Chillax is the ultimate one-button relaxation app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch - simply open the app and press the play button to start relaxing. No more searching for the right music, with Chillax you just press play.
Chillax uses a unique combination of soothing music, relaxing sounds and binaural beats to ease you into a state of relaxation and calm.
The individual levels of the music, sounds and binaural beats can be adjusted to suit you.
Chillax is incredibly flexible...
- Use the sound of the sea to help you drift off to sleep (don't forget to switch on airplane mode to avoid rude awakenings!)
- Leave the music playing while you practice yoga
- Use the Pink Noise to help with tinnitus
- White noise to help babies sleep
- Experiment with the psycho-acoustic effects of the binaural beats on headphones as they help to guide your mind from the waking state to deep theta meditation
- Or simply use a mixture of everything to take 5 minutes out of your day to de-stress, relax, and unwind.
There are several music tracks to choose from, and many different sounds. Everything loops seamlessly so even if you’re Chillax-ing for 20 minutes or more, there’ll be no gaps in the sound
No more searching for the right CD, playlist, or relaxation track. With Chillax you simply push the button, and start to unwind.
You can adjust the slider from 1 minute upwards, and Chillax will fade the music in at the beginning, and out at the end of the journey. No more rude awakenings when you’re dropping off to sleep and your iPod moves on to a much heavier track!
Chillax is an extremely effective and powerful relaxation tool, and is used by hypnotherapists, yoga teachers and medical professionals.
- Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Multiple soundscapes and music tracks to choose from
- Chillax time selectable from 1 minute upwards - just set it up and relax
- Save your favourite combinations of music, sounds, beats and journey time
- Binaural Beats with adjustable tone to aid relaxation
- Fade in and out so that you gently enter and return from your relaxation
- Set the levels of the music, sounds and binaural beats to suit you
- Works with the device locked, just like the iPod music player
So what are binaural beats? They are a psycho-acoustic effect created by the brain when you hear a different tone in each ear. If you put a tone of say 300Hz in one ear and 310 Hz in the other ear, the brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations as the difference between the two tones. Research suggests that binaural beats may be used to aid relaxation, and are often used in meditation. The waking, alert mind generates higher frequency brain waves, and as you become more relaxed and restful, the frequencies will get steadily lower. Chillax generates these tones in each ear, to gently guide the brain waves from alpha down to deep theta waves found in meditative and relaxed states.
Background audio is back on the menu... finally fixed this so now we can all relax.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow! Great relaxing music!
I love the fact that you can play the music in an infinite loop... I like to have background music playing while I sleep.. the music here is perfect for relaxing or sleeping, it has very minimal ambient music with optional nature sounds! Best of all, it's totally free with no ads.. A+++
Easy to Use; Great Little App
Wasn't sure what to expect from this app, so I downloaded it. It's really cool and works well. Easy to navigate and figure out how to use. Lots of cool sound/music combinations to choose from. Perfect for relaxing or relieving stress. You won't be disappointed.
I love this app! I use it almost every night when I go to bed or whenever I need to relax. There's just one flaw. It needs to have the option to play only sounds or play only music, and have a volume option for each for better balance when playing both! Please include this in an update, thanks so much!
- Peter Rolls
- 59.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2019 Rolls limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.