* NEW: Day view now displays an attached graphic on all days of a multi-day event
* NEW: New Appearance option to display attached graphics on all days of a multi-day event / banner
* NEW: Advanced setting added to preferences to turn off automatic conversion between GMT to Local timezone during sync
* Fixes an issue where deleting an occurence of a recurring meeting, imported directly from mail, would result in deleting the whole series
* Duplicating a detached instance of a recurring event into a normal event is now possible without duplicating the whole series of repeating events
* Duplicating recurring events will now prompt if you'd like to duplicate the selected event or future repeating events
* Added support for CalDAV servers that omit sending calendar descriptions at times
* Improved detection of changes from subscribed calendars that don't update modification times
* Fixed "last modified by" name parsing to work with recent iCloud changes
* Fixed initial discovery issues for OVH Exchange servers
* Fixed an issue where certain preferences would not stick when switching between Smart Filters
* Fixed a bug where turning off time display would show times for events on non-local timezones
* Event-search related optimizations for contacts with company names
* Ongoing stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It is far superior to Apple Candle! Love the color coding options, the coordinating todo options, the flexibility of the users choice to show this or that list and not show another. Very well planned, maintained, and a long time standard for me on my macbook pro! I've tried others..... none compare.
Only addition I'd like to see is a user "NOTES" page along side of (or 1 click away ) where a user can write long details of the day, events, add pictures or files attached to the date but on a separate full page per day. It would function somewhat like where they allow you to put "notes" at the end of each event, journal, banner, todo, or timed todo, but would provide you a dedicated space for each day (although you wouldn't have to write on each day .....so just a daily template available you could click to bring up) where you put other things happening that won't fit on the little squares of monthly calendar boxes. BTW I know you can type on the daily page, but it' s not geared to journaling or recording events and the details or adding pictures, files or memories for the day.
Overall, I'd give them 10 stars for the functionality, reliability, fast email customer service requests, color coding, syncing !!! PERFECT SYNCING!! and the daily view which I find very helpful...like a timeline. Keep up the good work guys!
Favorite calendar app for Mac
I really like BusyCal! Especially the drop-down interface for the menu bar. It’s very handy to see a concise graphical representation of the month and the upcoming events and meetings.
My favorite part is the graphical design of the app. It looks really nice. I was for a time torn between BusyCal and Fantasitcal, however I am glad I decided to stay with BusyCal. I do use Fantastical on my iOS devices, however. I do like those apps. They just seem to quickly grow old since I feel like I am looking at the same thing every day whereas with BusiCal - it seems to be changing and changeable. Like life.
I also broke down and bought BusyContacts. Although I do like that app, I would never be happy until I had both apps paired together. Maybe you will like it as much as I do?
This is the calendar for the visually inclined
Oh, goodness, so much happiness to find a calendar that makes for a very visual experience. Want to see scroilling weeks instead of one month at a time? No problem! Want a handy pop up to tell you what month you're in while scrolling? Also, no problem! So many thoughtful little gems make this a great experience.
It also is made for those who have to juggle calendars from several sources, including google. This app understands that if a calendar is *shared* with you, you will probably want to *see* it as part of your list. This is the only app I could find that accomplished that without jumping through hoops or trudging through pages of settings.
- Busy Apps FZE
- 23 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- 2019 © Busy Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.