The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a federally-funded health and nutrition program.
WIC provides families with:
- Information about nutrition and a healthy lifestyle to support you and your family
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby
- Help in finding health care and other valuable community services
- Healthy foods from WIC approved grocery stores such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and much more.
Participants must meet income guidelines and be:
- A pregnant woman
- A woman breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- A woman who had a baby in the past 6 months
- Have an infant(s) up to their first birthday
- Have a child(ren) up to their fifth birthday
In California, 83 WIC agencies provide services locally to about 1.16 million participants each month at over 600 sites throughout the state. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, WIC is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
The California WIC App will give WIC participants the opportunity to view upcoming appointments, view food benefits that have been issued to them in the clinic, scan UPCs while shopping at the store to see if the UPC is a WIC Approved item or not, and provide information on locations of WIC Stores and WIC Clinics across the State of California. The goal of the California WIC App is to give participants all the information they need at their fingertips to make their shopping experience fun and easy.
- Fix to loading and screen issues in Benefits screen
- Fix to bad scans in UPC scanning
- Fix to Camera focus for barcode scanning
- Overall app improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot register because birthdate format not accepted
It’s the most frustrating experience to register on the app. We registered on website and it was smooth. But while registering on app it was never ending. It is still not working. After entering all the information at the register page, the ERROR message will keep popping that ERROR - Enter birthdate in mm/dd/yyyy format. While clicking on that tab it automatically opens the default iPhone app selection of day, month and year. Even after selection of the correct date it just keeps popping the ERROR message. There is nothing a user can do. It’s an app flaw. Cannot register and cannot use it. Useless app!
This app is AMAZING! I have had to get WIC the good ol’ fashioned way and use WIC checks and walk around with their booklet trying to figure out what items I can and can’t get, if the price was ok for the voucher amount, and have to get everything that’s listed on one check even if you don’t need all of those particular items at this time.
I cannot explain how great full I was this time around when I got a card and an APP it makes it much simpler and more importantly you don’t have to be humiliated like before when you held up the line with your WIC check because something always seemed to be wrong.
So blessed by your help!
It has been such a huge help to have Wic one day soon I hope to start working and get myself on my feet but now with two kids this is such a blessing to be able to count on this income monthly! We are (me husband and kids) are forever grateful for this amazing service to the community. Your love and passion is amazing. God repay you for all you do to help us get back on our feet after this season of raising a family and being a stay at home mom. Couldn’t do it without you!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The California Department Of Public Health
- 91.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © California Department of Public Health