- Couple of fixes for future versions of iOS.
- Some under the hood optimizations for performance.
- Shopgrid URL no longer drops when editing or creating an update.
- Fixed the presentation of images on other versions of iOS
- Fixed peeking and popping content presentation in other versions of iOS
- Fixed Shop Grid URL Learn More option within Composer.
- Authentication errors are once again more useful.
- Added Hashtag Manager support when populating Instagram First Comment within the Composer.
- Added Hashtag counter when composing to Instagram.
- Added Hashtag autocomplete to the Instagram First Comment toolbar.
- When composing Instagram posts we'll now only show Instagram Direct fields after adding media that meets the Instagram Direct Publishing requirements.
- Added ability to set Shop Grid URL links to posts.
- Added option to preview your Shop Grid and copy your shopgr.id URL in Settings.
- Composer will now check if the attached link has any images to attach before showing "or link" in Add photos or video button.
- Fixed a bug where attaching media from URL wouldn't show as valid for Instagram Direct Scheduling and would suggest the post was going to be a reminder.
- Repins are now known as Saves.
- Updated authentication screens, adds validation for Password Rules.
- Improved keyboard presentation within the Composer, will present alongside composer views and use the dark keyboard when using a dark appearance.
- Added an empty view to the Composer Location Selector.
Ratings and Reviews
Great UI, very intuitive
The entire UI is pleasant and easy to use, but I have to say one of the great perks is the ability to schedule posts I create using Pablo through Buffer, and the “Buffer it” link that appears when you hover over photos in your browser! Not to mention the great functionality and UI for the iPhone app.
It’s easy to see what posts you have scheduled, and that’s in the free version (which does not offer a calendar view). Since I work with a non-profit organization, it was imperative that I keep any social media costs down, and other social media management tools no longer offer a free version and if they do the functionality is basically useless.
Thanks, Buffer, for making my life easier!
Best social media manager, once you can get all of your accounts added. At 20+ accounts it had proved to be a daunting task. Suggestions for improvement: include analyze with pro plan. We pay over $1,000 per year for the pro plan. We could easily just have a few of us spend $150 for a single pro plan and add analyze to it. We forked over the money not realizing that this was not an included feature. Another improvement would be time slot suggestions based off of real time analytics. The twitter extensions for best times is great, wish that was the same for all pages. I think Buffer has a long way to go, but I am totally team Buffer. I converted my team to Buffer this past month. Hoping that our CEO will continue to see value in the product. Please consider giving analyze services to pro plan members and small business members (included with the subscription). Also, it would be helpful to break down by brand. Example: group A for brand A with all accounts, Group B with brand B with all accounts, etc.
Updated Review April 2018: I had some decent success with Buffer last year and it was the first social app like I used. It wasn’t till now I realized Google is locked. I never got it to work with Instagram. And the main reason I used it was it linked well to LinkedIn. Despite having some months of issues with connection, it’s a nice feature. But with only 3 accounts allowed, I don’t see the difference between this free app vs Ripl or Everypost. Keep in mind I spend over 10k using industry specific listing sites, Google, and marketing social media tools. It’s kind of a let down until I got some real data sources backing up the pro price. Is there still an awesome plan?
This app has done a pretty good job of sharing posts after using it for a year. Only downfall is the recent problems with linking to LinkedIn company pages. The link doesn't work anymore unless I start back over as personal. Hopefully that will be fixed soon! Note: would be nice to have Pinterest for free and better posting method to Instagram than just a reminder.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the feedback. Would you be up for emailing firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your LinkedIn issue, we'd love to get that fixed up.
We hope we can bring improvements to Instagram in the future if they open up their API to allow for publishing. :)
- Buffer, Inc.
- 63.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Buffer, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro for 1 Month $14.99
- Pro for 1 Year $144.99
- Small Business $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.