelopes.
- Enter your income to a single envelope or use the split deposit to manually distribute it.
- Transfer money between envelopes or accounts.
- Import OFX or QIF files from your bank for even less data entry; set up rules to help assign imported transactions to the correct envelope.
- Create as many bank accounts, credit card accounts, envelopes and envelope groups as you want to categorize your expenses.
- Customize your accounts and envelopes with built in icons.
- Set spending limits for your envelopes and see graphically how you are doing.
- See account balances, envelope balances, net balances, and a running balance with your transactions.
- Bank accounts can be reconciled (balanced) against bank statements.
- Get graphs and reports for expenses, deposits, budgets, and many more.
- Export your data in either tab-separated, QIF or OFX format.
- Export reports in plain text or PDF format.
- Define your income and have Budget calculate how much to put towards each envelope.
- Automatically distribute your income to your envelopes.
- If needed, prioritize and distribute deposits to envelopes using a powerful rule based system.
- iCal and Address Book integration.
US English, British English, partial Spanish, French, German, Italian and Polish translations
It's bug fix time:
- main window transaction list can be sorted once again by clicking the column headers
- fixed a crash during sync or saving a file
- no longer write bad data to XML files when copy/pasting text into transaction fields
- fixed a bug when printing some reports
Ratings and Reviews
Saved Our Household Budget
The envelope method is nothing new, but this app perfects it. I started using Budget about 4 years ago, and it has literally saved us so much. No longer are we sitting at the end of the month wondering where all of our earnings went. No longer are we struggling to come up with money for those annual payments. Budgets allows us to plan for everything, even saving! I do with they would continue to update this product, and there are a few minor bugs when using across platforms. Well worth the money. You won’t regret it.
Very reliable, syncs with iPhone, simple to use
I’ve been using this app on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 6 for years now. I can record debits on the iPhone as I make purchases, then sync with my laptop once every week or so. Then I use the app on the laptop to balance the bank accounts once a month, then sync it back to the iPhone. I love the envelope system, that way I can make sure the funds are where they need to be to cover monthly, quarterly, and other bills. Just figure out how much to deposit in each envelope each pay to meet the bill when it is due. If your pay is always exactly the same (mine isn’t) you can set it up so the right amount is automatically deposited in each envelope. I usually tell the app manually how much I want in each envelope, though. There is also an “available” envelope, where any unused funds go for use as needed. Keeps track of your savings, too! There is a lot more functionality available in this app than I need or use, but my finances aren’t too complicated so I don’t need to use the additional functions. The flexibility is there, though, for those who need them. Great App!! I recommend it!
Works great for me.
I’ve been using this application for almost 10 years now? It’s essential to my understanding of what is going on with my money. Once a month I sit down, balance all my accounts and can make decisions about payements and budeting to the penny and ultimately gain a great deal of confidence out of understanding what is where. Because of this I don’t rally think of my accounts or money during the rest of the month which is a huge releif honestly. My suggestion if you are starting out with the Envelope Method, I recall it taking a few months to really get the hang of things but I have not regretted it.
- Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
- 12.1 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.