Use your iOS device to remotely view, zoom, rate, and tag high-resolution images during a photography shoot.
Plus, combine Capture Pilot with the additional “Camera Control” in-app purchase to transform your iOS device into a virtual camera display, so you can remotely fire your camera and control essential capture parameters from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
For use with photo editing software Capture One Pro, Capture Pilot is the perfect tool for teams and multi-user shoots, while clients can use it to review shots in real-time and better communicate with photographers.
“Whether it is clients, make-up artists, wardrobe stylists or photographers, or anyone who needs to keep an eye on the shoot, Capture Pilot allows them to see every detail of what is being shot. Most importantly, it successfully engages the entire team in the photographic process."
- Daryn Labier, Blast Digital Studio
“In all, I’m extremely impressed with Phase One’s iOS application Capture Pilot. It enhances the creative process in ways that you won’t be able to predict.”
- Mike Hagen, Nikonians
VIEW AND BROWSE
- Wirelessly view, zoom and pan high-resolution DSLR and medium format RAW, JPEG and TIFF images during a shoot.
- Unique and easy-to-use rating and tagging feature enables clients or staff in the studio or on remote locations to participate in the shoot and to provide instant feedback.
LIVE VIEW WITH PHASE ONE IQ250 and IQ3 (CMOS) DIGITAL BACKS
- Work wirelessly with remote live viewing functionality with a Phase One IQ250 and IQ3 50MP camera system, turning your mobile device into an electronic viewfinder.
GEOTAGGING OF IMAGES WITH PHASE ONE IQ CAMERA SYSTEMS
- Record location data and geotag your images
'CAMERA CONTROL' IN-APP PURCHASE
- Connect directly to a Phase One IQ2 or IQ3 series digital back to remotely fire and control your camera and check capture previews directly on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Free for Phase One Digital Back users.
- Connect your camera to a Mac or Windows computer running Capture One Pro and use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to remotely fire and control your Canon, Nikon, Sony, Phase One, Leaf or Mamiya camera.
- Control your camera’s most important capture parameters on a virtual camera display: ISO sensitivity, exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, and exposure compensation.
To check for supported cameras and tethering support visit: https://www.captureone.com/features/supported-cameras
Capture One Pro (11.1 or later) with supported camera tethered connection is required when pairing the camera control app with a Sony camera.
Capture Pilot can connect directly over Wi-Fi to a Phase One IQ2 or IQ3 Digital back.
Focus controls is currently only supported when used directly with a Wi-Fi capable IQ Digital Back running Feature Update 4.
Capture Pilot can also connect over Wi-Fi to Capture One Pro (versions 20, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6) for browsing Capture One collections, or for control of supported cameras tethered to Capture One.
Capture Pilot can use the GPS unit in your device to access and record location data. Synchronization of the recorded location data with images can happen either simultaneously when Capture Pilot is connected to a Phase One IQ2 or IQ3 digital back, or when the Capture Pilot connection is re-established later. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, therefore a “Turn Geo tagging Off” timer option is available in the Capture Pilot preferences.
You can download a trial version of Capture One Pro from www.captureone.com/en/download-trial
Fix a number of crashes/bugs.
Add anonymous end-user analytics.
Ratings and Reviews
Very basic, but it works as a gateway to AppleTV
This app is extremely basic, it only has the ability to rate photos and strangely enough, set the white balance point, the sole editing tool on hand.
I use it as a way to play back my photos on AppleTV and a projector and for that it works very well.
The app allows you to zoom around the photo in full res, loading more of the original RAW file as required to fill in detail, which is something that is not possible via Photos or Aperture.
It would be great if we could access all your editing tools in Capture One remotely and perform edits as you review photos, maybe some day.
As it stands this app feels like a side-hobby project and slightly like abandonware, but perhaps Capture One will take it seriously and make it a differentiator for their product over Lightroom, but i do feel that it is better than their current 2.2 star rating.
Great when it works, but extremely unreliable.
When capture pilot works, it’s a brilliant technology to have on set with clients so they can view incoming images, make selects, and the photo team can work uninterrupted. However, it’s more often than not that my digital tech is spending upwards of 30 minutes each day setting it up, troubleshooting dropped connections, restarting the pilot server, etc. For studio days, it’s almost easier to have a second monitor connected to our computer and hard wired to the client area. I wish Phase One would devote some resources into Capture One and Pilot so that they work seamlessly instead of useless things such as film-emulation presets.
Good idea but not as solid as desktop client
The app is barebones, but I don’t require much more functionality than letting the client view and rate / make selects, however it is painfully hindered by its reliability in keeping good connection with the local image server from the computer.
Out of all the features of this program, I wish Phase One would put more attention to amending the reliability of this feature especially with the upstart of sets in the COVID era.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Capture One A/S
- 6.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- 2020 © Capture One A/S
- In-App Purchases
- Camera Control $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.