This game helps you improve the pronunciation of pinyin by comparing similar sounds which are easily mistaken.
While solving questions in the form of quizzes, your ear will gradually be trained and you could easily start recognizing Chinese pronunciation.
・I'm learning Chinese, so I want to try using it!
・I'd like to eliminate my bad Chinese pronunciation of pinyin.
・I can read chinese but not good at listening.
・They can't understand what I say in Chinese.
[How to use]
Choose One, Syllable, Word
· Choose the correct pinyin pronunciation after listening to the woman's voice.
· You will know whether your choice is correct or incorrect depending on the sound, "ding dong!" or "buzz!".
· The following question will appear automatically after a little while.
· Please answer one after the other. At the end of 10 questions, you will see the results page.
· If you want to see the results while still answering the quiz, please press the button "quit & results".
· You will be able to check the "Pinyin Chart" used in Chinese textbooks.
· You should swipe the screen to the right to be able to see the hidden part of chart.
· The lower half part of the screen is displayed if you press the arrow button located in the upper right corner.
· The four tones will pop up when you press each blue syllable.
· You can hear the pronunciation by pressing the pinyin you want to hear.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Improved the result screen of the game.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app for practicing listening
I'm not sure how this app showed up on my phone - I think my kids downloaded it for me. But from the moment I started playing with it I was hooked. It allows me to improve my listening skills as well as speaking as I repeat after the recording to solidify the correct way to pronounce words. It also immediately showed me that I've been pronouncing the "ing" sound incorrectly and this many common words have been subtly off which causes confusion when I try to have a conversation.
My only wish is that there were not words and maybe even some everyday sentences you could learn. I'd be willing to pay for this upgraded version!
Great help for learning tones
I’m a beginner learner and this app has been wonderful for my understanding of the Chinese syllables and their 4 (or 5) basic tones. My only concern is that the audio app, running on my iPhone X with the latest update (as of Fen 2021), sometimes stops working and I had to delete it and download it again.
I just started reading Fluent Forever by Gabriel Wyner. He claims the place to start is learning the sounds and specifically the slight variations in sounds in your target language. (eg “rock” and “lock”)
This app provides exactly that and it’s also fun to play. :) check it out.
The developer, Majestech LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Majestech LLC
- 56.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Majestech LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.