Check what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
1) Layout your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
2) Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by car manufacturer!
3) It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scantool. Car Scanner includes a huge database of DTC codes descriptions.
4) Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
5) Now with Mode 06 - you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
6) Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
7) Check all of the sensors at one screen
8) Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
9) Car Scanner includes a lot of connection profiles, that gives you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Dacia, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat, BMW and many others.
10) Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
11) Car Scanner provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurments (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
12) Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
13) For cars of the VAG group (Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat), built on the MQB and PQ26 platforms, encoding functions are available - setting hidden parameters of the car.
14) And one more thing - Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the App Store.
The app requires a Wi-Fi or or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) OBD2 ELM327 compatible adapter (device) to work. ELM327 devices plugs into the diagnostics socket in the car ang gives your phone access to car diagnostics.
Recommended adapters brands: Kiwi 3, Viecar, V-Gate, Carista, LELink, Veepeak.
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported. This app can’t show you something, that is not provided by your car.
Attention "bad" adapters! We faced the problem, that some adapters (often cheep Chinese clones), can’t connect to the smartphone or the car. Some of them can even make your car engine work unstable, often lost connection, increase time lag when reading data.
So, we recommend you to use genuine ELM327 or recommended adapter brands.
Car Scanner ELM OBD2 is free but to unlock all the features, a one-time purchase or a subscription is required.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use and/or interpretation of the data in the application.
If you have any issues, you can always contact developer using Settings - Contact developer in the app or just send email to email@example.com
Updated connection profiles database.
Ratings and Reviews
Own a car 1994 or newer, then you need this tool!
I’ve always worked on my own vehicles since my very first car, a 1982 Mazda RX7...if there’s one thing that I’ve learned from my experience, using proper tools always made any repair that much easier. This includes having access to a Chilton or Haynes repair manual, IF you happen to enjoy getting your hands dirty!
But, owning a car can be mighty stressful when those check engine lights begins flashing and you’re dreading that trip to the car dealership. Well, thanks to the EPA and SAE standards for OBD-II, you can get the same information that your certified mechanics use to access from your vehicles onboard computer/s. You may not do you own repairs, BUT being informed why your check engine lights are on can save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars by being educated ahead of time!
This inexpensive WiFi OBD-II reader is the second one I’ve owned. My 1st (Different Brand) cost me several hundred dollars and doesn’t provide me the ease of use that this unit can! I can toss this in my glove box and have access to it in seconds flat...paired with your smartphone, you can access engine codes, see potential problems and solutions for less than the cost of an oil change. So what are you waiting for???
Easy to use! Great for people who are not mechanics as well!
This app is amazing and well rounded for all types of users from professional mechanics to your regular vehicle owner. It is easy to use and offers tons of useful stuff for your everyday person such as fuel consumption, DTC Codes, emissions tests, etc.. While also offering in depth diagnostic tools such as a full list of sensor readings and live performance monitoring. It also gives a brief summary in understanding the interface of the different tools offered. I am not a professional mechanic by any means, yet it was very easy to understand and navigate through the different tools despite my lack of in-depth knowledge in automotive mechanics. I purchased the highest in app purchase for the app without hesitation due to the high quality design and ease of use even though for a regular fix it myself guy, the free version was more than adequate. The people who created this app have done an amazing job and I was more than happy to purchase the access to all the features in support of the team who created such a well built, well maintained tool.
Lots of options, relatively safe, developer does an outstanding job keeping up with updates. I use a micro mechanic Bluetooth dongle and even though the dev advises against this adapter, it’s all I had and it hasn’t missed a beat. That said, there are much better alternatives to a micro mechanic, I suggest you look for one. The hardware will fail (solder joints) sooner then later. This can cause very detrimental problems especially if your using it to monitor sensors while perhaps driving eccentrically and your adapter fails and shorts out your ecu. Hypothetically.... But the app is awesome, endless options, customizations, etc. great job dev and it’s totally worth the one time purchase fee. Most comparable apps want you to subscribe monthly. And if you don’t want or can’t afford to buy this app, it’s basically he same as a free app. Ads are tolerable, and only minor things are unlocked when you purchase but I really do recommend you buy it. This dev obviously put a lot of time into this app and continues to pushing updates regularly...
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stanislav Svistunov
- 157.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 0vZ
- In-App Purchases
- Car Scanner Pro (high price) $6.99
- Car Scanner Pro (6 months) $3.99
- Car Scanner Pro (1 year) $4.99
- Car Scanner Pro (mid price) $6.99
- Car Scanner Pro (low price) $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.