Highly helpful chord progression generator for all musicians. Simple chord progression generator for you to help find and play chords, melodies and music of any kind and later incorporate them into your music projects!
PERFECT FOR EDM BEDROOM PRODUCERS
Create the chords for your next electronic masterpiece. Then export it as a midi file and drag it into your favorite DAW. Works for all electronic Genres (including EDM, Future House, Future Bass, Hardstyle, Trap,...)
When exporting, you get three midi files: one with the chords only, one with the bassline only and one with both together. Perfect to immediately start with the arrangement and sound design.
CHORD PROGRESSIONS FOR ALL GENRES
The ideas and features in Chord Progression Generator are based on music theory, so your music theory knowledge will be much better, but also you can create chords with little music theory knowledge! From piano chord progressions to guitar chord progressions with basslines, composing music for any genre without music theory is very easy!
VERY EASY TO USE
After opening the app you need to make only one tap to compose your first chord progression.
Go to the settings menu and adjusts bpm, instrument, and tempo or activate rhythm, piano roll, harmonic basslines, auto-playing, loop mode and so on. Any chord progression you generate can be saved or downloaded as a midi file. Easily transfer them to your DAW and create something amazing. The great thing is that you can choose the scale in which the progression will play so you can adjust it per your needs.
Chord Progression Generator features:
- Adjust bpm, and instrument
- Activate rhythm, piano roll, auto-playing, loop mode
- Bassline creation
- Choose the scale of chord progressions
- Like chord progressions
- Download as midi file
- Great for all music genres
- Very helpful tool for music producers or music enthusiasts
Save time and create something amazing with this powerful chord progression generator.
Download now for free & have a helpful tool in your creative process!
UNLIMITED ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION
- You can subscribe for unlimited access to all features and content offered for purchase within Chord Progression Generator.
- Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan. Alternatively, a one-time payment plan is available (this is not a subscription).
- Subscriptions auto-renew at the cost of the chosen package, unless canceled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscriptionfee is charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Per Apple policy, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
This is the biggest update of Chord Progression Generator yet.
- Seventh chords
- Harmonic minor key
- MIDI over Wifi (play and record chord progressions live in any DAW)
- Do a long-press on the piano and you will see the chord names and chord notes of the generated chord progression
- An interactive tutorial
- Updated chord progression algorithm (over 4,9 billion possible compositions now)
- Golden icon for premium users
- Bugfixes regarding in-app purchases
- and more...
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely Amazing App!
I've recently started using the pro version of this app, and I'll be honest... I'm blown away! I can't believe how simple it is to use with an app like Music Studio, to generate great song ideas that you really could use as is, or if you're like me, adjust quickly and easily to your liking, to create amazing compositions that are catchy, endlessly replayable, and that ultimately sound amazing. For any artist just beginning their journey into the heart of music, i strongly recommend this app!
Great app, but a few suggestions.
Let me start off by saying that as a singer/songwriter, this app is a godsend for background music. I do have a few problems with it, the main one being that all the chord progressions generated sound similar. Maybe that's to be expected. I wouldn't know, because I have no knowledge of music theory. I wish you could add in chords you already have and then generate a suggested progression. I think it would be helpful to view a list of the chords, because guessing what they are from the visual, writing them down, and giving them to the pianist who plays for my songs is quite a hassle. I love this app so much, but I'd love to see these things implemented!
Developer Response ,
I'm glad that you love our app! ❤
We are working on our chord progression algorithm right now. This will make the chord progressions way better in the next version.
The chord progression might sound similar to you because they are played in the same range and with the same instrument.
You can change the key (at the top of the Generator tab), the instrument or some other settings to get more different rules.
We won't implement a feature where you can import your chords because it's not what our app aims for. There are other apps for that...
You can always see which chords are included in a chord progression if you like it (with the heart button). Then switch to the "Liked" tab and you will find the progression, you just liked, there. They are ordered by date from latest to oldest. So the one on top is the one you just liked.
In the second row, you will see which chords are used in the progression. Just show it to your pianist and he will know what to play.
Alternatively, you can export the midi-file and open it in a music notation tool to get a note sheet.
I hope I could help you. ☺️
Great for inspiration!
The chords it generates are pretty good, and the extensive list of sounds makes it great for inspiration. Editing the midi files in my DAW is fine, but the addition of midi out directly from the app would be nice. The developer promptly fixed the export bug on iPad, and is very responsive. I like that, to feel like you have contact for support if you need it.
To the devs: if you’re working on any other music production apps I’d be glad to be a beta tester and offer any suggestions?
Developer Response ,
If you want to rename the export file, please first like the chord progression. In your liked chord progressions (second tab) tap on it to rename it. If you export then, your midi file will have the chosen name.
We are going to add this to the tutorial. We are also fixing the export bug.
Thank you for your feedback!
- Michael Krautsieder
- 25.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Michael Krautsieder
- In-App Purchases
- Premium - 1 Month $1.99
- Premium - Lifetime $20.99
- Premium - 1 Year $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.