SET YOUR PRICES, BUY, SELL, BUILD, AND MAKE CHOICES BECAUSE ONLY ONE CLAN CHIEFTAIN WILL WIN
Five clans are fighting to rule over the Isle of Skye. Only the chieftain who develops the best clan territory and trades wisely will be king!
When leaving your castle, build up the Isle of Skye by adding green hills, perfect beaches and mountain ranges. Raise livestock, produce precious whisky, build forts and ships... Expand your territory tile by tile, pay to keep hold of your tiles or sell them to an opponent for the price you've set... Tile price setting, purchases, sales, and structures are the key to becoming the ruler of the Isle of Skye!
Every game is different and will see you developing different strategies and tactics! With changeability and easy to learn rules, Isle of Skye is the perfect game for all types of players.
• Both simple and tactical game mechanics, adapted from the award-winning Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King board game by Andreas Pelikan & Alexander Pfister
• 1 to 5 players
• Play in single-player with challenging computer opponents, against your friends in local multiplayer, or face clans from all over the world in online mode!
• Choice of objectives: Select 4 of 16 different objectives for a unique gameplay that changes every time
• Learn the rules with our Interactive tutorial or even watch games of the top players on your device!
• Take your time in asynchronous game mode with push notifications and never miss a turn.
• See fabulous illustrations by Klemens Franz, which make for a true Scottish atmosphere!
Awards for the original board game
• 2016 UK Games Expo Best Boardgame Winner
• 2016 Tric Trac Nominee
• 2016 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
• 2016 Kennerspiel des Jahres Nominee
• 2016 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
• 2015 Meeples' Choice Nominee
• 2015 Jocul Anului în România Beginners Finalist
• 2015 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
• 2015 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
• 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
• 2015 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee
Available languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese, Italian.
To find more information about Asmodee Digital, please go to http://www.asmodee-digital.com/
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/
Find all the latest news for Isle of Skye on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube!
- Fixes for the More Games menu
Ratings and Reviews
Updated but still needs help
Update 8/13: Another update and the loading hangup switching between games still isn’t fixed :(
Update 8/6: upon 10 more plays, everything is not perfect. The screen does a perma-load (LOADING) sometimes and you often need to login back in. I have also noticed +- buttons missing when trying to set tile prices. Lastly, it is sometimes difficult to acquire the tile into your possession. Sometimes only after 3 or 4 tries. Add a double click option to acquire? Thanks
Looks like the launch issues were fixed because this played perfect for me. One of the top 5 favorite games that I own. Graphics are true to the physical game, bidding works great, online asynchronous, local, and ai play options make it great. Similar to Patchwork, the game allows you to cycle through your async games quickly. Get this!
Developer Response ,
We're so pleased that you have enjoyed the game. have fun and good luck in becoming the king!
Works, sort of . . .
There are a few bugs and glitches. This game hasn't been updated in years. It's pretty much abandonware at this point, so nothing is getting fixed anymore. The glitches and bugs don't bother me as much, nor the slow gameplay. What annoys me the most is the game A.I. Online multiplayer is pretty much not an option, being messy and hard to find a steady game. So I play offline. Easy and medium A.I. are brain dead, so I play against hard. Now this is where I have the problems . First is the A.I. is not trying to win, but make you lose. They will work together to screw you. An example that has happened a few time is I've set my tiles at a high price that none of the A.I. can buy, so the first two A.I. will buy useless tiles from the second two, which allows the second two buy both my tiles. My second problem is the tiles seem to favor the A.I. more. Tiles the A.I. needs have a higher frequency of appearance, while tiles you need have a lower chance of appearing. I don't know if this is real, but it has happened in the majority of games I've played.
I want this so desperately to work
As a huge fan of the tabletop version, I bought this game as soon as it launched and right away found that local games with a guest glitch out into the 2nd round making it impossible to continue the game. Every. Single. Time. It will swap tiles between me and the guest and disallow anyone to place anything. The game itself does not freeze, I can open History or view the rules or menu, but I am barred from continuing on with the game, even with the wrong tiles. Without fail, every time.
The game functions fine enough most of the time if I play against just AI (sometimes I cannot drag my tiles onto the board), but I didn’t buy this game to play against predictable AI, nor do I understand this apps focus on online p2p competition. A useless feature as far as I’m concerned. There are few truly multiplayer games for iOS, and with each update I hope this VERY OBVIOUS bug is fixed, because frankly how has anyone on the dev team not tested this feature? If it worked occasionally I could understand the oversight but nearly 6 months on the market and the most important feature doesn’t even work.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Asmodee Digital
- 207.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Digital game published by Twin Sails Interactive, developed by Digidiced and created by Lookout Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.