The Capella Mobile app serves students enrolled at Capella University, and requires a university login. It makes it easier for busy, working professionals to keep up with their program, the latest happenings in their courses, and to do some light work while on the go. Capella Mobile integrates campus, program and course activities within a convenient, single app.
* View Campus News and Alerts
* Check your Account Summary
* Capella Student ID Card screen (if eligible status)
* Unread count and direct link to your Capella email account (if issued)
* Review your Academic Plan and register for your next course
* Course Messages link, with unread count indicator
* Read course announcements
* View syllabus and instructions for studies and assignments (and FlexPath equivalents), subject to availability across courses or units.
* Check the status of recent assignments (due / submitted / graded) and view instructor feedback
* Post to course discussions; read and reply to classmates' or faculty postings
* Reach mobile-friendly Capella Library databases to start literature searches
* View your instructor or classmates’ Campus profiles (subject to their privacy settings).
Please take a minute to review the app after putting these features to use. Your feedback makes a difference in upcoming releases.
Adds stability enhancements for scenarios where certain Campus features are unavailable.
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t think the Capella app is intended to be a desktop replacement. It is useful for looking up quick information, and can even be used for discussion posts if you are desperate. My main complaint is the app isn’t updated for the iPhone X user interface so it only fills half of the screen. I think for an all online university, this is a little surprising. I have been impressed with recent updates, and I hope that Capella will update the user experience soon.
Developer Response ,
Hello - we are sorry for the delay in supporting iPhone X screen sizes... there have been a number of course updates that have taken priority. But an iPhone X -supporting version is expected for beta testing soon... if you'd like to be one of the first who get to try it please look for a beta tester sign up out on the Capella Mobile discussion board on Campus (a handy link is at the bottom of Support Teams / Capella Mobile page). Hope to hear from you!
Much improved, could be great
Much improved over the past year. They’ve made a commitment to updating the app and it shows (initially left a 1 star rating). I like the blue dots that show discussion posts with unread replies-actually wish they had this feature from a desktop. Only issue is that the app crashes quite a bit. Will be in the middle of reading a post and it’ll crash. Wish you could see the text when you reply to posts rather than going into a new screen. Love being able to reply via phone and being able to see the text you’re replying to would be nice.
As Campus lite is great tool.
It has greatly enhanced the potential to maintain connectivity to the University. It is not an alternative to the full online classroom experience and should not be treated as such. It is campus “lite”. Check financial aide, check a grade, check campus email, check a discussion post maybe write a short discussion reply. Anything else best to utilize the main campus. The best way to provide feedback to the development team is through the discussion boards. The team desires feedback and the discussion board also has descriptions of workarounds and known issues.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.