Cascable can take a good camera and make it amazing by helping you control and automate its functions right from your iPhone or iPad. You can even transfer your photos from it, all from one app.
Compatible with more than 200 different cameras* from the biggest manufacturers, Cascable connects via WiFi and USB* for super-fast image importing and much more.
Whether you're a photography master or an eager hobbyist, Cascable is the app your camera has been missing.
- Full control of your camera's exposure and other settings right from your iPhone or iPad.
- Support for timelapses, exposure bracketing, and more with built-in automation tools.
- Apple Watch support for controlling your camera's shutter — perfect for capturing those group shots!
- TV output via both AirPlay and HDMI, making it easier to share your photos with others.
- Built-in calculators for exposure and other features – great for astrophotography and more.
- Fast and easy downloading of full resolution images (including RAW**) directly to your iPhone or iPad.
- Powerful drag-and-drop automation for creating complex and unique timelapse sequences and so much more.
- Support for flash drives and SSDs for more flexible media storage options.
- A zero-tap backup option so you'll never lose a photo again.
- A single, unified interface regardless of the camera you use — no more learning curves when you buy a new camera!
* Available features vary depending on camera model and connection method. When using USB, Cascable can import images from any camera that supports the industry-standard PTP protocol, and can fully remote control and automate Canon EOS and Nikon cameras. When using WiFi, Cascable supports WiFi or Ethernet equipped cameras from the following model ranges:
- Canon EOS, PowerShot and IXUS/ELPH,
- Fujifilm X and Finepix,
- Nikon D,
- Olympus OM-D, PEN, and SH,
- Panasonic LUMIX,
- Phase One IQ4 with the XT or XF camera system,
- Sony Alpha, HX, RX, and NEX.
** Fujifilm, IXUS/ELPH models and certain older Panasonic/PowerShot models don't support RAW image transfer over WiFi. See the Cascable website for details.
Cascable Pro is required to unlock some additional features. Cascable Pro is available as a one-time purchase or subscription – whichever you prefer.
There are two Cascable Pro subscription periods to choose from.
- 1 month costs $4.99.
- 1 year costs $29.99.
Canon, EOS, PowerShot, IXUS and ELPH are trademarks of Canon Inc.
Fujifilm and Finepix are trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation.
Olympus, Olympus PEN, STYLUS and OM-D are trademarks of Olympus Corporation.
Nikon is a trademark of Nikon Corporation.
NEX, RX and α are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Uses the Camera Remote API by Sony.
This update improves image transfer performance from Nikon cameras, improves compatibility with a number of Canon cameras (including the EOS R3!), and contains a few minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Problems with Intervalometer Interval SOLVED
Update: The developers quickly responded to me and explained that the bulb timer mode is what works for what I was going for. Awesome customer service and great app, now that it works for astro I’m stoked!
Original: Awesome app, way better than other camera control apps. However, I bought the pro version so that I could use the intervalometer for astrophotography, and it doesn’t work how it should. After going to the robot mode and selecting intervalometer, it lets you set a time interval to wait between the set number of exposures (or time, depending on your settings) that you’re taking them. I have found that the only thing that this interval does is wait that amount of time before taking the first picture, and the the other pictures all take back-to-back with no pause to let the sensor cool. Fix this and it would be about perfect!
Developer Response ,
That setting is the time between the beginning of each shot (since in many auto modes, Cascable has no idea what the shutter speed will be). For long exposures (like at night), you'll need to take into account the shutter speed as well — or, use the bulb timer.
Still using it 1 year later
Using Cascable for real estate photography and occasional portrait shoot. Works smoothly with workflow. Wish I knew what WiFi extender could help speed up transfers (currently 4-8 seconds on Nikon D5300. Also I wish there was bracketing feature. Sometimes the image fails to show in preview. Sometimes focus doesn’t work and have to reset. This could be unrelated, could be a power issue with camera.
UPDATE: I just went through the recipes tutorial. This type of complex repetitive programming is just what I was hoping for. Could be a game changer. It seems bracketing IS available and much more I just never knew it! Only thing I would fix is the scrolling, I often scroll up/down 2 or 3 stops quickly and go way past the setting I want. Reminds me of Wheel of Fortune. I think they used to have a way to quick scroll by keeping finger on the screen.
Nice concept, not so good execution
I love the concept of this app, but it has several main flaws.
1. It freezes a lot. When connecting to my Fujifilm X-E2. It sometimes works in the beginning, after a while, it freezes, and I have to shut down the app and my camera and reconnect.
2. Shutter and aperture adjustment in the app has a major problem, almost every time I adjust shutter and aperture in Cascable, it first works ok, EV on live view changes, then it just stop working, in my case no matter how I adjust shutter value in Cascable, it jumps back to 25sec, similar situation when I adjust aperture value, and EV won’t change anymore. I’ve tried to set aperture value to ‘auto’, shutter value to ‘auto’ or ‘bulb’ on my Fujifilm X-E2, but still all the same.
3. Geotagging in China might have a problem. Chinese government asks map providers to “shift” locations on every map in China for a certain distance (because of national security reason blah blah blah), after geotagging with Cascable, locations where I actually take pictures is a distance away from those on the map in Cascable. I believe the location info is correctly geotagged onto the photos, it’s just shown incorrectly on the map in Cascable due to that Chinese government problem. There’s an app ‘Fog of World’ and it had the same problem before, then the developer solved it, maybe Cascable developer can write FoG a letter.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cascable AB
- 66.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016–2022 Cascable AB
- In-App Purchases
- Cascable Pro (Quarterly) $7.99
- Cascable Pro (Monthly) $4.99
- Cascable Pro (No Subscription) $59.99
- Cascable Pro (Yearly) $29.99
- Cascable Pro (Legacy) $59.99
- Complete My Bundle $14.99
- Complete My Bundle $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.