With the Casper Glow app, customize your Glow to set the perfect light that gets you fully relaxed for bedtime:
Set Your Light Just Right
- For bedtime reading to nighttime rituals, with 5 settings, you can tune the overall brightness of your Glow to enjoy a better bedtime
Schedule A Wake-Up
- Set a time for Glow to turn on in the morning, and wake up naturally to a warm, soothing light.
Control Your Glow
- Turn Glow on and off right from the app.
Sync Up For More Magic
- Sync multiple Glow lights together with the app for your own personal light show.
Give It A Name
- You know you want to.
Updated wake-up functionality
• Ability to set different wake-up times for each day
• Ability to set multiple wake-up times for each Glow
• Updated 'set wake time' screen that shows when Glow will start waking up and when it will be at it's brightest
• Glow lights that are scheduled to wake up together will show up as a group in the wake-up list view instead of showing up individually.
• Fixed a reliability issue that required a factory reset in the past.
• Fixed synced wake up behavior interaction among grouped Glows waking up together.
• We handle time zone changes as long as the app connects in the new time zone
• We handle STD/DST changes. We handle this based on the most recent time zone information from the app, but the app does not have to be connected during the cutover.
Firmware update: 1.7.0
Ratings and Reviews
Scheduled daily wake-up times please!
My Glow arrived last Monday and I’ve loved it!! It truly has transformed my bedtime ritual. I’ll pick up a physical book and read by the light’s warm glow until it dims off and I feel sleepy. Huge improvement over scrolling for 90 minutes before bed. I am NOT a morning person and this cute little thing has gotten me up on time and in a great mood every day this week! I used to snooze 4-5 times 😱 every morning, and now I hop up ready to go and I’m much more efficient in the mornings because I feel awake.
I was all 5 stars on this thing until today - Saturday - when it woke me up at 5:40am 😑. The morning wake-up time is all or nothing. You cannot differentiate between weekdays and weekends, or schedule different times for different days. Just 5:40am every day (or whichever time you choose), or zero. Or you can trust yourself to remember to turn it on or off every evening before bed, but ain’t nobody got time for that 💃🏼.
Help Casper! I need my weekend beauty sleep!
Developer Response ,
Hi there - Thanks so much for the feedback. As we continue to improve and iterate on the experience, we are hoping to implement this feature very soon. Stay tuned!
Doesn’t Quite Behave as Expected
The Glow’s sunset/sunrise is a nice FEATURE, but is overemphasized IMO. Casper really want you to use these as sleep/wake tools but they are also really good smart, portable lamps. But they should A) make them more usable as basic smart lights and B) surface the most common controls.
Suggestions: 1. Allow differentiation between days of the week. Currently the alarm is 7 days a week or nothing! 2. App should ALWAYS be able to control the lights. Once a “sunrise” starts, the lights sometimes become uncontrollable via the app and you can only physically operate them (inconvenient if not at your bedside). 3. IMO the app’s home page (or even Quick Actions) should surface the following to the VERY top and at least optionally override scheduled behavior: on/off, brightness slider, cancel sunrise, and snooze sunrise. Using one’s lights shouldn’t require sub-menus 4) If turning on manually via the app, auto Dimming timer should be opt-in rather than opt-out (ie hitting the “Pause” button). Sometimes I want them on for a few hours. My 2 cents. The hardware is great but it takes some head scratching to understand their behavior; getting them to behave like “normal” lights is hard to achieve as-is.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - Thanks so much. As we continue to improve and iterate on Glow, will keep this feedback in mind!
Great potential, barely customizable
I bought a pair of these and just set them up but sadly this is not the product I was thinking it would be. Luckily it can be fixed if Casper added the necessary ability through the app. Question is how long that will take before I return them.
The biggest and most glaring isssue is that as soon as you turn these on it starts the dimming process unless you pause it. Ideally I just want to have them turn on either manually by flipping it or pushing a button (like a normal bedroom lamp) as well as have a set time to turn on automatically (through the app) and then set a bed time that will start the dimming process. Right now there’s no way to do any of this. If there is then I can’t figure it out and it’s rather disappointing. It seems like you’d want this functionality before you even ship it.
It definitely feels like these changes can be implemented but it’s unclear if that is even in the works. If not then these aren’t right for me and I’ll have to return them and look elsewhere - but I really want these so it’s sad.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. I’m sorry to hear about this experience. As we continue to improve and iterate on Glow, will keep this feedback in mind!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.