The next-generation READING APP that makes reading AWESOME with features to keep you engaged and motivated. Pick a book in our choice of 1 million, start reading any book for free, connect with other readers and share notes, highlights, and conversation - and become a better reader.
Build your bookshelf in seconds : Create a free reader profile, organize your books, create lists.
Browse our ebookstore : 1 million ebooks in all categories. Best sellers, fiction, non fiction, young adult, business, education etc... with great discounts and free classics.
Start any book for free! One touch and you’re into any book for free. Read up to 10% of the content before deciding to pursue and purchase the book. Also, upload an import your own epubs from Dropbox, your desktop of anywhere else!
Read anywhere, anytime, online and offline. Glose stores your current reads so you can read them offline, in the bus, subway, in the depths of a mysterious forest or a far away galaxy.
Join the Community : see what other people are reading, recommending, highlighting, and annotating.
Read with your friends! Create reading groups to read with your friends and share highlights and annotations. Shared annotations in the margins of the text make reading more engaging and exciting. Post a note and see what other readers think.
Start an online book club! Create a group, pick a name and image, invite people and choose books : you’ve got your online book club read to go - around the world!
Make reading beautiful : create beautiful quote cards from the books you read. Choose a sentence that inspires you, choose a background photo, and share the quote card on social media.
More about Glose :
Reading for better learning : our unique features makes your reading more conducive to text analysis, memorization, and study. Glose is used in leading schools and universities to power distribution of reading material and discussion around text.
Our bookstore features the works of Malcolm Gladwell, Walter Isaacson, Stephen King, John Green, Paulo Coelho, James Patterson, E.L. James, Suzanne Collins, Danielle Steel, David Baldacci, Janet Evanovich, Nora Roberts, Dan Brown, Dean Koontz, John Grisham, George R.R Martin, and many more !
• Read popular FREE ebooks by classic authors : Moby Dick, Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, The Art of War, by Sun Tzu, The Marvelous Land of Oz, Tales from Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice and more.
On Glose, reading becomes social. You can highlight your favorite quotes with one touch, archive them, share them on social networks, and annotate them. So join our community of readers who read, share, and discuss the books they love!
Glose provides the most powerful reading experience online.
• Customise your reading settings to personalise your experience : fonts, spacing, page structure, background color (might mode and more).
• Always pick up your reading at the right page thanks to automatic synchronisation of your Reading activity on all devices.
• Make new friends through books
So what are you waiting for ? Don’t miss the inspiring conversations happening every day in Glose, and Download our app !
Connect with us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GloseApp)
Follow Glose on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Glose)
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Not ready for Prime Time
This Kindle wannabe stumbles and stutters until you lose interest in the book. With as many commands and much design as it has copied from competitors, it’s nuts that the app isn’t more intuitive. I got thru one book, with frustration. But a quarter of the way through the second, and I gave up and bought it all over again on Kindle. Now if only I knew how to mark those 1st two books “read” and file them under another tab, well, it gives me goosebumps to contemplate. Not saying it can’t be done, just that it coulda been easier.
Obnoxious, loses my place, lacks search in app version
I read a lot and one favorite publisher requires Glose to read books purchased directly from them. I am rating iPad version. This is a poor version of Nook or Kindle:
1. It loses my place if I use another app or turn tablet off.
2. It skips chapters. I may finish chapter 1 and the swipe to a new page suddenly is chapter 5. This happens more with books I reread.
3. It hides pages, very difficult to get to a given place, similar to problem #2, I can get to the beginning of a chapter but it won’t open the pages in that chapter.
4. The iPad version lacks a book search to find a given title. I can sort by title or author but I cannot search for a title. Have to scroll through the 500+ titles to get to the one I want. Per the Glose help desk, there is a search button, but I find it only on the full web version, not the app.
5. If I add a book to a shelf, e.g., a shelf for my favorites, I cannot get it off that shelf. I mistakenly put a couple titles under the wrong author and could add to the correct author but not remove from wrong one.
Disappointing and gets frustrating. Errors happen more often now than a year ago but I do not see any updates available. I like to buy directly from publishers when they have sales but I’m beginning to wonder whether saving a few bucks is worth the hassle.
This reader is definitely a early version. I prefer the dark setting for reading. When using that setting the beginning of each chapter has a white bar across the top and a white space at the end of the chapter after the words end until the end of the page. I switch between my iPhone X and iPad but the app does not appear to synchronize my location between the devices. There appears to be a issue with the app sometimes where it jumps back a few pages when reopening the book. Support for the iPhone X is required. I have flip the page slowly to read one word at a time to read the first line on every page because the iPhone X notch blocks the words. I will say I do like the green bar showing the status of how far you are through the current chapter. Over all this app needs some upgrades to bring it to the basic level that other common reader apps are at.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 68.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Glose 2019