Draw complex molecular structures and reaction schemes using your fingertips. An easy circle gesture (U.S. Patent No. 9754085 and No. 10,424,399) makes even complicated polycyclic rings easy and fun to draw. Multiple double bonds or multiple functional groups are simple to add all at one time. Annotation and reaction condition text is chemically aware and properly subscripts numbers. With over 175k downloads, Chirys Draw is speeding the way scientists draw and communicate. Imagine what you will create!
Take notes at those seminars or class lectures!
Present your ideas at project or group meetings!
Draw structures and reaction schemes for your next paper!
See the how-to videos on the Chirys web site.
• Create saturated, aromatic rings and chains
• Draw reactions and reaction schemes with reaction conditions
• Draw retrosynthetic pathways
• Create multi-line text annotations with fonts and colors
• Create complex fused and spirocyclic ring systems
• Generate ion pairs
• Airdrop sharing with colleagues
• Airdrop transfer to your Macintosh
• Copy and paste images or PDFs into Pages®, Keynote®, and other applications
• Copy images to the Camera Roll
• Send images of molecular structures by email, ready for publication
• Make publication-quality prints and images
• User-defined Groups
• Export drawings as a scalable graphics PDF
• Import and export molecules as MOL files
• Automatic identification of molecular formulas in text
• Molecular formula, weight, elemental composition, and exact mass calculations
• Automatic layout of functional groups
• Resonance and equilibrium arrows
• 24 levels of undo and redo
“Wow. First of all, please let me say that this is the single best iPad application that I have ever used (not to mention one of the best structure drawing programs on any platform). You really nailed using gestures to design and manipulate structures. The app is an awesome example of harnessing the spirit of the iPad. I was up and drawing in 30 seconds. The interface is clean, intuitive, and so very well designed. Beautiful output too.”
“I use this for all my structure drawing needs now - desktop applications are so expensive and actually harder to use than Chirys Draw. Developer is very responsive. Improvements to the app keep coming. If you're a student, or a lecturer like myself, and need to draw quality chemical structures, then look no further. Exporting features make it easy to create a structure, then email to yourself for incorporation into a Powerpoint, Keynote, Word or any other sort of document. Highly recommended, and well worth the cost (much cheaper than desktop apps and for most purposes just as functional).”
— Australian user
“Extremely well-done, very easy to learn, and elegant. It will be easier and faster other competitors to sketch high-quality structures and could be really handy for taking notes in meetings.”
“Brilliant addition to the iPad workload. This is clearly a creative application and the most full featured molecular drawing app. I think the developers here have the most motivation, and have put more original thought into this. I hope they will be encouraged to continue with their vision…”
“I wanted to let you know directly how much I appreciate this app. It works exactly as advertised, is highly capable, and is now substituting for a desktop-based chemical structure drawing app. I am right now using it to prepare structures for my pharmacognosy lectures, and it is working well.”
“The words that come to mind: Impressive. Quality. The development of Chirys Draw shows your deep, consistent, and scholarly chemistry flair and precision, and is impressive. Professional chemists will continue to love this.”
“ChirysDraw represents the best chemical drawing package to date on the iPad.”
“Thank you again for such a lovely program.”
Update for iOS 14
• Announce “U.S. Patent No. 10,424,399” in About Box
• Enhance display of Documents View
• Fix Tool View and Documents View for large iPads
• Epimerization gesture changed to two-finger swipe
• Updated sample molecules
• Request Letter-sized paper source for printing
• Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Very difficult to use
The GUI is not user friendly. Please have a look at ChemDraw and ChemDoodle and try to implement some of their features.
I got this app as it may
help me down the line should I ever have to convey something to someone revolving around structures.
Very easy and useful app
I was wondering to draw chemical structures for my research and this app is tremendously useful for me.
Thanks so much developers.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- John Clark
- 19.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Integrated Chemistry Design, Inc.