“The Divine Office is... the prayer not only of the clergy but of the whole People of God.”
• The Catholic liturgical calendar for every year. Over 50 local calendars including USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland, India and Singapore, and all the dioceses of the UK.
• The About Today page: information and meditations on the saints and feasts of the day.
• Lectio Divina: for meditating on the day's Gospel.
• The Order of Mass page gives you the full Order of Mass, with all the alternatives.
• You can see the saint of the day in a widget on your Today screen.
• You can subscribe to the Liturgy of the Hours and Mass texts for each day (the subscription renews itself monthly but you can cancel it at any time). Subscribing gives you:
•• The Readings at Mass page, with the readings, psalms, prayers and antiphons for the day’s Mass. The readings are the Jerusalem Bible version with the Grail psalms, except for the USA and the Philippines, where they are from the New American Bible.
•• Our unique Mass Today page with the Order of Mass and the prayers, readings and so on, all merged into one single sequence, so that you can follow Mass; or even celebrate it if you can find a discreet place to put the iPad on your altar.
•• The Liturgy of the Hours, including Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, the three daytime Hours, and the Office of Readings. The scripture readings are from the Jerusalem Bible and the psalms are the Grail psalms.
•• The ability to search for words and phrases in the scripture readings and psalms on these pages, see the words in context, and go directly to the dates when they are used.
• Music: you can listen to the Salve Regina and the other Marian anthems at the end of Night Prayer, and an in-app purchase will give you the whole of Sung Compline in Latin, from the Schola Cantorum of the London Oratory School.
• You can listen to the Angelus spoken in English or Latin, free.
•• You can optionally subscribe to other spoken content, including the readings for each day's Mass; all of each day's Hours; and a Latin version of the three daytime Hours (the subscription renews itself monthly but you can cancel it at any time).
• If you have an Apple Watch, you can see the week’s calendar and Mass readings.
• You can choose between turning pages like a book or scrolling like a web page. You can choose fonts and font sizes (including huge ones for the partially sighted) and you can turn on a night mode for reading in the dark.
• If you are blind, turn on VoiceOver and press the Information button in the toolbar at the top of the screen to get full instructions.
Everything is permanently built in to the app. You do not need an Internet connection.
The Rosary page now has a verse of Scripture before each Hail Mary in each of the Mysteries. There is also a new lightweight “One Decade a Day” mode for when you are short of time.
Ratings and Reviews
Daily Catholic Prayers
I originally bought the liturgy of the hours in book form and loved the little books !!! But my devotion waned as my life became complex, and when I tried to return to them, I couldn’t re-master the flipping back and forth and was never sure I was reading the right sections…. THIS! puts it all together, offers hymn and format choices, and helps me as I try to become more faithful in prayer. I love it !!!
THE app for bringing your prayer life to a deeper level!
I have used this app (full version) for years and just when they add features to make our prayer life more rich, they come up with something to enhance it even more!
Thank you to the developers for giving the Body of Christ such a wonderful gift to allow us to “remain in Christ” through the liturgy and other rich avenues of prayer.
This splendid app is being improved quite regularly. As a priest I celebrate the Divine Office daily and rely on Universalis when traveling or not in my chapel. I find the new addition of the spoken gospel to be good for preparing a sermon or meditating. The extended readings to give the daily gospel its context is another excellent addition. I do wish we had more hymn choice but I know this is difficult to procure between copyrights and fees.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Universalis Publishing Limited
- 108.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 1996-2022 Universalis Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Daily texts $0.99
- All Hours $2.99
- Daily Mass Readings $1.99
- All Hours $29.99
- Daytime Hours $2.99
- Sung Latin Compline $4.99
- September 2011 $0.99
- Daily Mass Readings $19.99
- July 2011 $0.99
- October 2011 $0.99