The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a federally-funded health and nutrition program.
WIC provides families with:
- Information about nutrition and a healthy lifestyle to support you and your family
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby
- Help in finding health care and other valuable community services
- Healthy foods from WIC approved grocery stores such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and much more.
Participants must meet income guidelines and be:
- A pregnant woman
- A woman breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- A woman who had a baby in the past 6 months
- Have an infant(s) up to their first birthday
- Have a child(ren) up to their fifth birthday
In California, 83 WIC agencies provide services locally to about 1.16 million participants each month at over 600 sites throughout the state. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, WIC is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
The California WIC App will give WIC participants the opportunity to view upcoming appointments, view food benefits that have been issued to them in the clinic, scan UPCs while shopping at the store to see if the UPC is a WIC Approved item or not, and provide information on locations of WIC Stores and WIC Clinics across the State of California. The goal of the California WIC App is to give participants all the information they need at their fingertips to make their shopping experience fun and easy.
- Bug fixes
- New content graphics
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice, New & Easy
Great to keep track of what is left to get. There are a few things can be improve. 1. (Login) Even though the information and password was kept in record it should be login once clicked in or use face recognition. 2. (UPC Scan) once it scans an item it doesn’t have a bottom to go back or cancel. Overall, the app is great!
Where has this been all my life
I love this app so far it’s extremely convenient and very helpful I hated using the paper checks for wic , it was so confusing with the app it gives a lot of helpful hints on what to buy and how to buy it
Can’t log in
It was working fine for the first few days I had it and I’m 100% positive my password and email are correct and I can’t log in. I tried to reset the password and it tells me “Failure” change password is failed, please try again. So I try again! And nothing. Same message. I don’t know what to do !
- The California Department Of Public Health
- 98 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © California Department of Public Health
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.