Canon Digital Photo Professional Express (Canon DPP Express) is an app for processing RAW images (.CR3) taken with Canon cameras.
- Adjust RAW images freely.
- Quickly and easily adjust RAW images anywhere, any time.
- Save multiple adjustment patterns and compare the results on a single RAW image.
- Use the change history function to readjust images until you achieve the perfect result.
- Save adjusted images to your Camera Roll in JPEG format.
RAW(CR3(Except RAW burst images)), JPEG
* Not compatible with .CR2, .CRW or video file formats.
Via Camera Connect (RAW(CR3), JPEG)
From your Camera Roll (RAW(CR3), JPEG)
* Image data is saved in the app. In addtion, devices with iOS 12.1 and later can import CR3 files from the Camera Roll.
*RAW burst files cannot be imported to smart devices. Extract the CR3 images from the RAW burst file in advance on the camera side, and then import them to the smart device.
[Compatible Camera Models]
EOS 90D, EOS M6 Mark II, PowerShot G5X Mark II, PowerShot G7X Mark III, EOS REBEL SL3/EOS 250D, EOS RP, EOS R, EOS M50, PowerShot SX70 HS
iPad Pro / iPad Air 2 , iPad Air (3rd generation) /iPad (5th generation or newer) / iPad mini 4, iPad mini (5th generation)
* iPads with 2 GB of RAM or more, and iOS 11 / 12.
iOS 11.4 / 12.3
- If you uninstall the app, all image data imported from your camera will be erased.
- If application does not operate properly, try again after shutting down the application.
- Visit your local Canon Web pages for more details.
Added support for new Canon cameras
Ratings and Reviews
Really disappointing output...
Overlooking the fact this app does not support CR2 raws (I have an EOS R), the image quality that you get from processing CR3 RAW files in the app is pretty ugly. Equally as disappointing is how slow it functions. Granted, I’m “only” using a first generation iPad pro 12.9”, but every other RAW editor on this device flys.
It might be worth keeping around when I need to get a RAW file off my EOS R wirelessly, but on top of the dog performance and crap output, you can’t even export RAW files to use in another app.
Canon DPP express
I have two third generation iPad pros, 12.9" with 256 gig and 11" with 512 gig of storage. When I tried to import photos taken with a Canon RP, succeeded on the 12.9 but failed on the 11". The message was "Download cancelled due to lack of storage". With about 400 gig free, storage would not seem to be the issue. These were the exact same photos. I was able to import other jpeg photos.
Useless as is
I agree with others here.
This app is currently pointless.
Aside from the fact that it only accepts CR3 and jpegs, (which is ridiculous) it failed to import 4 jpegs! It complained of insufficient storage. Also ridiculous. This app also does not recognize HEIC files. iPhones have been shooting in HEIC for years now.
How is it that Canon who makes such fantastic cameras can allow the release of useless/bad software?!
Come on Canon. You can do much better.
- Canon Inc.
- 88 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright CANON INC. 2019 All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.