CREATE LIFE ON MARS
Lead a corporation and launch ambitious Mars terraforming projects. Direct massive construction works, manage and use your resources, create cities, forests and oceans, and set rewards and objectives to win the game!
In Terraforming Mars, place your cards on the board and use them wisely:
- Achieve a high Terraform Rating, by increasing the temperature and oxygen level or creating oceans... Make the planet habitable for future generations!
- Get Victory Points by building cities, infrastructure and other ambitious projects.
- But watch out! Rival corporations will try to slow you down... That's a nice forest you planted there... It'd be a shame if an asteroid crashed right on it.
Will you be able to lead humanity into a new era? The terraforming race begins now!
• The official adaptation of Jacob Fryxelius' famous board game.
• Mars for all: Play against the computer or challenge up to 5 players in multiplayer mode, online or offline.
• Game variant: Try the rules of the Corporate Era for a more complex game. With the addition of new cards, including 2 new corporations, focused on economy and technology, you will discover one of the most strategic variants of the game!
• Solo Challenge: Finish terraforming Mars before the end of generation 14. Try new rules and features in the most challenging Solo mode on the (red) planet.
• Speed up your game with the Prelude expansion, adding a new phase at the start of the game to specialize your corporation and boost your early game. It also introduces new cards, corporation and a new solo challenge.
• Explore a new side of Mars with the new Hellas & Elysium expansion maps, each bringing a new set of twists, awards and milestones. From the Southern Wilds to the Other Face of Mars, the taming of the Red Planet continues.
Languages available: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish
To find more information about Asmodee Digital, please go to http://www.asmodee-digital.com/
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/
Find all the latest news for Terraforming Mars on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube!
- In Draft mode, the game won’t crash anymore when the player has the “Cards in hand” UI open while another player ends a generation.
- Overcharging cards prices/inconsistent rebates issues should be fixed.
- Virus#050 should be playable normally.
- No more issue caused by Corporation’s forced actions.
- Steel is now usable properly to play the action of Aquifer Pumping #187.
- Titanium is now usable properly to play the action of Water Import From Europa #012.
- Immigrant City #200 not highlighted anymore if the player doesn’t have enough MC to play it.
- Ice Cap Melting #181 and Permafrost Extraction #191 won’t be played by AI if 9 oceans are already placed.
- Water Import From Europa #012 and Aquifer Pumping #187: better indication of resource reduction option.
- And many other bug fixes and improvements...
Ratings and Reviews
Luck and Strategy in a Fin Package
This is a fun game. It takes both luck and strategy to win it. If you don’t get the right cards, there’s no way to win. But if you don’t play the cards you have strategically, you won’t win, either, making the game a nice balance of expert play and balance. The mobile version takes away much of the bookkeeping tedium and mental overhead that you get when you play the board game face to face, freeing players to focus on the strategy more than on just what plays are possible. In that way, the mobile version improves on the physical game. Highly recommended for folks looking for a fun game that requires some thinking, but doesn’t bog down in slow play or deep strategic contemplation.
One minor nitpick: The solo version does not credit a game as a win if the last couple greenery tiles come in the build phase after the last turn. There’s no point even having that phase if those extra tiles aren’t the difference between winning and losing. IMO, that situation should credited as a win.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind feedback. We forwarded this problem and our teams will try their best to fix it. If you have any detail you want to add about it such as screenshots, please contact us at https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/. Have a great day!
Good implementation needs a few things
First my brother and I have both played their actual board game so it was fairly easy for us to learn the digital version. As much as we loved it we couldn’t help but mention how difficult it’d be to learn the game because there were multiple things we had to search for in the Ui. However we were able to do everything we expected to through the game, it is a great digital version as it’s not lacking in any features we could find. My largest complaint is that it has no notification system so it is really only worthwhile to play if both players are going to play live. The online component gives the option to put time limits on turns but that doesn’t work great because you have to constantly go back into the game to check if it’s your turn. Even that wouldn’t be awful but it takes a good 15-30s to resume your game if you leave the app for ANY reason, even a switch to a respond or view a text message you have to sign back in and wait to reconnect. The game needs to implement notifications or have a way to see from the main menu whose turn it is. The only other flaw of the game is there is no undo, if you play a card or an action there is no way to back out of it even if it is still your turn. If those two issues were resolved it’d be a 5 star game
Developer Response ,
We've taken a note of your detailed review. We thank you for your feedback.
Asmodee Digital Support
Great adaptation of the real thing
Hey devs, I hope you’re doing well and thanks for all your hard work on making my favorite board game available for my iOS devices. I’ve literally played this game hundreds of times irl and online and I would like to ask if it would be possible to let the user decide the time restraints based off of 15 min intervals. So if I wanted to set the game for 1 hour and 15 min it would be easy to do so. Also there have been plenty of games where I was just moments away from seeing the score and I timed out and I felt like 2 hours of my life were wasted. Would it be possible to allow your opponents to grant you more time when you’re going to time out? Especially in private games when I’m playing with my friends. And finally there have been public games were my opponent leaves mid game with over half an hour left on his timer. I then have to wait half an hour for his timer to run out before the AI takes over. Can you give players a 5 min window to make their move and if they don’t make it they forfeit their rounds for that generation?
I also wanted you to know that I would be willing to pay extra to play with the expansions.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Asmodee Digital
- 351.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Asmodee Digital 2019. © FryxGames 2016. Terraforming Mars™ is a trademark of FryxGames.
- In-App Purchases
- Terraforming Mars - Prelude $3.99
- Hellas & Elysium $3.99