The Chomplr name is taken from sample "Chopping Rompler", inspired by the timeless workflow of creating music using samples to make new works. As of version 1.2.0, you can now import your own samples into Chomplr.
Chomplr brings a new iOS approach to creative sample manipulation. As a standalone module or AUv3 plugin, Chomplr offers quick access to it's robust sample library and an online store is built in. Samples for use within Chomplr are royalty free.
Sample data can be edited and one or more effects added and adjusted in quick and simple fashion. While a wealth of parameters are provided, the true user experience and inspiration comes from slicing, tweaking and editing while playing by ear.
Chomplr installs as an iOS AUv3 plugin instrument, compatible for use within host apps such as Garageband, Beatmaker 3, Cubasis, Audiobus, AUM, iMPC, and more.
• Unique sample chopper for iOS music making
• Includes both standalone and AUv3 (plugin) capability
• Compatible with Garageband, Beatmaker 3, AUM, Audiobus, Cubasis, Nano Studiok, iMPC, and many more hosts
• Stock library of over 150 original, award winning samples by MSXII Sound Design. All royalty free within Chomplr.
• Built-in store with hundreds of samples to preview & purchase
• Stock FX such as Lofi, Echo, Flanger, LP & HP filters, Drive, Reverb & Dirt
• Chromatic sample mode allowing a sample chop to be played across keys
• Sample editing parameters, per chop, such as Start, End, Attack, Release, Tune, Vol, Pan, Loop, and Reverse
• A comprehensive user manual available at: msxaudio.com/pages/iosapps
• Robust roadmap that includes many features to come!
Series of Chomplr videos to get you going: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTD5F5uQpHAvUctTuQyROmMlkKZo9guGj
Info on all MSXII Sound Design Apps: https://www.msxaudio.com/pages/iosapps
Join the user forum for tips/tricks/support: https://www.msxaudio.com/community/chat
Visit us: https://msxaudio.com
Peace, love, & blessings to all. Thank you for checking out Chomplr.
• fixing some reported store preview issues
• other fixes & enhancements
Stay posted for more updates soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Where’s my In-app purchases! PACKS WORTH THE HASSLE
Bought all in app sound packs. Only 6 show up in my load list. Shows in the App Store that I paid for them. But on the app itself; they are still lit as if I didn’t. $$$!? Other than that dope idea.
After a work around of “rebuying” packs in app- it said they were already purchased- would I like to do so again for free. Repurchased- at no cost and then they showed up in menu.
Just buy it
I’ve been following this company for a while and am nothing but impressed with their aesthetic and attention to detail. This app sounds amazing. What you can do with one short sample by assigning certain sections to keys and tweaking is a game changer. I know the tech has been out for a while but hasn’t been implemented into iOS in this way with such a diverse array of effects. I was pretty disappointed to see that I couldn’t import my own samples though 😕 If that feature gets added then this thing is unlimited in its scope. For now I’ll just tweak what is provided by MSXII and try to make it my own. Anyway if you were on the fence just do it, it’s only $5, what do you have to lose?
Still having issues, even with the update and contacting support
I really wanted to like this app. I was getting into their lofi dirt app to until connectivity issues with Audiobus arose. On this app I am not getting an alert of poor WiFi connectivity and the new “restore purchases” button aren’t working. Not at all. So I have half of a pack.
I don’t know what to expect here. I’ve not run into these particular issues elsewhere or the lack of a restore purchases button like how this started out. It still seems non functional when pressed. I want it to work seeing as I had a plan after reading the manuals. Just gonna write this off as another useless app that wasn’t tested fully or ready to hit the App Store yet.
So disappointed when this happens.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MSXII Sound Design LLC
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 MSXII Sound Design, LLC.®
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature-Sample Import $2.99
- *Free Samples* Colorway Vol. 1 $0.00
- Synthesized Soul 2 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.