Unlock the potential of your compatible* camera with Cascable. Built for professional and amateur photographers alike, Cascable is the best tool available for working with your camera in the field — whether it's remote control and image import via WiFi, or super-fast image import via USB.
Cascable will prove to be an essential part of your toolkit!
——— Features ———
• Full control of your camera’s exposure settings right at your fingertips (WiFi only).
• Take timelapses, perform exposure bracketing and more with the built-in Shutter Robot automation tool (WiFi only).
• Create, edit and manage geotags with Cascable's beautiful geotagging map view and powerful automatic tagging tools**.
• Work smart in low-light conditions with an app-wide night theme.
• Put your shutter right on your wrist with the included Apple Watch app. Makes group shots a breeze! (WiFi only)
• Download full-resolution images straight from your camera via WiFi or USB one at a time or in batches.
• View, share and export your photos at full resolution (including RAW files***) right from your iOS device.
• Apply adjustments to your images for exporting and sharing with Quick Proof.
• Connect to a TV using AirPlay or HDMI and view your photos on the big screen for easy and fast reviewing.
• Using an neutral density filter or taking photos of the stars? Built-in calculators perform tricky exposure calculations in a snap.
• Cascable is designed to be fast, intuitive and powerful and provides a fully featured experience on all supported iPod touch, iPhone and iPad models.
• More information on Cascable’s features can be found on the Cascable website, http://cascable.se.
——— Made for You, the Photographer ———
Cascable is designed with the photographer in mind, and will only get better over time. If you have questions, need help or have a feature request, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.
——— In-App Purchases and Subscriptions ———
Some features require the purchase of Cascable Pro, available as a one-off In-App Purchase or as a subscription. There are two Cascable Pro subscriptions:
- 1 month costs $2.99.
- 3 months costs $5.99.
Should you choose to subscribe to Cascable Pro, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours prior to it running out and you can manage it from User Settings in iTunes after purchasing it, and you'll also be able to cancel the auto-renewing subscription from there.
——— Notes ———
* When using USB, Cascable supports cameras that support the industry-standard PTP protocol. When using WiFi, Cascable supports WiFi-equipped cameras from the following model ranges:
- Canon EOS, PowerShot and IXUS/ELPH,
- Fujifilm X and Finepix,
- Nikon D,
- Olympus OM-D, PEN, and SH,
- Panasonic LUMIX.
- Sony Alpha, HX, RX, and NEX.
For more information and detailed compatibility notes, see the Cascable website.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
*** Excluding Fujifilm, IXUS/ELPH models and certain older Panasonic/PowerShot models. See the Cascable website for details.
Canon, EOS, PowerShot, IXUS and ELPH are trademarks of Canon Inc.
Fujifilm and Finepix are trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation.
Olympus, Olympus PEN, STYLUS and OM-D are trademarks of Olympus Corporation.
Nikon is a trademark of Nikon Corporation.
NEX, RX and α are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Uses the Camera Remote API by Sony.
Full-featured USB tethering and remote control for Canon EOS cameras (requires iOS 14.2) — a world first on iOS — and much more! Full release notes below.
- Added full-featured USB tethering (for cameras that support it), remote control, and image transfer for Canon EOS cameras if you're running iOS 14.2 or higher. More cameras will be coming in the future!
- Added support for the EOS R5, R6, 850D/T8i, and M50 Mark II.
- Added support for HEIF images as shot by newer camera models, like the EOS R5 and R6.
- Added the ability to take photos using the volume button on your iOS device, just like in other camera apps.
- Added support for the iPhone 12 family of devices as well as iOS 14.
- 5.2.1 fixes a problem where some cameras would never finish the connection process.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Problems with Intervalometer Interval SOLVED
Update: The developers quickly responded to me and explained that the bulb timer mode is what works for what I was going for. Awesome customer service and great app, now that it works for astro I’m stoked!
Original: Awesome app, way better than other camera control apps. However, I bought the pro version so that I could use the intervalometer for astrophotography, and it doesn’t work how it should. After going to the robot mode and selecting intervalometer, it lets you set a time interval to wait between the set number of exposures (or time, depending on your settings) that you’re taking them. I have found that the only thing that this interval does is wait that amount of time before taking the first picture, and the the other pictures all take back-to-back with no pause to let the sensor cool. Fix this and it would be about perfect!
Developer Response ,
That setting is the time between the beginning of each shot (since in many auto modes, Cascable has no idea what the shutter speed will be). For long exposures (like at night), you'll need to take into account the shutter speed as well — or, use the bulb timer.
Still using it 1 year later
Using Cascable for real estate photography and occasional portrait shoot. Works smoothly with workflow. Wish I knew what WiFi extender could help speed up transfers (currently 4-8 seconds on Nikon D5300. Also I wish there was bracketing feature. Sometimes the image fails to show in preview. Sometimes focus doesn’t work and have to reset. This could be unrelated, could be a power issue with camera.
UPDATE: I just went through the recipes tutorial. This type of complex repetitive programming is just what I was hoping for. Could be a game changer. It seems bracketing IS available and much more I just never knew it! Only thing I would fix is the scrolling, I often scroll up/down 2 or 3 stops quickly and go way past the setting I want. Reminds me of Wheel of Fortune. I think they used to have a way to quick scroll by keeping finger on the screen.
I wish it had more of the camera's features available but this software works pretty well. Sometimes a little cranky and slow at connecting to the camera. Sometimes when I go into and then back out of one of the function menus, the software crashes and exits to the iOS home screen. BUT. In manual mode I can set ISO, shutter speed and aperture from the phone. If it was not for the crashes and the slow connecting. This would be a five star review. I would be nice to have the real time light meter from the camera it sort of has one but you can't see it while adjusting settings
- Cascable AB
- 71 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016–2020 Cascable AB
- In-App Purchases
- Cascable Pro $5.99
- Cascable Pro $2.99
- Cascable Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.