“Chess is 99% tactics” (R. Teichmann.) From beginner to expert, practicing tactics is hands-down the best way to master the game.
Our app provides tactics, lessons, and openings and adjusts to your ability as you play. Join thousands of users who improve their game with tactics every day:
"This app is a must have for any chess player - student or master." -Tom Taylor, USA
"This is easily the best purchase I've made since owning a smartphone." -Miles C. Samuels, USA
"This app has improved my game tremendously!" - anonymous fandom on the App Store
- Tactics: Play as many tactics as you want, for free.
- Lessons: Get deeper into strategy with detailed lessons.
- Openings: Practice makes perfect -- save and practice openings from the Grandmasters and more.
- Create your own tactics, lessons, and openings for others to try. Compete with others to make the leaderboard for the toughest ones.
- Learn from your mistakes. When you get something wrong, you can see the solution, see an explanation for the tactic, and talk to others in the comments.
- Join the community: comment on tactics and learn from other users.
- Customize your board design.
New tactics are added every day, so you'll never run out.
Terms of Service: https://chesstacticsapp.com/terms.html
Chess Pieces by jurgenwesterhof on WikiCommons (adapted from work of Cburnett)
Icons by bezier master, Cutiecon, and Shawn Wong from the Noun Project.
Made a very small change in some infrastructure which you'll never notice
Uploaded some updated screenshots to the App Store
New in 3.3.0:
- NEW Training mode
- Try progression mode where the tactics start easy, but get harder as you go
- Or, for the speed demons, try the blitz mode which adds a 20 second time limit
- Attempt tactics at any rating to train pattern recognition, calculation, or simply easier tactics.
- Check out the leaderboards to see who's top of the progression modes
- We also fixed a bunch of bugs, of course...
Let us know what you think of the new features! We're always listening. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for chess lovers
I’ve been using this app for more than 4 years and went through several updates, surprisingly every update made the app better, I think this is a must have app for whoever want to improve in chess and for every chess lover.
Nice update, new look, useful features
I like the integration with SmallFish to provide engine analysis. That helps when I don’t understand why a certain move won’t work. The subscription features are a nice addition.
Amazing chess teacher
I’ve been playing chess for the best part of 30 years and this app has helped me improve more than anything I’ve ever used! Thank you so much!
- Lockwood Productions, LLC
- 60.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Lockwood Productions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly PRO Subscription $3.99
- Enable Saved Puzzles $1.99
- Remove ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.