See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
1) Layout your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
2) Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by car manufacturer!
3) It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scantool. Car Scanner includes a huge database of DTC codes descriptions.
4) Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
5) Now with Mode 06 - you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
6) Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
7) Check all of the sensors at one screen
8) Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
9) Car Scanner includes a lot of connection profiles, that gives you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda Skyactiv, and others.
10) Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
11) Car Scanner provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurments (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
12) Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
13) And one more thing - Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the App Store.
The app requires a Wi-Fi or or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) OBD2 ELM327 compatible adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access.
Recommended adapters brands: Kiwi 3, Viecar, V-Gate, Carista, LELink, Veepeak.
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported. This app can’t show you something, that is not provided by your car.
Attention "bad" adapters! We faced the problem, that some adapters (often cheep Chinese clones), can’t connect to the smartphone or the car. Some of them can even make your car engine work unstable, often lost connection, increase time lag when reading data.
So, we recommend you to use genuine ELM327 or recommended adapter brands.
New connection profiles: Hyundai Tucson TL CRDI, Kia Niro PHEV, Renault Scenic III 1.6 dCi R9M, Renault Laguna III 2.0 dCi M9R, BMW N47, Hyundai i30 N, Renault Megane II 1.5 dCi K9k 734, Renault Laguna II F4R 714, Toyota Highlander Hybrid Gen.3, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport III / L200
Ratings and Reviews
Best OBD app I have found by far
Wow, great product! It is so configurable where it should be! This app obviously started from the ground up for usability and user experience, and it shows. This is NOT the typical big company offering that promises a lot and doesn’t deliver. I really like the sliding cost scale too (I paid the most because this app is so awesome.)
- The adjustable size moving graphs of parameters on the dashboard is brilliant.
- As a mechanic, every professional scan tool I’ve used for over 20 years offers an automatic listing of all sensors/PIDs, but until now I have not seen this basic functionality in any of the other apps I have tried; this app offers a live feed of ALL sensors in one list view and I am confident I am actually seeing all of the sensors. That is the most important feature for being able to set up and scan, without first getting bogged down in configuration and guessing how to set up a dashboard.
I’d like to see 2 things added to this wonderful app:
- The ability to see MAP and pressure readings in inHg. This is what I have gotten used to in the USA for vacuum readings.
- A dashboard template that offered a list mode... many parameters on one screen, text based, title on the left, value on the right, just like the All Sensors view.
Note to developer: the contact email on your website is the default WordPress email, and does not get to you. I am unsure where to contact you for any issues/comments.
I tried atleast 10 apps, for a Generic ELM 327-wifi dongle, which was the cheapest I could find. This App, had the options that most apps had (standard) and then quite a few more. Apps ranged in ease, of Setup. But this app, was Simple, and was able to fund my cheap reader on it’s own. Without doing anything besides selecting it on my iPhones wifi. Which was something you do with all apps, until phone auto connects after first setup. Love the amount of stuff you can change with custom dashboard gauges. More then most the apps. Buy it. And I recommend buying an OBD reference app, that is make specific to your vehicle to go with whichever app you choose. Even store bought expensive scanners, are vague as hell when you look up the erroe codes. Fixed my car, and saved alot of mechanic guessing.
Tried out on a couple of cars and it worked great with my veepeak dongle so I decided to support the developer with a purchase. I’m happy that I could use the same dongle that I purchased to use with the beemercode app. Because I tried a few other apps that required a specific branded dongle. And being that I already had another dongle for my galaxy note that’s incompatible with the iPhone X I really wasn’t looking to purchase another one! And the best thing about this app is that it lets you try most of the features for free why not support the dev with a purchase especially being that’s it’s still half the cost of its most comparable competitor.
- Stanislav Svistunov
- 130.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 0vZ
- In-App Purchases
- Car Scanner Pro (mid price) $4.99
- Car Scanner Pro (low price) $3.99
- Car Scanner Pro (high price) $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.