LEARN MICROBIOLOGY IN THE CONTEXT OF REAL-LIFE PATIENTS AND PREPARE FOR THE USMLE STEP 1 - Experience with clinical cases is key to excelling on the USMLE Step 1 and shelf exams, and ultimately to providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files: Microbiology provides 54 true-to-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in this field. Each case includes an easy-to understand discussion correlated to essential basic science concepts, definitions of key terms, microbiology pearls, and USMLE-style review questions. With Case Files, you'll learn instead of memorize.
-Learn from 54 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions and key-point pearls
-Master complex concepts through clear and concise discussions
-Practice with review questions to reinforce learning
-Polish your approach to clinical problem-solving
-Perfect for medical and dental students preparing for course exams and the Boards
This free application includes 1 sample case study from the 54 that are available through an in-app purchase of $29.99 of Case Files Microbiology.
Each case has been designed for the iPad and iPhone with interactive features:
• Study/Exam/Bookmark modes with USMLE-style review questions.
• In the Study mode, check the answers as you tackle the questions.
• In the Exam mode, time yourself and review the answers after the time is up.
• In the Bookmark mode, review only the questions you have flagged for further study.
• File away correctly answered questions after each practice quiz.
• Choose the number of questions in each practice quiz: 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, or all.
• Opt to include questions from previous quizzes.
• Learn further from interactive questions at the end of each case, with explanations.
• Sort cases by name or by case number.
• Take down notes using the Notes section for each case.
• Study in horizontal or vertical mode on the iPhone and the iPad.
• Store quiz scores to track your progress.
• Highlight key points in cases.
• Save to iCloud to use app on multiple devices
• Choose preferred font sizes
• Create tags
• Search content
About the Authors
Eugene C. Toy, MD is a dual certified family physician and ob/gyn and is Academic Chief and Program Director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas. He also oversees the ob/gyn clerkship at Christus St. Joseph Hospital and is actively involved in teaching medical students.
Cynthia R. Skinner DeBord, PhD is a member of the Adjunct Faculty in Biology at Tomball College in Tomball, Texas. She was formerly the microbiology course director at UT–Houston School of Medicine.
Audrey Wanger, PhD is Associate Professor at the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at The University of Texas–Houston Medical School in Houston, Texas.
Gilbert A. Castro, PhD is Vice President for Health Affairs and Vice President for Academic Affairs at The University of Texas at El Paso in El Paso, Texas.
Donald Briscoe, MD is the Program Director of Family Practice Residency at The Methodist Hospital–Houston in Houston, Texas.
James D. Kettering, PhD is Emeritus Professor of Microbiology at Loma Linda University Schools of Medicine and Dentistry in Loma Linda, California.
Updated to latest OS
New splash pages and icons
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Expanded Apps, Inc.
- 13 MB
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2020 Expanded Apps, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Microbiology High Yield Clinical Cases & Review Questions $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.