SoundNote is the best way to take notes in meetings, lectures, and interviews. It tracks what you type and draw while recording audio, so you'll never worry about missing an important detail. During playback, just tap a word: SoundNote will jump right to the proper time in the audio.
• Use SoundNote's powerful drawing tool for quick sketches. It's easy to edit them, too. Tap a drawing to select it, or tap twice to select an individual stroke. From there, you can drag it to wherever you want, or tap "Delete" to get rid of it. Use two fingers to zoom and scroll.
• SoundNote is perfect for students. If you ever fall asleep in class, don't worry — SoundNote's got your back. Just tap what you wrote while you were awake, and SoundNote will play the audio to help you fill in the blanks.
• SoundNote is also great for journalists. Ever miss an important detail during an interview and have to skim through your entire recording to find out what it was? With SoundNote, just tap a word from that part of the interview — it'll play back what you missed.
• When you're done, share your text, drawings, and audio notes via email, or transfer them directly to your Mac or PC. Audio notes are recorded in standard M4A format: One hour of high quality audio is only 25MB.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixes for Dropbox support. This update will be required to continue using Dropbox after June 28th, 2017.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost there - not quite what I need
I installed this app today after looking at some of the alternatives. It does what it says it does, but could do with some improvement. Here's what I think needs to be changed:
- The timestamp on a word is triggered at the end of the word - when you hit space. Typically if you're taking notes you don't type the word just before someone says it - you type the word just after. This is particularly a problem if you type the word, but don't hit space until you're ready to type the next keyword.
- A consequence of the previous point is that if you go back to a previous line to add additional text, hitting space after the existing word links it to the current position in the audio, rather than where it was originally typed
- Text entered while the recording is pause does not have any link into the audio - it seems to me it should link to the point in the audio where it was paused, such that selecting that text will play from where the recording was resumed.
- I would like to be able to set an offset so that when I select a word it will set the audio to, for example, 5 seconds before the word is entered. Perhaps a slider in the UI that allows me to set that offset
- Finally it would be awesome if the words could highlight during playback as their frames are encountered in the audio.
I have used this app for years in large classroom settings. The recording come out great.
Where once it worked, now with iOS 14, no longer the case. Of course the real crime is far beyond the company taking money. It’s now where are my important notes and how do I get them back???!!!
The developer, David Estes, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- David Estes
- 7.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2017 David Estes
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.