Virtuagym Food: Helping you to live healthy and feel great. Get a free personalized nutrition plan by answering a few questions about your lifestyle and goals. We support plans for many goals: weight loss, maintaining weight, weight gain and building muscle. Eat what you want, but keep an eye on those calories, carbs and fats!
* Food Database Validated by Expert Nutritionists
* Add your own foods
* Save meals and add them instantly next time
* Nutrition tracking for several goals (e.g. weight loss & muscle building)
* More than a calorie counter: keep an eye on those carbs, proteins and fats as well
* Integrated with Virtuagym Fitness for home & gym workouts
* Health app integration: Sync workouts from other apps, and save your eaten calories, carbs, proteins and fat in the Health app, so other apps can use this data
WHY VIRTUAGYM IS THE BEST
- Many other nutrition apps or calorie counters don’t have a lot of knowledge about fitness. Therefore, mistakes are being made with calorie tracking. Our apps are made in cooperation with fitness professionals and expert nutritionists, making Virtuagym the most accurate app on the market.
- It’s not a regular calorie counter. We count everything: carbs, proteins and fats, allowing you to use Virtuagym food for other goals than weight loss, like gaining weight and muscle building.
- We were one of the first apps in the Health and Fitness category and over the last few years we have been featured in the Health and Fitness category in several countries.
VALIDATED FOOD DATABASE
Our food database is linked to several official food databases. These food databases are updated on a regular basis. The foods on this list have been validated by expert nutritionists.
FOR A VARIETY OF GOALS:
- Weight loss: focus on those calories to lose weight. Combine our calorie counter with exercising with Virtuagym Fitness and reach your goals!
- Maintaining weight: find the diet plan that’s right for you. You’ll get a balanced diet plan, with enough calories, carbs, proteins and fats.
- Gain weight: eat, eat, eat. Find out which foods help you to reach your goals.
- Building muscle: you’ll need protein. Lots of protein. Use our protein counter to see which foods are best for you.
DIFFERENT DIET PLANS:
We have diet plans for multiple goals. You can select your own diet plan (low carb, high protein, low calorie, whatever you want), and we provide you with your personal diet plan. Virtuagym Food comes with several diet plans:
- High Protein Diet
- Low Carb Diet
- Muscle Building Diet
- After Weight Loss Diet
- Custom: select your own percentages of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Another good thing about Virtuagym Food is that it can be used by vegetarians as well. You can eat whatever you want. Just keep an eye on the nutrients. So if you are vegetarian, just create your own vegetarian diet plan!
FULLY INTEGRATED WITH VIRTUAGYM FITNESS
- One account, access to everything you need
- Complete Workouts
- 3D-animated exercises
- Written exercise instructions
- Progress tracking: over 30 values available
Please rate us 5 stars, so we can keep improving it :) We’re continuously working on new features and we continuously add new 3D-animated exercises. If you have any suggestions, let us know. If you want to stay updated, get useful fitness tips or if you need motivation: follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
To unlock the full app you can subscribe to our PRO membership. The monthly subscription will automatically renew and your iTunes account will be charged within 24 hours prior to renewal for the same amount as your current monthly subscription fee, if the auto-renew option is not turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To manage your subscription or turn off auto-renewal, simply go to your Account Settings after purchase
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have been trying to gain weight after losing so much after high school between being super active and working in healthcare which is extremely fast paced. So far this app has been wonderful you just input your information and goal whether you want to gain or lose weight, it gives you the amount of time it will take if you reach you total calorie goal and you can scan barcodes on items you eat throughout the day which is super convenient rather than reading the label. I HIGHLY recommend this app for anyone looking to be healthy and happy this 2020 !
Really like it
This is the first time I have ever counted my calories. As much as I like what this app does I am a bit frustrated at the inaccuracies between their database and actual food labels. I also wish there was an option to create a plan based on calorie consumption rather than weight, timeline etc, determining how many calories to eat.m, even if not for the sake of making small adjustments. Also having other measurement options for certain foods would be helpful. I know that 3 thin slices of salami may not register on the food scale but I also know they are not 0 calories either. It would also be more helpful if we could edit in a simpler manner. Each feature is something you have to dig for and figure out the hard way. The features could be much simpler to follow, but when considering the purpose of the app, the way I can move my meals or snacks from day to day and seeing my daily progress, I really do like it!
There are better apps out there
This app is fine. It works. It counts calories but it’s frustrating to use in many ways:
1. You can’t delete entered into the diary. If you accidentally enter the wrong food or the incorrect amount, you can’t delete it. This throws off your calorie count.
2. The data base is lacking. This wouldn’t bother me if the app didn’t make me search the data base before creating my own entry for a food.
3. The entities that are in the data base are often incomplete. I like to track nutrients other than calories, fats, and proteins like iron, calcium, potassium, etc. It seems like all the entries are incomplete and I have to make my own entry if I want to track those.
4. Lack of a recipe feature. Most other apps allow you to create a recipe, including how many portions a recipe makes. This makes it easy for people who meal prep since you can save a recipe and quickly add it whenever.
5. The app gives you a macronutrient plan to follow but doesn’t give you a way to see how you’re doing each day. I’d like to know how many grams of carbs, proteins, and fats I have left so I can plan my next meal, but that feature is either hidden or nonexistent.
As someone who paid for the meal plan and workout plan, this nutrition app is definitely not worth using. The only reason I am considering keeping it is because of its connectivity to the modern fit app, which I paid a membership fee for.
- DIGIFiT BV
- 37.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Virtuagym.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Membership for 4 weeks $6.99
- PRO Subscription for 1 Month $9.49
- Pro Membership for 1 year $33.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.