New version of the multi-awarded board game. Now in 3D. Includes improved AI, 3D landscape, new exclusive features.
*** Carcassonne fits that opening game niche that every game group needs. -Tyler Nichols, Board Game Quest
*** Carcassonne = Great game, great mechanics, great pieces, great fun! -The Board Game Family
A TILE PLACEMENT GAME OF CREATING LANDSCAPES, CLAIMING AREAS, AND GAINING POINTS
Discover or re-discover Carcassonne, the multi-awarded tile-based game in which players draw and place their tiles to build a medieval city. Place your cities, roads, abbeys or fields to enlarge your landscape, then place your followers, the meeples. Knights, robbers or farmers... Each meeple will help you control your territory and win points.
But be careful, you will need all your best strategy and tactics to maximum your points! Place your tiles and your meeples wisely to stop your opponents and win the game.
6 EXPANSIONS: ENLARGE YOUR LANDSCAPE AND OPTIMIZE YOUR POINTS
Thanks to the mini expansions ""The River"" and ""The Abbot"", you can embellish your landscape and vary your game to enjoy new ways to play! Double or even triple your points thanks to the new buildings in the Inns & Cathedrals expansion! And with the Traders & Builders expansion, score more points with the trading commodities and build faster with the builders! Discover the city of Carcassonne covered with a blanket of white snow in the Winter Edition... and look out for the Gingerbread Man and the bonus points he'll give you! Beware of the Dragon in ""the Princess and the Dragon"" expansion! He could eat your Meeples if you're not cautious. And be kind with the Princess: she might prefer you to other Meeples and toss them out of the cities!
• Accessible and tactical gameplay adapted from the award-winning Carcassonne board game
• 6 expansions:
- The River, the Inns & Cathedrals, the Traders & Builders, the Winter Edition and Princess & Dragon are all available to purchase from the Game Shop.
- Unlock The Abbot for free using your Asmodee account.
• Up to 6 players! Play against the computer in solo mode, face off your friends in Pass and Play or challenge players from around the world in online mode
• There is no more 3 but 4 different behaviors you can chose before starting a game with AIs. They all propose a better challenge than the previous ones. Players who want to experiment a true challenge will play against the Conqueror AI who is the strongest AI of the game.
• Try out the aerial top view to refine your strategy!
• Additional strategic layers compared to the physical version:
- field view which allows you to see the field possession of each player
- remaining tile list: allows you to see the tiles which are remaining in the draw pile
Languages available: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube!
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/asmodeedigital
- Significant AI performance optimizations: the AI responsive time is faster than ever!
- A new option "Auto zoom" has been added. If disabled, zoom in and out will no longer occur when playing a tile, even if "Full Animation" mode is enabled
- Game clock is no longer counted during the scores evaluation at the end of the game
- Camera travelling is smoother and no longer snaps when approaching final position
- The "Integral Animation OFF" mode is slightly faster
- Camera max zoom-out distance has been slightly increased in order for players to have a better overview of the whole board when zooming-out
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Give the license back to The Coding Monkeys!
The game’s timer has caused me to lose twice! The first time, it subtracted way more time than I’d actually spent, and it timed me out even though I hadn’t run out the full 15 minutes! The next time, the game was in the middle of scoring, but it hadn’t stopped my clock (which again, was running too fast), and the clock ran out in the middle of scoring so it automatically recorded a loss for me. The camera always pans away from the full board when someone places a tile. I’m constantly adjusting the camera so I can see the board after I’ve placed my tile. Why do I want to stare at my just-placed tile until the other player places theirs? I don’t. This interpretation of the game is just not as clean and nice and simple and functional as the previous version.
As a side note, I bought this game on Nintendo Switch as well. I was excited to play Carcassonne online there ... but, no dice! There is no online!
Developer Response ,
Hi Bootch12, thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.
We released a patch early this week on iOS. Did you updated your version? You can now disable "Auto-Zoom" and camera travelling is smoother than previoulsy. We also improved the AI performance: the AI responsive time is faster than ever! Let us know if it improves your experience.
Asmodee Digital Customer Support
Terrible graphics, clunky gameplay
My old iPad recently died and took the old version of Carcassonne (by the coding monkeys) with it. I could have cried. It was my favourite app of all time.
In comparison this version looks cheap. The design and colours are unappealing. The tile design lacks the charm and interest of the old version and so is just less pleasant to play overall.
The gameplay is clunky and further slowed by unnecessary and painfully slow zooms at each turn (seriously, just let me pick a size for the board and zoom in as needed to place game pieces...this is excruciating).
It’s impossible to play at a brisk pace because the board is constantly zooming and moving unnecessarily, to the point that it gives you a headache. But then perversely you can’t zoom out far enough to see the whole board the larger it gets.
The animations are distracting and again slow down gameplay.
I haven’t yet tried to play online, as I can barely get through a standard game it’s so clunky...but from what I hear from friends it’s a disaster.
I bought every single expansion on the the old app and loved what they added to the gameplay, but I won’t be spending another cent on this until things are significantly improved. In fact, I might even try to get my money back as this game is so frustrating as to be almost unplayable.
Seriously, learn from the old app. It’s not about nostalgia, it’s about good design and better gameplay.
It’s sad. I really, REALLY wanted to like this version...
Getting too harsh of reviews
Lots of reviews are pretty harsh for a game that works pretty well, is a good adaptation, and looks decent. I’ve been playing single player and online with family and enjoyed both. Yes there is room for improvement but give them a chance to address the issues.
Pros - good adaptation of actual game, intuitive interface, overall good art, AI keeps single player interesting, you can play with your friends online, you can set time limits such that playing with friends can essentially be turn based so games can go over many days, features like showing fields and tiles left is fun, seems only host of online game needs expansions for everyone to play expansion
Cons - needs a recap feature because if you aren’t online at the end you can’t see how an online game ended, the chat in online play disappears every time you leave so you can’t have a dialogue, sometimes takes a moment to connect or disconnects but not terribly so, wish you could turn specific features in expansions on and off (e.g. use builder but not pig or just use tiles from expansions but not other mechanics), can only add friends to friends list if they are online.
Overall I’ve enjoyed both the single and online play. Absolutely worth the cost if you enjoy the board game.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your complete review GKATM !
- Asmodee Digital
- 278.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © copyright 2017 Hans im Glück Verlag GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- The River $1.99
- Inns & Cathedrals Expansion $2.99
- Traders and Builders $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.