CanWork was developed by CanAssist at the University of Victoria. It promotes independence and builds confidence by helping people with cognitive challenges complete work-related tasks successfully. Virtually any task can be broken into a sequence of easy-to-follow steps. For a given task, a user might initially goes through the activity with a support person or family member. Together, they may take photos of each step in the task. Notifications ensure each work shift is brought to the user's attention in a timely manner.
*** WHO IS IT FOR? ***
CanWork is especially beneficial to people who have difficulty performing activities that require following a sequence of steps, including those with:
- Brain injury
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental disabilities
- Dyslexia, literacy challenges, etc.
*** KEY FEATURES ***
- Schedule shifts: once scheduled, the app shows the current or upcoming shift on launch
- Receive notifications: the user is notified the day before a shift, 30 minutes before a shift starts, and 10 minutes before a shift ends
- Comprehensive support: tasks include day-before and same-day preparation, as well as work tasks proper
- Task sequencing: break each task into an easy-to-follow sequence of steps with optional photos
- Contact helpers: call or SMS caregivers, job coaches, or colleagues within the app
*** CANASSIST at the UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA ***
CanAssist at the University of Victoria is dedicated to developing customized technologies and services for people with disabilities, with a focus on clients in British Columbia, Canada.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
+ Fixed a bug where PNG images could not be selected for use
The developer, University of Victoria, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.