BusyCal is a powerful, flexible calendar app for managing busy schedules, events and to dos.
BusyCal's unique features include customizable calendar views, integrated to dos, meeting scheduling, travel time, maps integration, natural language input, tags, alarms, search, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, graphics and more.
BusyCal provides reliable support for iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, and other CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync and share calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
BusyCal for iOS is a full-featured mobile companion to BusyCal for Mac, the leading calendar solution for Mac OS X that thousands of users have trusted and depended on for years.
• Display your calendar by Month, Week, Day or List.
• Pinch and zoom to control the number of weeks shown per month, and days shown per week.
• Customize the calendar appearance including calendar colors, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, event times, week numbers and more.
• Create events manually or automatically using natural language.
• Choose from a wid range of attributes to display when viewing or editing events including travel time, time zones, attendees, contacts, tags, maps, last edit time, and more.
• Add tags to events to track projects and important events.
• To Dos are displayed directly in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
• To Dos can be undated, or scheduled to occur on a specific date or time.
• To Dos can be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
• To Dos can be sorted and filtered by date, priority, calendar or title.
• To Dos are compatible and sync with the Reminders app on Mac and iOS.
Travel Time, Locations and Maps
• Supports Location Services for adding locations to events.
• Supports both Apple Maps and Google Maps for driving directions.
• Travel time allows you to block out time to travel to an appointment.
• Alarms can warn you in advance of travel time when it's time to leave.
• Display Birthdays and Anniversaries, including birthday age and anniversary number.
• Display a live 10-day weather forecast.
• Display phases of the moon.
• Display graphics created in BusyCal for Mac.
Sync and Share calendars
• Sync and share calendars with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, Fruux, Yahoo, Kerio, Zimbra, OS X Server, SabreDAV and other CalDAV servers.
• Sync with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
• Receive Inbox notifications of meetings and changes to events on shared calendars.
• Search your calendar for past and future events and to dos.
• Set default settings for events, to dos and alarms.
* Improvements to time-ranged calendar syncing with iCloud. Default sync range has changed to "1 year back".
* Added support for dynamic font sizes to the location picker
* Ongoing stability improvements
* Performance improvements to background sync
* New setting for showing completed To Dos on original due date vs. completed date
* Notes containing HTML are now rendered as such, including rich text and hyperlinks
* List / Day / Week views now show an alarm icon for events with alarms
* Improved processing of CalDAV meeting invites for shared calendars
* Improved connectivity for Synology CalDAV servers
* Improved connectivity for custom Exchange accounts
* Improved weather data retrieval
* Improved "sync at launch" for accounts with Push sync enabled
* Improvements to notifications
* Improved discovery of shared calendars on Exchange
* Improved connectivity for Synology CalDAV servers
* Added support for password AutoFill when adding a new account
* Fixed icon reflecting Organisers attendance in meeting invites
* Fixed a bug where alarms wouldn’t add for an all day event on Exchange
Ratings and Reviews
Great Start BUT
I love this app, but its main weakness lies in its dependence on an exterior app. While you can create to do’s in app and rearrange in there, I find it easier to use the reminders app and have it automatically inputted. The problem is that both BusyCal and Reminders are clunky in reordering or prioritizing to do’s. I see that the developers are working on more 3rd party compatibility and I really hope that they will partner with Sorted. Sorted streamlines the organizational aspect of to do’s in a far superior way to either BusyCal or Reminders, but BusyCal arranges those to do’s in a visual way that is far superior, and most importantly, harder to ignore way. These two apps should join forces and become the power couple to power productivity.
A little quirky but thoughtful & useful
Things I love:
- easy to duplicate and manipulate events
- the way to-dos (Reminders) integrate with the calendar itself (didn’t Apple Calendar formerly work like that?). This is incredibly useful to me because I need to see a spatially organized view of my day or week (not a uniform list) but I also like to have my to-dos in the same app, visually distinct but right there. Hard to explain but no other calendar app seems to be able to do this.
- how customizable the various views and defaults are
- the Mac app, though expensive, is quite nice too
Things that could be improved:
- on iPhone especially, and especially in portrait position, the vertical list of times along the left side takes up too much space
- odd that I have to use app-specific passwords to sync my calendars with this app, whereas other 3rd-party calendar apps are fine just asking me for permission to access them. But it’s ok because I haven’t found any other 3rd-party calendar app that I’d care to use.
A bug I noticed:
-sometimes when you long press to drag an event, you get an error saying it can’t be dragged; some nonsense like “scroll to the start of the event and long press again.” Huh? Tapping somewhere else and then trying again seems to make it work.
Wow, great app!
First of all I really liked the app right off the bat from the description and pictures but all the bad reviews made me skeptical. Second, I am not coming from using the Mac version, I started fresh on the iOS first. I am picky on which apps I use and while I liked fantastical and calendars by readdle for functionality, I didn’t like the overlay or look of either.
Having used BusyCal I think it has more functionality than the other leading calendar apps, and I haven’t had any issues in terms of stability. This Calendar is powerful and works very well, is highly customizable, and I love the look as well.
My favorite part is the to-do integration and how it allows you to filter and sort your to-do’s: a lot of options here!
I hope this app gets more positive feedback as I believe it deserves it. Keep up the good work devs!
- Busy Apps FZE
- 27.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2016 - 2019 Busy Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.