Burstio converts burst photos taken with the built-in Camera app into videos or GIFs.
Featured on Lifehacker, CNET, Product Hunt and other websites.
IMPORTANT: Compatible devices are iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air 2 and later.
• Play a burst sequence as a regular video
• Trim the burst sequence to preferred frames
• Set playback speed — slow down or increase the frame rate (0.25–3.0x)
• Set playback direction — forward, reversed, back and forth
• Export as video or GIF to your Photo Library
• Share with friends or just keep it
• Video resolution: Full HD (1080p) or HD (720p) without cropping (adjusted width)
• Video format: QuickTime (.mov)
• GIF resolution: Large (640p) or Small (320p)
• Audio is not included with burst photos
• Requires burst photos stored in your Camera Roll
"A picture is worth a thousand words – a burst can tell a story behind."
• Playback speed completely redesigned
• Sharing GIF to Twitter or Messenger works as you would expect it
• Latest export is stored in iTunes File Sharing
More delightful experience:
• Less vertical spacing between list rows
• Repeat option turned on by default
• Continue listening to music without interruption while you preview exported video
• Familiar video length format and file size information
• Animation, layout and performance enhancements
Love or hate? Every review counts.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to your App Store review. If you have an issue with the app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use
After using 2 other burst apps, this app was a breath of fresh air ... The other app either crashed or the interface was horrible ... This app was simple to use ... Highly recommended ... A few features for updates that the other apps had was export at full image res (not really a necessity but would allow for cropping without loss of res), deselect specific frames, and I haven't seen this implemented yet but it'd be cool to be able to select a portion to yoyo instead of yoyoing the entire burst ... Still a great app because it works and is easy to use ... Thank you!
Way too much fun
Burstio makes it too easy to spend hours trying different speeds and directions to make gifs and movies for Instagram and my friends. If I had one wish it would be to be able to create from manually added frames (sometimes one or two of the frames from a burst is too blurry or misfired) but I love it as it is!
I figured somebody had to have created an app for this already, and it was the first one that popped up and I'm so glad it was! It's perfect. It's simple, it works, and gives multiple options for export. I now have a brand-new tool and a reason for taking burst photos.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.