CREATE LIFE ON MARS
Lead a corporation and launch ambitious Mars terraforming projects. Direct massive construction works, manage and use your resources, create cities, forests and oceans, and set rewards and objectives to win the game!
In Terraforming Mars, place your cards on the board and use them wisely:
- Achieve a high Terraform Rating, by increasing the temperature and oxygen level or creating oceans... Make the planet habitable for future generations!
- Get Victory Points by building cities, infrastructure and other ambitious projects.
- But watch out! Rival corporations will try to slow you down... That's a nice forest you planted there... It'd be a shame if an asteroid crashed right on it.
Will you be able to lead humanity into a new era? The terraforming race begins now!
• The official adaptation of Jacob Fryxelius' famous board game.
• Mars for all: Play against the computer or challenge up to 5 players in multiplayer mode, online or offline.
• Game variant: Try the rules of the Corporate Era for a more complex game. With the addition of new cards, including 2 new corporations, focused on economy and technology, you will discover one of the most strategic variants of the game!
• Solo Challenge: Finish terraforming Mars before the end of generation 14. Try new rules and features in the most challenging Solo mode on the (red) planet.
Languages available: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish
To find more information about Asmodee Digital, please go to http://www.asmodee-digital.com/
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/
Find all the latest news for Terraforming Mars on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube!
- Power Infrastructure (194) action is now functional in all cases
- Protected Habitat (173) is functional in all cases
- When the AI plays the Flooding card (188), the condition for removing 4MC from other players is fixed
- The server disconnection when switching to another app or when putting the app into background no longer occurs
- During an online game, two users can no longer have the same Corporation
- The user is notified when kicked out of a game due to a timeout when outside of that game
- When adding an offline player to your friend list, the player detail UI is now updated
- The VP icon no longer overlaps the descriptive text of the card when it is displayed in large format
- Arrows misplacement issues and “Next” button visual corruption are fixed during the tutorial flow
- The online services code has been rewritten to improve stability
- Reduction of the flashing effect on the top information during a game
- Player Clock default value is set to 2 hours for both Private and Public online games
- A message is displayed when a player is replaced by an AI after his clock ended
- Few tutorial UX/UI improvements
- Unable to see the result of an online game, if the player is not online when the game ends
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good adaptation but with some bugs
It is a good adaptation of the board game but there are a couple of necessary features missing. First the game definitely needs a redo button that takes you back to the start of your turn. Second, there are several places where a question of “Are you sure?” Would help. The game has a few but needs more. For example a card played by one of my opponents gave me a microbe to distribute to one of my cards that accepted microbes. I liked the selection that was preselected for me so went to press the OK button at the bottom of the screen but missed it by a hair and lost the microbe. There was no way to correct that micro-miss by my finger.
On to bugs. I must say that Asmodee is fixing them fairly quickly. Here is a particularly annoying one that is still around. Card #194, Power Infrastructure, does not work. You can buy the card and can pay to play it, but when you use the action it is supposed to convert the number of energy you specify into MegaCredits. It correctly limits your selection of energy from 1 to the maximum amount of energy you have, but regardless of how much you specify, nothing gets converted. Your energy and MC totals do not change, however the action correctly sets itself inactive for the rest of that generation. Also, if you have no energy, the action is, correctly, unavailable. Everything works except the conversion!
I hope they fix this one soon.
Great adaptation of the real thing
Hey devs, I hope you’re doing well and thanks for all your hard work on making my favorite board game available for my iOS devices. I’ve literally played this game hundreds of times irl and online and I would like to ask if it would be possible to let the user decide the time restraints based off of 15 min intervals. So if I wanted to set the game for 1 hour and 15 min it would be easy to do so. Also there have been plenty of games where I was just moments away from seeing the score and I timed out and I felt like 2 hours of my life were wasted. Would it be possible to allow your opponents to grant you more time when you’re going to time out? Especially in private games when I’m playing with my friends. And finally there have been public games were my opponent leaves mid game with over half an hour left on his timer. I then have to wait half an hour for his timer to run out before the AI takes over. Can you give players a 5 min window to make their move and if they don’t make it they forfeit their rounds for that generation?
I also wanted you to know that I would be willing to pay extra to play with the expansions.
good game with multiplayer bugs
Overall, the game runs really well on single player mode. Multiplayer is not really stable.
First the good. Terraforming Mars is an awesome board game! The digital board is gorgeous and everything is intuitive if you’ve played the board game before. I really like the fact that bookkeeping is completely handled for you. The actions tab lets you see how many possible actions you or your opponent have left. This is all fantastic and an improvement over the physical board game.
With that said, multiplayer is deeply flawed due to bugs. The karma system is meaningless with the current bugs in place. Games will hang or you will get kicked out while a robot takes you actions. I’ve found that when this happens you can’t log back on and take control. If you forfeit you will lose karma, which keeps you from getting desirable matches going forward. Since the games are typically 75 to 90 minutes long even in digital mode, this is a big drawback. I haven’t dropped intentionally for the last few days but keep losing karma to these issues. In addition, I haven’t been able to figure out how you add a friend online. If the multiplayer issues were fixed, this would be 5 star app for sure. With these bugs, I can only give it 3 stars as multiplayer can be very frustrating to play. You can get a real match in here and there but my success rate has only been around 50%.
Developer Response ,
For your information we just released a patch to fix saved issues. Games with the Draft mode will now be properly saved and able to be resumed after closing the app. If you find additional bug, do not hesitate to share with us here https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/terraforming-mars/ Don't forget to specify your device.
Thank you for your help.
Asmodee Digital Crew
- Asmodee Digital
- 274.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Asmodee Digital 2019. © FryxGames 2016. Terraforming Mars™ is a trademark of FryxGames.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.