* Follow @MyCashflowApp on Twitter!
Cashflows helps you forecast future balances of your bank accounts. It's simple to set up and requires minimal effort to maintain.
Tell it about your recurring transactions (including transfers between accounts) and future one-time transactions, and let it estimate your account balances months (or years) into the future.
It's not interested in the past, so there's no need to enter or maintain your transaction history.
It shows your account transactions and balances over time and lets you override individual payment dates and amounts. Quickly toggle payments on and off to see how they impact your future balances. The graph updates immediately with any changes you make.
Update the starting balance occasionally, and it'll show you which transactions are still due. If any have already occurred (or are late) just tap to toggle them on or off.
- Multiple accounts: Add multiple accounts and set up recurring or manual transfers between them.
- Recurring transactions: Supports recurring transactions with start date, end date (optional) and many recurrence options.
- Warning balance: Set a warning balance for an account and see at a glance when your balance is below it.
- Interactive forecast graph: Shows your future balance over time, highlighting warning balance and negative regions; tap the graph for a closer look at the nearby transactions.
- Reports: Create PDF or XML reports and send them by email or to your Dropbox account.
- iCloud Sync with Cashflows for Mac.
- Generate reports in PDF, CSV or XML
- Backup and restore your data to Dropbox or iTunes.
* Planning Future Purchases:
This is a great tool for forecasting payments for a future loan, mortgage or car lease. Create a recurring transaction for the payment amount, fill in the first and last payment dates and see how it affects your balance. Make adjustments to figure out what you can afford.
* Planning for Change:
You might have a recurring bill that increases annually (such as health insurance). Simply create another recurring transaction to represent the increased payment and set its start date appropriately, and adjust the end date of the original transaction. You'll immediately see how it affects your finances in the future.
* Planning for Uncertainty:
The forecasts are only as accurate as you need them to be. If you plan to pay a minimum amount per month onto your credit card, set that up as a recurring transaction. Once you decide how much you want to pay this month, just override the forecast amount. You can always edit or delete the override later.
* Getting Out of Debt:
This app can help you get out of debt, and figure out how long it will take. Enter a recurring transaction between your checking / current and loan / credit account for the minimum amount you intend to pay each month. Extend the forecast period (tap "More" at the bottom of the Forecast page) and then look at the Balance Graphs for your accounts. If you can afford to pay extra in a few months, override that month's payment (or create a one-time transaction for the additional amount). You'll instantly see the effect on your checking / current balance, loan balance and when the loan will be repaid.
MOVING FROM TOTAL CASHFLOW?:
1. In Total Cashflow, go to Sync -> Export to iTunes
2. In iTunes on Mac or PC (with device connected and selected) go to Apps, then find Cashflow HD / Cashflow under “File Sharing”
3. Select the "MyCashflow.xml” file, then click “Save to…” and select a suitable folder
4. Browse to the folder and rename the file Cashflows.xml
5. Select Cashflows under “File Sharing” (Cashflows has a “thinner” icon than Cashflow HD / Cashflow)
6.Click “Add…” and select the new Cashflows.xml file
7. In Cashflows, go to Sync -> Import from iTunes
If you prefer, email us at email@example.com for Dropbox migration instructions.
- Fixed crash on "Add manual transaction" (iPad)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Prevents Future Overdrafts
I’ve been tracking my account balance and monitoring our account forecast using this app for a few years now and I find it invaluable. Recurring expenses are added automatically and it’s easy to add one-time expenses or change dates or amounts of recurring expenses (ex. the power bill). I try to keep my nickel-and-dime expenses on a single credit card, so I only enter one transaction. I settle up against my bank balance every week or two. This app allows me to instantly see the ramifications of an expense months into the future. I can easily see if I’ll have money in my account 6 months out for a vacation as long as my bills and expenses are consistent. One glitch that gas popped up lately is the forecast needs to be refreshed to show more than one month out. It’s an easy fix, but wondering if the app is being maintained for iPhone updates. Thanks!
Look no further
I have been using this app for a long time now. It will become an invaluable staple to the apps on your phone. No other app that I know of will give you the information as neatly and cleanly as this one does. The developer is awesome and easy to work with you. As an example I get my Social Security on every fourth Wednesday. No app that I have ever looked can do that particular recovering feature. I emailed the developer and he worked with me to put in an icalendar feature so I can do that particular function. This app I consider a must have.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Greatly appreciated :)
Awesome App!, simple, efficient, clean
I literally depend on this app to project my expenses and income for months ahead! The view where you see your lowest and max cash days allows to prevent reds in the future by taking decisions today! You know exactly what you have at any given time now or in any future day if you project and put your recurrent expenses and incomes monthly. Very grateful for this app, very basic, simple and has just the features it needs. Love it!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.