Plunder ghost ships for cursed treasure! Battle the Crown Navy, sea monsters, and other bloodthirsty pirates on a quest to rival the Pirate King himself!
"Choice of the Pirate" is a fast-paced swashbuckler of an interactive novel by Alana Joli Abbott, author of "Choice of Kung Fu" and "Showdown at Willow Creek." Your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—165,000 words, without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Rise from a deck-swabbing sailor to fleet commander over five years of piracy in the tropical paradise of the Lucayan Sea. Command the winds with magic, or board enemy ships with your cutlass in your teeth.
Will you play as male, female, or nonbinary? Find romance as gay, straight, bi, or poly, or pursue friendships and alliances instead? Will you join the Crown as a privateer and bring pirates to heel? Will you parley with the Pirate King to protect the Lucayan from the navy's rule? Or will you duel the Pirate King and claim his power for yourself?
Buckle yer swash and set sail for adventure!
• Develop your skills as a swashbuckler, sailor, diplomat, scoundrel, or weather-mage.
• Explore a chain of tropical islands where buried treasure and secret pirate camps are hidden.
• Face pirate curses, haunted ships, terrifying monsters, and the wrath of the sea herself.
• Spy for the Crown or become a double agent to support the Pirate King.
• Become a celebrated hero or a ruthless villain.
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, bi, poly, or asexual.
Bug fixes. If you enjoy this game, please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent game! One bug report…
This is a fantastic game, with lots of swashbuckling adventures and memorable characters. One bug: If I try to talk to Tinima at the Lobo Negro and she doesn’t introduce herself (because she doesn’t like me), her name in the relationships section of the stats page is a "?" for the rest of the game, even if we end up being good friends by the end of it! I also tried replaying through the game without talking to her at all at the Lobo Negro (since the last time was only my first playthrough), and I’m missing her name here, too!
Other than that, it’s a great game! Keep up the good work!
There were so many feels in this game and it has a bit of replay ability as well. The epilogue was pretty cool but I feel like I could of done better I wonder if I can get a bit further than last time or if it is fixed to end where it did. Anyways... I need a pirates 2!
One of the best!!
I really enjoyed reading and playing this story. It flowed really well in the characters are well developed. I also love when the epilogue with every ending has a different story to tell about each character.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Choice of Games LLC
- 21.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Choice of Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.