Buoycast provides NOAA marine forecasts and real-time observations from NDBC buoy stations.
• Easy access to the closest buoy station and marine forecast
• Save favorite stations
• View real-time weather data from over 500 buoy stations
• View NOAA marine forecasts for over 300 forecast zones
• View local NOAA warnings, alerts, and advisories
• Current and hourly forecast in the Buoycast feed
• Sharable forecasts
• iPad support
• Buoycast Pro subscription
• Search buoy stations by name or ID
• Sort stations by distance or alphabetically
• Select stations via a map
• Wind speed, wind gust, and wind direction
• Wave height, wave period, wave direction
• Air and water temperature
• Sunrise and sunset
• Atmospheric pressure
• NOAA marine forecast
• NOAA warnings, alerts, and advisories
Buoycast Pro includes:
• Animated Radar
• Custom tide stations for each buoy
• Custom weather station for each buoy
• Custom forecast zone for each buoy
• Rearrange and hide sections from the Buoycast feed
• View past and future tide predictions
• Push notifications for NOAA alerts and advisories within marine forecast zones
• iCloud sync for favorite stations, custom tide stations, custom weather stations, and app settings
• Ad free experience
Please send feedback and recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments are made via your iTunes account and will auto-renew within 24hrs of expiration. You can manage this in Account Settings. Turn off auto-renew at least 24hrs before expiration to let Buoycast Pro lapse.
Terms of service: https://michaelmahon.net/buoycast/terms-of-service
• Big improvements to iCloud syncing for Buoycast Pro subscribers
• Sort station list by distance from the currently selected station
• Fixed an issue where a custom tide station or forecast zone would not update until the feed was refreshed
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App for Keeping My House Battened
I live on a peninsula at the confluence of multiple straits and the winds can be strong and come from any direction. This app allows me to check the forecast based on the closest buoy and even better, get notifications of wind advisories. This allows me and my family to make sure windows are closed and outdoor furniture is secure before the wind hits.
NOAA Your nearest marine forecast is so easy!
I don't have to go topside and turn on weather channel or fire up PC or TV... I just open this app and my nearshore weather and forecast is there and in a very pleasing format. I love it! This is the same data I can get elsewhere but quicker and prettier!
Even though I have location services on it cannot determine my location and only provides sites along the Texas Coast. I’m on the Mississippi Gulf Coast but the buoys I want are not even on the list. How do I remove buoys from the list?
Developer Response ,
Hi Greg, I am very sorry you are having trouble with the buoy list. When Buoycast cannot access your location it defaults to an alphabetically sorted station list. Please check your iPhone’s settings to ensure you have enabled “While Using” location access for the app. You can find this in Settings -> Buoycast -> Location, then select “While Using the App”. Once location access is granted the app will open to the closest station to your location and order the buoy list by distance from your location. If you would like the app to open to the last viewed station (regardless of location access) you can set the Station to Show First setting in the app to “Last”.
I also replied to your email with more information, please let me know if you continue to have trouble with the station list so we can resolve the issue. Thanks, Mike
- Michael Mahon
- 72.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Michael Mahon
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Buoycast Pro $9.99
- Buoycast Pro Upgrade $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.