iOS 13+ recommended
The Chomplr name is taken from sample "Chopping Rompler", inspired by the timeless workflow of creating music using samples to make new works. As of version 1.2.0, you can now import your own samples into Chomplr.
Chomplr brings a new iOS approach to creative sample manipulation. As a standalone module or AUv3 plugin, Chomplr offers quick access to it's robust sample library and an online store is built in. Samples for use within Chomplr are royalty free.
Sample data can be edited and one or more effects added and adjusted in quick and simple fashion. While a wealth of parameters are provided, the true user experience and inspiration comes from slicing, tweaking and editing while playing by ear.
Chomplr installs as an iOS AUv3 plugin instrument, compatible for use within host apps such as Garageband, Beatmaker 3, Cubasis, Audiobus, AUM, iMPC, and more.
• Unique sample chopper for iOS music making
• Includes both standalone and AUv3 (plugin) capability
• Compatible with Garageband, Beatmaker 3, AUM, Audiobus, Cubasis, Nano Studiok, iMPC, and many more hosts
• Stock library of over 150 original, award winning samples by MSXII Sound Design. All royalty free within Chomplr.
• Built-in store with hundreds of samples to preview & purchase
• Stock FX such as Lofi, Echo, Flanger, LP & HP filters, Drive, Reverb & Dirt
• Chromatic sample mode allowing a sample chop to be played across keys
• Sample editing parameters, per chop, such as Start, End, Attack, Release, Tune, Vol, Pan, Loop, and Reverse
• A comprehensive user manual available at: msxaudio.com/pages/iosapps
• Robust roadmap that includes many features to come!
Series of Chomplr videos to get you going: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTD5F5uQpHAvUctTuQyROmMlkKZo9guGj
Info on all MSXII Sound Design Apps: https://www.msxaudio.com/pages/iosapps
Join the user forum for tips/tricks/support: https://www.msxaudio.com/community/chat
Visit us: https://msxaudio.com
Peace, love, & blessings to all. Thank you for checking out Chomplr.
• adding new partner packs section in Chomplr store
Ratings and Reviews
(UPDATE 2022) Just buy it
Sample import was added and opened up a whole new world in Chomplr. I’m still loving this app. The only other feature that would significantly improve this app would be the ability to save a project state. Unless you’re in a DAW you can’t save all of the in and out points you’ve made to a sample. It would be nice to open up a sample in Chomplr, create all your in and out key points, set your effects and then be able to come back to it later in the same place it was when you left. Any chance of this feature? Still worth more than they’re charging tho.
I’ve been following this company for a while and am nothing but impressed with their aesthetic and attention to detail. This app sounds amazing. What you can do with one short sample by assigning certain sections to keys and tweaking is a game changer. I know the tech has been out for a while but hasn’t been implemented into iOS in this way with such a diverse array of effects. I was pretty disappointed to see that I couldn’t import my own samples though 😕 If that feature gets added then this thing is unlimited in its scope. For now I’ll just tweak what is provided by MSXII and try to make it my own. Anyway if you were on the fence just do it, it’s only $5, what do you have to lose?
Almost like KOALA for beginners… and it’s AMAZING
Using koala and Samplr stumbled upon Chomplr later on and almost wish I found it first… it eliminates the complication involved with other iOS apps with similar concepts so you can really just focus on making music and enjoying it… My only gripe is the sample library, yet amazing, isn’t inexpensive… paying a few dollars to sometimes get one or two samples seems a bit minimal when other apps usual sell massive preset packs for that price… but the import your own sample feature makes this app 100% worth it… and the samples they do offer for sale are definitely optimized for usage in Chomplr to be used “right out of the box” with little to no tweaking needed… either way I plan on continuing to buy more of their samples and adding my own cuts… Koala is still my favorite sampler for features but for more of a free flow “fun” workflow Chomplr gets right to the point… Looking forward to what else comes out from the developer going forward…
The app we’ve been waiting for.....
You know when you search the App Store, looking for a music production app that you didn’t know you absolutely NEEDED, well, this is that ONE. Truly a samplers dream, and I’m not exaggerating. MSXii Sound Design has been making sound design incredibly fun, and this app is no exception. Chomplr packs a punch, preloaded with incredible sounds and amazingly easy process to sketch ideas out, and I know I’m only scratching the surface. You have to experience it to know what you’ve been missing.......
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MSXII Sound Design LLC
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 MSXII Sound Design, LLC.®
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature-Sample Import $2.99
- Strummed Soul Vol.1 $0.99
- 70's Soul Aesthetcis $1.99
- Synthesized Soul 2 $0.99
- Cassettes & Pedals Vol.1 $1.99
- Psychedelic Soul Vol. 2 $0.99
- Ivory Soul Vol.1 $1.99
- Trap Melodics v1 $0.99
- Loops from 1984 Vol.1 $0.99
- Cassettes & Pedals Vol.2 $2.99