Knock things over. Take a nap. Enslave humanity. Power, fame, and catnip are yours for the licking!
"Choice of the Cat" is a hilarious 600,000-word interactive novel by Jordan Reyne, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based, withoupet graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
It's the biggest text-based cat simulator ever written; play it many times as different kinds of cat! As a rescue cat, looking for a family to love and obey you forever, you find yourself sharing a home with a family on the brink of divorce. You'll learn to manipulate your owners, their neighbors, and even their other pets to get what you want. (The humans think they're in charge! Aren't they cute?)
Show your new family the meaning of unconditional love, rule by fear alone, or play them against one another for your amusement. Become a YouTube sensation when videos of your lovable antics go viral, or meddle from behind the throne as your owner family begins to take over the government.
Who's an adorable, tyrannical kitty? YOU ARE. Will you sharpen your claws and mete out feline justice, or melt their hearts with purrs, meows, and cuddles?
• Play as male or female, or dispense with gender constructs
• Enjoy over half a million words covering cat lore, how to rule the planet, and what to do with a dead fish
• Save your owners' marriage with kindness, or rip them apart with your tiny little claws
• Delve deep into the psyche of man's second best friend, or become their first best friend, if Bene the dog lets you.
• Take revenge on those who cross you or your allies, or rescue the innocent using clever, quieter tricks
• Become a hero among cats, or pick on humans, and ruthlessly destroy a troubled marriage
• Enjoy luxurious carpets, curtains ripe for shredding, and belly rubs from your owners
• Shred and steal things, mark your territory stinkily, and cause fires
• Mess with vital political phone calls--or opt for clever calming tactics so your humans reach their goals
• Help your owner earn a recording contract from the music mogul next door, with the help of his cat
Bug fixes. If you enjoy this game, please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
LOVED IT!!! Want a sequel!
Really enjoyed playing as an evil or good cat. The author gave lots of perfect choices from the skittish stray to the loving fluffy cat. And the difference in the endings are awesome. My only 2 complaints would be no matter how bad you are, you’re not actually punished or sent back (SPOILERS: and if you split up the family and go with Andre which doesn’t make sense to me since both you and the dog are more of Moon’s and the mom’s pets) and that you really don’t get to hunt or stalk as much, or defend your territory (except from Maddox but even then it doesn’t change much).
However I absolutely love this game and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. I’ve played it at least 100 times and probably won’t stop anytime soon!
I hope the author continues and maybe even makes a dog version!
Good replay value
I went through it twice with different objectives and got payoffs tailored to each - so, good replay value.
The writing is very good, with humor and drama. Most choices have influence on outcomes and even those that don’t nonetheless alter the experience.
Great game, but could be better
I loved the story and the choices, great to play from a cat’s perspective!
A couple of things this game is missing:
1.) The ability to back up on some answers (use a bookmark)
2.) Biggest flaw: A better, less hurried ending. I was very disappointed with it, it came out of the blue and while it tried to tie up the strings, it failed to do so with satisfaction.
Not sure it was worth the $5 price tag, will see if further replays of the game make up for it in their diversity.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Choice of Games LLC
- 26.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Jordan Reyne
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.