“Chess is 99% tactics” (R. Teichmann.) From beginner to expert, practicing tactics is hands-down the best way to master the game.
Our app provides tactics, lessons, and openings and adjusts to your ability as you play. Join thousands of users who improve their game with tactics every day:
"This app is a must have for any chess player - student or master." -Tom Taylor, USA
"This is easily the best purchase I've made since owning a smartphone." -Miles C. Samuels, USA
"This app has improved my game tremendously!" - anonymous fandom on the App Store
- Tactics: Play as many tactics as you want, for free.
- Lessons: Get deeper into strategy with detailed lessons.
- Openings: Practice makes perfect -- save and practice openings from the Grandmasters and more.
- Create your own tactics, lessons, and openings for others to try. Compete with others to make the leaderboard for the toughest ones.
- Learn from your mistakes. When you get something wrong, you can see the solution, see an explanation for the tactic, and talk to others in the comments.
- Join the community: comment on tactics and learn from other users.
- Customize your board design.
New tactics are added every day, so you'll never run out.
Terms of Service: https://chesstacticsapp.com/terms.html
Chess Pieces by jurgenwesterhof on WikiCommons (adapted from work of Cburnett)
Icons by bezier master, Cutiecon, and Shawn Wong from the Noun Project.
Fixed a bug which would prevent seeing the color of the opening in dark mode
Fixed an issue which would cause errors when promoting on iPad
Made the leaderboards list extend to the bottom of new devices
Have an idea to make the app even better? Email us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I can play chess now!!
This app is amazing!
I am trying to teach myself how to play chess and all the other apps that I looked at were either really expensive or really bad. This app is helping become a better chess player just playing one or two of the tactics a day has helped me advance my chess game quickly. I seriously cant believe it’s free! for the quality that it is it’s an astoundingly good deal.
Brilliant and Comprehensive
I’ve sampled many chess apps but this app offers the broadest range of chess learning tools I’ve come across including very well explained classic games and challenging tactic quizzes.
I also got very responsive customer service from a developer when I had a minor installation problem.
Definitely worth worth a try!
Great for chess lovers
I’ve been using this app for more than 4 years and went through several updates, surprisingly every update made the app better, I think this is a must have app for whoever want to improve in chess and for every chess lover.
- Lockwood Productions, LLC
- 40.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Lockwood Productions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Marble Chess Board $0.99
- Orange Chess Board $0.99
- Remove ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.