See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
1) Layout your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
2) Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by car manufacturer!
3) It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scantool. Car Scanner includes a huge database of DTC codes descriptions.
4) Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
5) Now with Mode 06 - you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
6) Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
7) Check all of the sensors at one screen
8) Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
9) Car Scanner includes a lot of connection profiles, that gives you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda Skyactiv, and others.
10) Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
11) Car Scanner provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurments (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
12) Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
13) And one more thing - Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the App Store.
The app requires a Wi-Fi or or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) OBD2 ELM327 compatible adapter (device) to work. ELM327 devices plugs into the diagnostics socket in the car ang gives your phone access to car diagnostics.
Recommended adapters brands: Kiwi 3, Viecar, V-Gate, Carista, LELink, Veepeak.
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported. This app can’t show you something, that is not provided by your car.
Attention "bad" adapters! We faced the problem, that some adapters (often cheep Chinese clones), can’t connect to the smartphone or the car. Some of them can even make your car engine work unstable, often lost connection, increase time lag when reading data.
So, we recommend you to use genuine ELM327 or recommended adapter brands.
Car Scanner ELM OBD2 is free but to unlock all the features, a one-time purchase or a subscription is required.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use and/or interpretation of the data in the application.
If you have any issues, you can always contact developer using Settings - Contact developer in the app or just send email to email@example.com
1) Added connection profiles for reading DPF related information on some VAG (Volkswagen, Audi, Scoda, Seat) cars.
2) Updated connection profiles for Mitsubishi Outlander II, III, XL, Volvo Platform 3, Subaru SSM2 over CAN and others.
3) Bug fixes and stability improvements.
4) Arabic translation.
Ratings and Reviews
Own a car 1994 or newer, then you need this tool!
I’ve always worked on my own vehicles since my very first car, a 1982 Mazda RX7...if there’s one thing that I’ve learned from my experience, using proper tools always made any repair that much easier. This includes having access to a Chilton or Haynes repair manual, IF you happen to enjoy getting your hands dirty!
But, owning a car can be mighty stressful when those check engine lights begins flashing and you’re dreading that trip to the car dealership. Well, thanks to the EPA and SAE standards for OBD-II, you can get the same information that your certified mechanics use to access from your vehicles onboard computer/s. You may not do you own repairs, BUT being informed why your check engine lights are on can save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars by being educated ahead of time!
This inexpensive WiFi OBD-II reader is the second one I’ve owned. My 1st (Different Brand) cost me several hundred dollars and doesn’t provide me the ease of use that this unit can! I can toss this in my glove box and have access to it in seconds flat...paired with your smartphone, you can access engine codes, see potential problems and solutions for less than the cost of an oil change. So what are you waiting for???
Best OBD app I have found by far
Wow, great product! It is so configurable where it should be! This app obviously started from the ground up for usability and user experience, and it shows. This is NOT the typical big company offering that promises a lot and doesn’t deliver. I really like the sliding cost scale too (I paid the most because this app is so awesome.)
- The adjustable size moving graphs of parameters on the dashboard is brilliant.
- As a mechanic, every professional scan tool I’ve used for over 20 years offers an automatic listing of all sensors/PIDs, but until now I have not seen this basic functionality in any of the other apps I have tried; this app offers a live feed of ALL sensors in one list view and I am confident I am actually seeing all of the sensors. That is the most important feature for being able to set up and scan, without first getting bogged down in configuration and guessing how to set up a dashboard.
I’d like to see 2 things added to this wonderful app:
- The ability to see MAP and pressure readings in inHg. This is what I have gotten used to in the USA for vacuum readings.
- A dashboard template that offered a list mode... many parameters on one screen, text based, title on the left, value on the right, just like the All Sensors view.
Note to developer: the contact email on your website is the default WordPress email, and does not get to you. I am unsure where to contact you for any issues/comments.
Great flexible OBD II tool works with new Veepeak BLE+
This app is free to try out and has the most features for a free OBD II tool, so it is worth trying out as there is no risk. It is very robust and flexible/customizable and works with various manufacturer devices. It works with the new VEEPEAK ODBCheck BLE+ (note the plus) reader I use on my Toyota Celica GTS. It lists all sensors on one page. The user interface may be simple (no fancy colors and icons and borders) but the program is solid and simple to use. You have to have the unit connected to customize dashboards which is not convenient but the customization level is amazing. This said, I ended up paying the developer the maximum optional in-app payment for the app. I can see a lot of thought and hard work was put into this app, but most importantly, I see it is constantly updated. This is very impressive and important to me. Keep up the good work!
- Stanislav Svistunov
- 139.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 0vZ
- In-App Purchases
- Car Scanner Pro (low price) $3.99
- Car Scanner Pro (mid price) $4.99
- Car Scanner Pro (high price) $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.