This free app gives your iOS device access to every audiobook in your christianaudio library. You can download audiobooks directly over Wi-Fi or use cellular data. Once downloaded, no internet connection is needed and you can enjoy your audiobooks anywhere you go.
• Instant access to your entire christianaudio library
• Download audiobooks directly over Wi-Fi or cellular for offline listening
• Improved audio Bible experience
• Custom bookmarks
• Sleep timer
• Variable listening speed
This update includes bug fixes and adds the ability to:
- Delete individual tracks
- Mark an audiobook as finished
- Sort by finished/unfinished
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t stream audio?
I use this app merely because there are certain books I can only listen to the audio from it.
But it desperately needs a major overhaul. You can’t even stream audio!!! You need to download the entire book to your phone! With short books this may be fine, but particularly a Christian audio app should allow streaming because of the sheer length of Christian literature. If you want to listen to, say an audio Bible, good luck... either it’ll be too much data for your phone, or the app will be too glitchy to actually download it all, and chapters will merely skip the areas that the app forgot to download.
It seems that once upon a time this app worked much better. I’m not sure what happened, but it would seem that Christianaudio’s financial stability should make it a high priority.
App Needs Major Improvements
This app is not user friendly and has several issues. When you download a book on your device the audiobook and listen to a book, the app sometimes asks you download again even though you downloaded already. At times, the list of chapters disappears. The list of downloaded books does not return to the last book you were listening to either. When the app was refreshed, I had to re-download all of the books again and refresh my list, then re-download the books on my device again. When you search for a book or author you will get items not searched for and have no relationship to the search. When you sort, there is no option to identify books already listened to and the sort and list sometimes does not have all of my books or does not refresh with new purchases.
Great audiobook service, terrible app
The app is very buggy, virtually at the point that it’s unusable.
1. Will randomly show that I don’t have any books on my device, even if I refresh. But then when I open again sometime later, books will reappear.
2. For downloaded books, will show some chapters/files as not downloaded, even if I’ve downloaded.
3. Is NOT able to remember where I left off when I hit pause and sometimes reverts back to my last saved bookmark. If I’ve been listening for a long time, this can be an hour out more.
4. Frequently displays the wrong Chapter and position after pausing when iPhone is unlocked. If God’s providence is smiling, it may find its place if I hit Play, but usually goes back to the previously saved bookmark.
This version is a major step down from the previous major version. And I am ready to abandon the app and spend the extra time to download the MP3s to iTunes and convert to audio book and listen that way, although I’m not looking forward to the extra time that takes.
- 13.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Christian Audio LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.