"Catan", the legendary strategy game provides gaming fun anytime, anywhere.
True to the original game, you can compete with up to four players for the most settlements, the longest roads and the largest army. You can trade with each other and claim the precious land with all its resources.
Challenge other Catan fans online via cross-platform multiplayer to prove your strategy skills or play against the AI:
Various computer opponents, each with their own individual characteristics, will prove themselves worthy competitors: the pirate Jean, who knows no compromise, Vincent the merchant, who never allows himself to be cheated, Sean the knight, who takes what is rightfully his...
The popular Catan expansions "Seafarers", "Cities and Knights" and two new special scenarios are available as In-App purchases.
The complete Seafarers expansion includes more than 10 additional scenarios with an extensive campaign. Become Harbormaster, discover new islands and extra game elements like ships, gold fields, treasures and pirates. Ahoy!
The Cities and Knights expansion introduces various new gameplay mechanics that add even more variety to Catan. Invest new trade goods in city improvements to build one of the three metropolises of Catan – but beware of the barbarians attracted by Catan’s new wealth! You’ll need your best knights to fend them off! C&K contains a short campaign and 7 challenging maps.
Exciting adventures await you in the two new scenarios "Enchanted Land" and "The Great Canal". Vanquish dragons and bag their treasures or build a canal to help barren grain fields bloom once more.
- Available languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese
- Original "Settlers of Catan" rule set
- Update 4.0+: Synchronous online multiplayer games
- Smart computer opponents with individual strategies
- Scrollable game board including zoom option
- Freely combinable game settings
- Game statistics
- Comprehensive tutorial
- Seafarers LITE: New scenario "The 4 Islands" and two additional game variants
- Cities and Knights LITE: Test the new expansion in the scenario "The first Island"
- 3 different graphic sets to choose from
Question: An expansion seems gone after an update or reinstallation of Catan or after restoring the device?
Answer: Don’t worry, your initial purchase is already saved in your iTunes account. You can restore your InApp purchases by selecting the restore-option in the Catan IAP menu.
Question: I lost my campaign progress after reinstalling, updating or restoring my device. Is there any way to restore it?
Answer: When saved games can’t be automatically restored, we’ve integrated a cheat code: In the campaign mode go to select player and enter "CatanWarp*" (* = 1–15) as your player name and confirm. Exit the game via the home button and restart it. The campaign can now be continued from the specified level number (1–15). Levels up to the specified number will be unlocked in the custom game mode as well.
Question: Are dice rolls really random?
Answer: Of course! All dice rolls are 100% random and not modified in any way. We’re avid Catan players ourselves. We’ve played the iOS version hundreds of times while developing the program. There have been times when we won and lost a few games in a row because of the dice - just like when playing the board game!
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your feedback!
For more information on news and updates: www.usmgames.com
or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and twitter.com/USM_News
Catan Classic HD 4.7.5:
Catan Classic HD now runs on iOS 14 devices again
Ratings and Reviews
I love this game but there are a few things really frustrating with this app. I play the game every day, so I do love it. It just could be better. Hoping my comments can make it into future developments.
(1) in selecting the choice to join a quick game, you have no idea what the game parameters are, and if you dont want to play the game you are randomly assigned you need to exit completely from the area. It would be MUCH more beneficial to be able to select the game to join based on the game parameters.
(2) many many times when joining a quick match the people shown waiting to play are actually not there anymore. It seems the game does not disconnect people when they leave the app. This creates a lot of frustration when trying to start a game
(3) i would like some emojis for the most common communications you would like to give to the other players. Specifically an emoji for speeding up the play
(4) i would like the ability to decline further trades from a specific player, not just the entire round.
Addicted even with the glitches
Update: one day suddenly the app started crashing about a dozen times during each game. Even though you just reopen the app, “continue” the game and have to repeat the last move, it is hugely annoying. Wth?!
This review is about bot play on the basic game. I’m guessing from old reviews that the game has improved, but still many glitches. Usually can’t tell how many D cards are left, the number is almost completely covered. [TIP: Try buying one without the resources to do it. If there are none left, it will tell you there are no more to buy. If there are any left, it will say you don’t have sufficient resources.] And sometimes toward the end the Dcard page is almost completely gone. Sometime you cant even play one you had been saving! Also sometimes the stat page is cut off. There are also no stats as far as I can see how many times I’ve won. It should also tell you what numbers have been last rolled for monopoly strategy purposes. It goes too fast to see who got what, what the spent and what they bought. All that being said, my husband and I are still addicted. Plus unlike many other bot app games the bots are frustratingly challenging.
I have played about 12 games and have noticed a pattern. Once you appear to get ahead in points, then the dice throws are never in your favor. One or two games you can understand , but when the dice rolls a 4 and 11 for 9 throws and all the AI players get resources but you don’t, then you realize something is off. The robber appears much more in the game and you are robbed more often than anyone, even it if you have no cards to give. Then if you happen to have the chance to win, the board freezes up on me and there is nothing I can do but restart my device. This has happened in about 5 of the 12 games. In a face to face game you can hear what other players are looking for in resources and whether they get them or not, but in this game you do not get that knowledge. Also development cards are very few, not like in a real game. Even writing this review all nicknames I wrote were taken!! Examples: abc, xxxxx, frustrated, Nick, Gail, click here etc. It did not like two stars. I have increased it to 3 to see if I can post this review.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- 812.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich; Catan GmbH.
- In-App Purchases
- The Seafarers $4.99
- All-expansions Bundle $9.99
- Cities & Knights $4.99
- The new scenarios $1.99
- Catan - The Islands $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.