“Rides, and Car Cash, and Points, and Perks, oh my!”. With more features than any other transportation app in the world, we come bearing gifts (many).
The Carmel app is where 35 years of ground transportation experience meet the latest technology. Booking a car, taxi, or limo made easy. The ride is safe, fun, and rewarding (yes, rewarding). Need a ride? Just Carmel it!
• Comes with $36 ($6 X 6 trip types) free Car Cash to use immediately.
• Sign in via Facebook or with your Carmel credentials.
• Safety Ping - Carmel inversion of passenger to driver electronic-coupling to assure you are stepping into the right car, yours.
• Personalize pointer with your picture inside.
• Book a car On-Demand, or for later like no other app on the market.
• Quick access Airport button displaying the three airports closest to you.
• Receive a binding quotation prior to your ride taking place.
• Easily post your trip to your smartphone calendar.
• Receive information about the driver, the vehicle, and the regulatory body it is licensed by in each city we service.
• Watch your car as it approaches.
• Rate your driver
• Earn Carmel Points when using Carmel
• Earn Airline Miles for each ride
• Enjoy Carmel Perks all over town
• Select "Auto-Charge" and we will never ask you for your credit card information again.
• Automatically store your favorite addresses and favorite trip for easy future bookings.
• Provide an In Case of Emergency (ICE) number and be informed of all apps activity by your loved one.
• Ask and receive a special discount in any city we service even if we are not currently promoting it.
• Spread the word about Carmel and earn Car Cash.
The Carmel App gives you access to the best fleet of affiliated vehicles anywhere in the world at unbeatable prices.
The Carmel App - Don't leave home without it!
• Improved safety features
Ratings and Reviews
Carmel App First Time User
This was my first time using Carmel and I reserved it a week in advance to take me from JFK to Times Square on a Wednesday at around 2pm. When I got to passenger pickup and used the app to Show Me My Car it just spun and spun and spun and spun and spun - well you get the idea. Granted I was using T-Mobile but I shouldn’t place blame there since the Carmel app did this same thing the next time I used it as well. Anyhow when the driver arrived he was super friendly, got out and put luggage in trunk for us. The car was a bit warm for me but fine for my wife and daughter. It was a good ride for my first time experience. I didn’t rate excellent only because of the fact I had to call since the app just kept spinning and spinning.
One thing I really like about the app is the ability to send a Safety Ping to the driver as you get in the car. I did this and it gives you peace of mind that you are in fact getting in the correct vehicle and it is a Carmel driver.
Please note: “This is my review but I am awarded $10 Car cash from Carmel for sharing it"
Consistent dependable great service
First and foremost I must issue disclaimer which is that I am awarded $10 Car cash from Carmel for sharing my review.
I recently moved back to CT area and started using Carmel rather than drive to the airport. I came to try Carmel unexpectedly because when I landed on my move over (rather back) from abroad, my company had forgotten to book my car service. I was emotional from leaving my home abroad and then the feeling of being alone and stranded (no phone and it was a Saturday morning so no one on email) at JFK was almost to much to bear. JFK staff directed me to the car service phones and Carmel was the company that I rang and within 10 minutes they were there and took me up to my new (former) home. Since then I have used them several times and tonight I landed at LGA and plan was to take metro north back to CT but I saw there were track issues creating one hour delays so I tried to the Carmel app to do an immediate pickup. Again, within 10 minutes my driver was picking me up.
I appreciate the ease of booking with Carmel via the app and every driver I have had has been professional and courteous. I definitely will stick with this service going forward, i feel secure in the quality of the services delivered by the drivers and their customer service on the phone
Great Trip, Very Pleased!
I booked a minivan for me, my husband and infant from Manhattan to New Jersey. At first I was sceptical because the price was literally half that of Uber or Lyft, but to my surprise the trip was flawless! Our driver Jackie was right on time with a spotless shiny new minivan. He even in stalled our car seat for us as my hands were with the baby. He got us to our destination quickly and safely with no issue. I am very grateful for his assistance with our baby, all of our luggage, and his happy and friendly demeanor. I booked the trip conveniently using the Carmel app. I paid the base fare at the time of booking and paid cash in the car for tip and tolls. There was no surprises, only tip was due in the car and I left a hefty tip as well to show our appreciation for his help. Thank you Jackie! And thanks, Carmel! By the way, I call customer service twice prior to the trip. Once because I had questions about using my car seat and the second time because my printer wasn’t printing the reservation voucher. Both times I got a helpful and courteous rep on the phone in under a minute! So, I found our new mode of transportation around the city! This is my review but I am awarded $10 Car cash from Carmel for sharing it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.