MeMinder is a talking pictures to-do list and video modeling tool for people who need help with reminders, sequencing and how to perform tasks at home, work, or school. Hundreds of tasks are preprogrammed with pictures and audio, making it simple to setup for the consumer.
Typical users are people with an intellectual disability, such as: Autism, survivors of a brain injury, or people with early to mid-stage dementia.
MeMinder works seamlessly with our BEAM Cloud service. This enables caregivers, parents, teachers, direct support professionals, Vocational Rehabilitation counselors, job coaches and bosses to remotely modify the tasks to be performed and to respectfully know when they were accomplished. Any picture or audio can be customized, or replaced with custom tasks or video.
Here is how people are using MeMinder:
Job coach, direct support professional or supervisor:
- Coordinate and track work crews
- Quickly and remotely re-assign tasks to different team members
- Run reports on how each employee is improving
Parents and Caregivers
- Ease in selecting age-appropriate tasks
- Ability to create custom tasks for activities of daily living
- Coordinate resources
- Communicate within the care team
Survivors of a brain injury
- Self-selecting to do list items
- Keeping a time-stamped record of what tasks were accomplished
All tasks can be organized into step-by-step instructions.
Simply switch from the consumer to the caregiver mode by tapping the gear icon in the upper right -hand corner (after pressing and holding the MeMinder icon in the upper left-hand corner until you hear the tone).
Please see our instructional videos on our YouTube channel at:
MeMinder is the result of evidence-based research from grants with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Institute on Disability, and Independent Living Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) section 8.6 that focuses on improving life in rural communities.
- Sequences. MeMinder now has the ability to create and modify multiple-step sequences and attach them to a Daily Item. These sequences could be used to create a detailed set of instructions that could describe in detail how to accomplish a complex task.
- PRE and POST scheduling. MeMinder will now allow a caregiver to sort Daily Items into PRE or POST groups. These groups will allow specified Daily Items to be visible only before, or after the user has accomplished their regular list of items for that day.
- Alternate swiping. On the Talking Pictures view, the user can now swipe to the left or right to mark the item as completed.
- Photo Proof. A caregiver can now mark any Daily Item to require a photo to be taken when that item is checked off of a user's list. When the user swipes the item to complete it, a new camera icon appears that will allow them to take a picture with their tablet, and the picture is uploaded to the BEAM cloud when the item is checked off.
- Cloud Backup and Restore. MeMinder will now allow taking a snapshot of any user's data on that device and upload it to the BEAM cloud. If the user were ever needing to reinstall the application they could restore their custom data, such as photos, audio recordings, and sequences from BEAM back to MeMinder.
- Tailored for newest iPhones. MeMinder will now scale properly to take advantage of the entire screen on the newest iPhones and iPads.
- Bug fixes and UI enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- CreateAbility Concepts, Inc.
- 28.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 CreateAbility Concepts, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.