Terraforming Mars 4+
The strategy game on Mars
TWIN SAILS INTERACTIVE
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
CREATE LIFE ON MARS
Lead a corporation and launch ambitious Mars terraforming projects. Direct massive construction works, manage and use your resources, create cities, forests and oceans, and set rewards and objectives to win the game!
In Terraforming Mars, place your cards on the board and use them wisely:
- Achieve a high Terraform Rating, by increasing the temperature and oxygen level or creating oceans... Make the planet habitable for future generations!
- Get Victory Points by building cities, infrastructure and other ambitious projects.
- But watch out! Rival corporations will try to slow you down... That's a nice forest you planted there... It'd be a shame if an asteroid crashed right on it.
Will you be able to lead humanity into a new era? The terraforming race begins now!
• The official adaptation of Jacob Fryxelius' famous board game.
• Mars for all: Play against the computer or challenge up to 5 players in multiplayer mode, online or offline.
• Game variant: Try the rules of the Corporate Era for a more complex game. With the addition of new cards, including 2 new corporations, focused on economy and technology, you will discover one of the most strategic variants of the game!
• Solo Challenge: Finish terraforming Mars before the end of generation 14. Try new rules and features in the most challenging Solo mode on the (red) planet.
• Speed up your game with the Prelude expansion, adding a new phase at the start of the game to specialize your corporation and boost your early game. It also introduces new cards, corporation and a new solo challenge.
• Explore a new side of Mars with the new Hellas & Elysium expansion maps, each bringing a new set of twists, awards and milestones. From the Southern Wilds to the Other Face of Mars, the taming of the Red Planet continues.
Languages available: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish
To find more information about Asmodee Digital, please go to http://www.asmodee-digital.com/
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/
Find all the latest news for Terraforming Mars on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube!
- In online multiplayer, the Draft sequence doesn’t cause game’s crash anymore.
- Corporation Helion’s special payment system works properly now.
- Fixing AI which doesn't do anything when a player forfeits a game.
- Player isn’t get stuck anymore when playing "Comet #010" and immediately cliking on the heat conversion.
- And many other fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A lesson in how to frustrate users
In order to add a friend you have to go through the chat tool. Not intuitive at all but whatever, I can deal with that. The really bonkers part is that your friend needs to be online in the app AT THE SAME TIME YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR THEM in order for you to be able to find them in the user list. Wuh?
Notifications do not work at all...at least not for me on iOS. Cross platform, yay! Oh wait, it doesn’t matter if you don’t get alerted it’s your turn. I’ve tried turning off notifications and then turning them back on, power cycling my phone multiple times, I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Nothing helped.
You get disconnected if you let your screen go to sleep for an instant or if you jump over to another app (even for only a second or two). Then you must reconnect and load your game again which takes FOREVER. I’ve played other ports where you get disconnected easily (CoB and the true TM, Terra Mystica) but with those you could jump to another app and back into the game after a few seconds and not have to restart.
I wish I could review the gameplay but it’s been very difficult to even make it halfway through an online game. Played a few local games against the AI. The gameplay seems solid but even the expert AI is pretty bad (not unexpected for a game like this). So playing local games against AI gets stale quickly.
In general, the app has promise but it is almost unusable for online games in its current state.
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for your detailed feedback.
We're truly sorry about the issues you encountered with our app.
Please note that, in order to provide us with further feedback, you can contact our Support team here: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/terraforming-mars/?contact=1
Asmodee Digital Support
Good implementation needs a few things
First my brother and I have both played their actual board game so it was fairly easy for us to learn the digital version. As much as we loved it we couldn’t help but mention how difficult it’d be to learn the game because there were multiple things we had to search for in the Ui. However we were able to do everything we expected to through the game, it is a great digital version as it’s not lacking in any features we could find. My largest complaint is that it has no notification system so it is really only worthwhile to play if both players are going to play live. The online component gives the option to put time limits on turns but that doesn’t work great because you have to constantly go back into the game to check if it’s your turn. Even that wouldn’t be awful but it takes a good 15-30s to resume your game if you leave the app for ANY reason, even a switch to a respond or view a text message you have to sign back in and wait to reconnect. The game needs to implement notifications or have a way to see from the main menu whose turn it is. The only other flaw of the game is there is no undo, if you play a card or an action there is no way to back out of it even if it is still your turn. If those two issues were resolved it’d be a 5 star game
Developer Response ,
We've taken a note of your detailed review. We thank you for your feedback.
Asmodee Digital Support
Great adaptation of the real thing
Hey devs, I hope you’re doing well and thanks for all your hard work on making my favorite board game available for my iOS devices. I’ve literally played this game hundreds of times irl and online and I would like to ask if it would be possible to let the user decide the time restraints based off of 15 min intervals. So if I wanted to set the game for 1 hour and 15 min it would be easy to do so. Also there have been plenty of games where I was just moments away from seeing the score and I timed out and I felt like 2 hours of my life were wasted. Would it be possible to allow your opponents to grant you more time when you’re going to time out? Especially in private games when I’m playing with my friends. And finally there have been public games were my opponent leaves mid game with over half an hour left on his timer. I then have to wait half an hour for his timer to run out before the AI takes over. Can you give players a 5 min window to make their move and if they don’t make it they forfeit their rounds for that generation?
I also wanted you to know that I would be willing to pay extra to play with the expansions.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Asmodee Digital
- 350.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Twin Sails Interactive 2019. © FryxGames 2016. Terraforming Mars™ is a trademark of FryxGames.
- In-App Purchases
- Terraforming Mars - Prelude $3.99
- Hellas & Elysium $3.99