DigiSlate is a modern, free digital slate / clapperboard for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. DigiSlate uses either a swipe across the board or the volume buttons on your device to clap the board. This allows you to keep your hands well out of the way when the slate claps. DigiSlate uses the whole screen for the clappers for easier sync on smaller devices.
- Full screen clapper board - works great on smaller phones for easier sync in post
- Music Mode (in-app purchase) syncs music from your local library or right from your inbox and changes speed in real-time!
- Counts in frames and supports regular and drop frame timecodes... or enter your own
- Edit every title on the slate to fully customise DigiSlate to work best for you
- Save and Load Slates - re-entering details for different shoots is history
- Swipe across or use the volume buttons to clap the board
- Double tap the text on the board to edit the slate
- Drag up and down (or double tap) on Slate, Roll, Scene, Take, FPS and Camera to change
- Two finger drag up and down on Scene for USA format (4A, $B, 4C etc)
- Date and Time come straight from your device so no need to enter manually
- Take will go green to indicate that the board has been clapped, and can auto-increment
- Choose either a traditional black slate or white clapperboard
- Time of day, shoot time (to 1/100th second) for reference or Scene Name L.E.D. style display. Now shows Shoot Timecode as well.
- 4 different sounds for sync - Clap, Beep (1kHz tone), White Noise or Pip (1 frame 1khz tone for SyncOne2 and Multi-Camera sync checking
- Sync Mode run flash/beep cycle for Multi-Cam shoots or general audio video sync checking
- Auto Take auto-increments the Take each clap the board
- Triple Clap option to clap the slate 3 times for easier sync in noisy environments
No more fiddling around with small on-screen buttons or awkward user interfaces - DigiSlate is easy to use even on the smaller display of an iPhone/iPod Touch and looks fantastic on the larger screen of your iPad and simply stunning on the iPad Pro.
DigiSlate is the free digital clapperboard you've been waiting for.
Fixed a bug that causes DigiSlate to crash when renaming slate, roll, scene or take to short text
Thanks for all your support and feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Visual is too short
Good app except the visual clapper disappears too quickly. This is suppose to make synching audio and video easier but that really doesn’t help much when you’re spending precious minutes trying to synch and still end up being off. It’s just a second too short. I would definitely purchase the add free version if they could fix that little issue. I would hate to give this such a low rating for a small but vital problem.
Perfect for my class
I teach video production and as the students rotate through the various positions each day, I have magnets on the board to show what each student is doing so that when we watch it later, we know who was doing what. When we shoot outside, however, it’s hard to fit all the names on my traditional slate (which uses chalk). This is a great way to list the key positions. When on-location, we are typically in very noisy areas (school plays and such), so the triple-clap is great. Also, being able to switch from a black slate to a white slate is perfect, since cellphones look very different outside vs. inside. I spent the few bucks to get rid of the ads (it’s really much less than a Starbuck’s latte). Well worth it!
Some things don’t work
If you make more than 1 project with the same name, even if you edit the second one, after visiting the main screen it reverts back to the original you duplicated. So you can’t save multiple slates with different scene names but with the same project name.
Edit: actually the system is all kinds of messed up, you can’t save multiple slates. They all default to the first one. Deleting them causes issues too.
Also if you click the + to go to the project selection, you can only click the create new project button before touching anything, if you scroll your projects, the create new button greys out and you can’t click it, so you have to go into a project and leave again and not touch anything.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Peter Rolls
- 12.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2019 Rolls Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
- Music Mode $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.