DigiSlate is a modern, free digital slate / clapperboard for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. DigiSlate uses either a swipe across the board or the volume buttons on your device to clap the board. This allows you to keep your hands well out of the way when the slate claps. DigiSlate uses the whole screen for the clappers for easier sync on smaller devices.
- Full screen clapper board - works great on smaller phones for easier sync in post
- NEW! Music Mode (in-app purchase) syncs music from your local library or right from your inbox and changes speed in real-time!
- NEW! Counts in frames and supports regular and drop frame timecodes... or enter your own
- NEW! Edit every title to fully customise DigiSlate to work best for you
- NEW! Works in either orientation
- Save and Load Slates - re-entering details for different shoots is history
- Swipe across or use the volume buttons to clap the board
- Double tap the text on the board to edit the slate
- Drag up and down (or double tap) on Slate, Roll, Scene, Take, FPS and Camera to change
- Two finger drag up and down on Scene for USA format (4A, $B, 4C etc)
- Date and Time come straight from your device so no need to enter manually
- Take will go green to indicate that the board has been clapped, and can auto-increment
- Choose either a traditional black slate or white clapperboard
- Time of day, shoot time (to 1/100th second) for reference or Scene Name L.E.D. style display. Now shows Shoot Timecode as well.
- 4 different sounds for sync - Clap, Beep (1kHz tone), White Noise or Pip (1 frame 1khz tone for SyncOne2 and Multi-Camera sync checking
- Sync Mode for Multi-Cam shoots or general audio video sync checking
- Auto Take auto-increments the Take each clap the board
- Triple Clap option to clap the slate 3 times for easier sync in noisy environments
No more fiddling around with small on-screen buttons or awkward user interfaces - DigiSlate is easy to use even on the smaller display of an iPhone/iPod Touch and looks fantastic on the larger screen of your iPad and simply stunning on the iPad Pro.
DigiSlate is the free digital clapperboard you've been waiting for.
Thanks for your support and feedback / suggestions. It all helps make DigiSlate better for everyone.
In this version I've
- Fixed a couple of bugs
- Added nice big text box for Notes editing (iPad only)
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful, would like to see iCloud integration
I use this clapper in my video studio where I have several ipads. It would be useful to sync via iCloud. Then I could load all the scenes from my desktop and then pick them up on the smaller ipad I use as a clapper in the studio.
The app everyone in film and video should have
When I’m ready to film this is the tool I turn to. It gives me more data for each take and that makes logging easier. The quality and reliability of this app make it outstanding. If you do any editing make sure it’s being used every time the cameras are running. It saves time and money and reduces the piles of hair around the editing bay.
Nice and easy, can’t beat the price. One small feature request…
Diggin’ the app! It’s nice and easy to set up, does what it’s supposed to without a bunch of unnecessary fluff, and it’s a bargain.
FEATURE REQUEST: I’d love to be able to edit the names of the SLATE / ROLL / SCENE / TAKE fields. Currently I put sticky notes over those spots so I remember what they are, but I’d love to be able to type my own names in there. Could that be done?
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review. I’ve made ALL the titles editable in the new version, so it’s now fully customisable. Appreciate the feedback and hope this makes your workflow a little easier.
- Peter Rolls
- 9.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2019 Rolls Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Music Mode $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.