- Fixed brand colors in navigation
- Fixed creating discussions
- Fixed deep linking to group discussions
- Improved accessibility
- Updated translations
Ratings and Reviews
Really Good, and Getting Better
The Canvas Teacher app is a must-have tool for instructors and schools utilizing Canvas CMS. I encourage all my students to use the Canvas Student app to conveniently receive notifications, check grades, and communicate with Inbox.
I’ve done surveys showing 75% of my students use their smartphones for accessing Canvas, and this is the best tool to encourage more effective interaction with the student.
Canvas Instructor keeps getting better. There have been glitches, and confusing menu structures, or tools not available as they are of the web portal, but they keep improving it, so I feel confident in using it in the future and recommending it now. Tech support is fantastic.
Solid, but lacks basic features.
Overall, this is a solid app. However, it seems the developers did not take into account that we use this app to check-in on our courses while we’re on the go. We do not use it to facilitate our courses. Accessing your course through a mobile browser may be a better option depending upon what you’re trying to do.
- There is no ability to mark a message or discussion post as unread in the app. Once you open or view it, it cannot be marked as unread. If I don’t plan on responding at that very moment, I have to make a separate reminder to check it when I return to the desktop. I’ve basically stopped accessing messages and discussions through the app for this very reason. (In most cases, I’m not going to respond as soon as a student messages me, but I do want to read their message. Marking it as unread allows me to see the notification on the desktop where I prefer to respond.)
- The actual text from sent and received messages cannot be copied. Not being able to copy a portion of a previous message I have sent is frustrating. I frequently send the same explanations for assignments, etc. Having the ability to copy a portion of a message for another email - when I’m on the go - seems like an oversight on the developers’ behalf.
- To be continued...
Added some great features but lost others
I have been waiting for the ability to annotate student papers with my Apple Pencil for a long time. I'm so excited about that and it seems to work pretty well. I have lost, though, the ability to leave voice or media comments from my iPad. That is a feature I use with every paper I assign, so I really hope that comes back soon. I also had a hard time getting a grade to save. This particular assignment I was just marking rough drafts as complete or incomplete. I hit the + to add a grade, selected "complete" from the menu, but then had to push the + again to save it. It took me a while to figure out why nothing was saving. It seemed a little awkward. I like the direction this app is going, but I had to go back and reinstall the old SpeedGrader app in order to accomplish what I needed to get done. EDIT AFTER SOME MORE USE: I also realized after grading a whole batch of essays that some of my handwritten annotations are missing! There are times when only a few words of a whole sentence are there when I go back in or when students look on their end. NO!! Waste of time!!
- Instructure, Inc.
- 102 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Haitian, Japanese, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Instructure
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.