Writers Session is a perfect songwriter’s companion. It provides a single place to record and organise all your lyrics and melodic ideas.
STREAMLINE THE CREATIVE PROCESS
It offers a full featured text editor with a scrollable tool bar for quick access to many commonly used songwriting tools.
BUILT IN AUDIO RECORDER
Quickly Capture multiple recording ideas when inspiration strikes on the go.
MANAGE MULTIPLE RECORDINGS
Each song session contains an editable list of all your audio recorded ideas. An easy to use audio player is there for quick playback of all the recorded takes as well as exporting options.
STAY ORGANIZED WITH FOLDERS
Organize all your song Sessions into folders so as to get quick access and manage large lists.
A COLLECTION OF WRITING TOOLS
It contains a offline Rhyming dictionary, Thesaurus and Dictionary. This means that no WIFI or 3G connectivity is required to use these features.
FULLSCREEN AND NIGHTTIME MODE
This is great for singers or studio musicians performing in low lighted environments. The text sizes can be quickly adjusted whilst in fullscreen mode which is great for showing lyrics or chords.
MORE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS:
• You can Import backing tracks from your device media library.
• A Collections of Words and Phrases are available for generating ideas, these are grouped into mood categories.
• A List of Musical Chord Notations and Song Sections for quick entry.
• Features a Quick recorder for capturing those inspirational moments with a few clicks. The recorded audio files can be then easily be transferred to any session afterwards.
• Email or Airdrop Export is available to share your song lyrics and recorded audio ideas.
• Various Screen Mode themes are available.
• Easy Printing of Lyrics which can be sent directly to your WIFI printer.
• Songs are Autosaved to prevent accidental loss of ideas.
• Song Session Information such as writers credits, royalty splits, publishing details and more can be stored and displayed. These can also be exported as a PDF file.
• Sessions can be searched by title or writers names as well as been filtered according to their likes.
If you’ve enjoyed using Writer's Session, please leave a review.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Thank you for being a part of the Writers Session community.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
10 minutes with the free version and you’ll know...
This is a fantastic, full featured tool! I came across this as a recommendation while looking for a notebook/journal app for my woodworking notes. I just happen to be a musician as well, and I downloaded this immediately.
Just follow the guide to demo the features and you’ll see in 10 minutes if this tool is for you. I’m happy to pay for things that I will use; it’s almost a relief compared to hand tools!
In the first few weeks, I’ve used it to prep for meetings and presentations, keep ideas about my custom speaker cabinet wood shop, write songs, poetry, and pickup lines for my girl... and now I find myself journaling about “social distancing”.
I would like to see a connector or companion app to lay out all your assets in something like OneNote or Notion like a scrapbook, for those who would use it that way. Besides, I think a journaling habit leads to songwriting anyway.
I also want to say I’ve tried many apps like this, and haven’t seen all the tools and options in once place like this. The layout is great, which I’m sure is a challenge. They did a nice job here!
Amazing with one suggestion
I got the paid version and it has been worth every penny. My only gripe is that it’s terrifyingly easy to delete songs. Each session title lets you open a menu by sliding to the left so that you can, for example, put the session into a folder. I like that I can organize sessions by “in progress” and “completed,” etc., but one false swipe and the whole session is deleted! It would be nice if it asked for confirmation before deleting. Other than that it’s been a wonderful writing tool.
This app is everything that I want in songwriting software. The lyrics section has an option to place verse chorus bridge etc. this for me serves as a reminder to write the sections of my song.
Then I can share my sessions between my iPhone and iPad using airdrop. It has a recorder which is great and an option to upload lyrics from other sources. And even a section for ideas so you can grab those and add those to your songs. Overall I recommend this app highly.
- Anthony Briscoe
- 49 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 One In A Billion Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- In-App Purchase $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.